IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:33PM
    boydE wrote: »
    My mother just wants to leave it. i did try customer services but they said it has nothing to do with them.
    what gets me is the road tax is disability..

I am amazed and really sad to read this. Your Mum has been fleeced of her pension unlawfully, the money she has paid is going to be used to victmise other people like her - and Asda washed their hands of it (the branch, you mean?).

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nothing to do with them eh? Anything that affects the customer experience and perception of service should be Asda's concern. I would 'fine' this company the value of your lost custom. From experience, customer service departments are staffed with people with no customer service skills or authority. Take it to the top.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Customer services have not got a clue about these charges, some of their own colleagues stupidly pay parking charges, believing they are legitimate.
    I am sorry to hear your Mum has decided to forget about it, but I can understand my old mum was the same she would not owe a penny to anyone and she was conned many many times as a consequence, I just hope your Mum can cope with the loss of £40!
  • boydE wrote: »
    My mother just wants to leave it. i did try customer services but they said it has nothing to do with them.
    what gets me is the road tax is disability..

Don't bother with the customer services droid. Insist on speaking to no lesser than the store manager. Tell him how the cowboys they have employed have fleeced your mother and how their intimidaroty tactics mean that you and everyone you know will never darken the doors of his store again. Be polite, but make sure that lots of people are able to hear what you have to say. If he claims it's nothing to do with him, then he is either lying or his position as manager is merely "token" as he is unable to make any decision (and the entire store is run by HQ).
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 5 December 2011 at 9:36AM
    As this was ASDA I doubt if the PPC was actually UKCPS. More than likely it would be Town and Country who seem to "manage" most of the car parks for that supermarket chain.

ASDA don't seem to be very clued up about their relationship with PPCs. A few month ago I complained to their head office about the TCP signage in their car parks that talked about "penalties". Their first response was that the car-parks were "owned by the council" and managed on the council's behalf by TCP. It took a further two emails to get them to admit they ASDA actually owned the car-parks and that TCP were their agents.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hi Minniehaha,

May I ask what has happened to your situation? I got a ticket last night and just trying to find out the end to peoples situations.

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:34PM
    EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    k3ls3yp wrote: »
    Hi Minniehaha,

May I ask what has happened to your situation? I got a ticket last night and just trying to find out the end to peoples situations.

Thanks

In the end they go in the bin
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Thanks !
    No, not one of the retailers we wrote to had the decency to answer !! We have not been back there since, it's their loss.

Both girls have had three letters now that they have ignored, so I hope this is the end of it now.
    I'm not in the best of health and have worried myself sick over this, they shouldn't be allowed to prey on innocent people like this.

Thanks for all the support we've been given on this site, if it wasn't for people like you, I would have paid both fines myself which would have caused me further stress.
    Thankyou all very much !
  • notts_phil wrote: »
    In the end they go in the bin
    Don't pay, just ignore the letters, we have !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure