IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Comments

• AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    If you get a PM from Peter Haswell I wouldn't just disregard it.

Chances of court are slim - I don't think a judge would find much sympathy for a man who is attempting to fine somebody for having a meal. Were you supposed to walk out halfway through without paying???

This is a Savill's issue - I would complain to them. UKCPS and Savills are quite cosy.
  • Thank you to all that are helping with these dreadful people. The same thing happened to me in a local retail park where I had lived over 10 years ago and back then it was free to park anytime for as long as we needed. This time I parked for the first time in years and there were no large visible signs to make me aware the parking had changed. My mind was on my mothers birthday presents that I had to buy and I made straight for the shop. It took me over the parking time of 1hr 45mins by 6mins! I can't even be sure that they recorded the correct time I arrived. I was sure I was parked later than they stated I arrived on the 'ticket'. It was £100 fine and having spent £180 in the store on my mother, I was totally shocked and gutted too. I had no time to eat at Pizza Hut, which would have been my intention once I had dropped off my items in the car. They must have been lying in wait to make it 6mins over. I thought by law you had a 10min grace? My colleague had the same thing happen to her and she has ignored her letters, so I hope I can do the same. Everyone here is telling me its ok to ignore, so I will give it a go! Thank you so so much for making me feel better. I have written to all the stores as well to tell them I no longer will shop in that retail park again and am telling everyone to avoid it!!!!
  • fairyaly wrote: »
    Thank you to all that are helping with these dreadful people. The same thing happened to me in a local retail park where I had lived over 10 years ago and back then it was free to park anytime for as long as we needed. This time I parked for the first time in years and there were no large visible signs to make me aware the parking had changed. My mind was on my mothers birthday presents that I had to buy and I made straight for the shop. It took me over the parking time of 1hr 45mins by 6mins! I can't even be sure that they recorded the correct time I arrived. I was sure I was parked later than they stated I arrived on the 'ticket'. It was £100 fine and having spent £180 in the store on my mother, I was totally shocked and gutted too. I had no time to eat at Pizza Hut, which would have been my intention once I had dropped off my items in the car. They must have been lying in wait to make it 6mins over. I thought by law you had a 10min grace? My colleague had the same thing happen to her and she has ignored her letters, so I hope I can do the same. Everyone here is telling me its ok to ignore, so I will give it a go! Thank you so so much for making me feel better. I have written to all the stores as well to tell them I no longer will shop in that retail park again and am telling everyone to avoid it!!!!

Yes fairyaly, you should just ignore them and they will go away after they have sent you their chain of 'threat-o-grams'.

You don't owe them a penny!
    I thought by law you had a 10min grace?

The key issue is that this scam relies on the fact that there is no law or regulation of Private Parking Companies. So there are 'no rules' other than the ones they make up to make themselves look legitimate... and making themselves 'look' legitimate and scaring you is also part of the scam.

Now, are they breaking any laws by sticking a speculative invoice on your car for any reason they can think of? Not strictly, although they sail very close and often cross over the edge of the law! However, they are unable to enforce their invoices in law either and consistently fail to do so, on occasion when they decided to take the odd punt in front of a county court judge.

So remember, you are not dealing with reasonable people at a reasonable company... you are dealing with people and companies who have no moral compass who are interested in just one thing... your money!
  • twincabs
    twincabs Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2011 at 3:45PM
    Hi - I'm at the first stage of the process at the moment. Received a parking ticket from UKCPS at around 10.00pm last night
    Had parked there previously without issue at same times of night - didn't see any signs, but looking on Google steet view today can see some sort of signage up on the wall.
    I live approximately an hour away, and the ticket was stuck on the windscreen above the tax disc side, so I didn't see the ticket until this morning.
    The writing is barely legible, but I can just make out some details of time and place.

I presume all current 'rules' still apply with regards to how to treat this ticket, and just ignore it and the following 'demands'? Any reassuring advice and support would be greatly appreciated.
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2011 at 12:47PM
    twincabs wrote: »
    Hi - I'm at the first stage of the process at the moment. Received a parking ticket from UKCPS at around 10.00pm
    Had parked there previously without issue at same times of night - didn't see any signs, but looking on Google steet view today can see some sort of signage up on the wall.
    I live approximately an hour away, and the ticket was stuck on the windscreen above the tax disc side, so I didn't see the ticket until this morning.
    The writing is barely legible, but I can just make out some details of time and place.

I presume all current 'rules' still apply with regards to how to treat this ticket, and just ignore it and the following 'demands'? Any reassuring advice and support would be greatly appreciated.

yes just ignore them
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The usual warning comes with UKCPS threads about not disclosing any information on here which could point to the identity of the driver. This is because employees of this particular parking company monitor these forums trying to glean information. Similarly be vary wary of any private messages you may receive. It could be them.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • butchx5
    butchx5 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Hi
    Got one of these tickets Monday eve - again hidden by the tax disc so neither myself or my daughter noticed it till morning.

The date on the ticket is completely wrong - it is dated 4 days earlier.

Again a completely empty car park for an NHS service I do use during the day and would never park there during those hours but this was 8:15 in the evening. Loads of people were parked on the double yellow lines along the street - none of them got tickets and as my husband said even if they had it would be cheaper than the £60/£100 UK CPS want.

I use moneysavingexpert.com all the time and it has helped me out in so many ways and saved me ££thousands (literally - I have had £1800 in cashbacks alone). I shall once again, follow the sound and tried advice on here and

IGNORE EVERYTHING I receive from UKCPS

- I hate these and all the other scammers out there - wish the government would actually do something to stop them.

Helen
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2011 at 5:52PM
    You don't expect a UKCPS drone to be able to remember the correct date do you? If they had an IQ larger than their shoe size they wouldn't be working for UKCPS.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:32PM
    EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi. Parked in a residents parking area for less than 5 minutes to take something to a resident. When I went to see them they said I could not park so I went back down only to find I had been clamped and had to pay £80 to get released. I wrote to he clamping company only for them to say go away.

Wanted to know is it worth paying £25 and to take this to the small claims or do I have a claim as the sign said with permission. I asked and was told no so went to move car but to late.

Can anyone help?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport