We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jenchin66 wrote:
    We have sold old car tax discs on ebay, had about 12 and they sold for just over £9 :T :T

sorry if this is a daft question, but why would someone want to buy expired /used car tax discs? :rotfl:

i mean, would there have to be dodgy intent?!

does anyone know?

a few months ago i noticed people selling the 'you' magazine on ebay, which is given away free with each Mail on Sunday, these were going for a couple of quid each. not a fortune, but it at least covers the cost of buying your sunday newspaper, hope that helps.

this thread is great, it's given me lots of ideas, thanks everyone on here!
  • rls1973
    rls1973 Posts: 781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annie_T wrote:
    I sold my baby girl's used nappies on EBay! (admittedly they were the reusable type and had been washed but even so, I was surprised!)
    same here! and the trainer pants too!
  • nickm122
    nickm122 Posts: 132 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SpendHappy wrote:
    We have been selling the penguin comforter toys that we have been getting free with our Comfort fabric conditioner. Been selling for between 99p and £6.00!! Not bad for something we got for nothing!

I was thinking about doing this but my DD has started using one as a comforter so we're going to keep the rest as spares.:T
    [
  • LookingAhead
    Options
    nickm122: THANK YOU!

I just came running over to your thread from mine where I was gabbling on about being really grateful to you for starting this thread as it prompted me to list again.

I tried to sell some stuff privately last year with no success but after reading your thread I decided to try again using EBAY - and it's all sold! Someone has just met my reserve on on of my items (with 22 hours to go) which is £50, which is fantastic, and it may finish off going for more than that as it has had a lot of interest and has 9 'watchers'.

Another little item has sold as well for at least £6.50 (with 22 hours to go & [STRIKE]15 [/STRIKE]'16 watchers'!) so potentially more.

This money will come in SO bloomin' handy, I can't *tell* you how happy I am, it will give me some breathing space.

So thank you again for starting this thread.

Here, let me buy you a drink :beer: :D
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • LookingAhead
    Options
    pjb007 wrote:
    Just thought I'd search for 'tea bag' and I've found one, its been used and someone has bid on it!

There is still time to bid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/used-once-tea-bag_W0QQitemZ120074824839QQihZ002QQcategoryZ88433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's just hilarious!
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • sunnydays_2
    Options
    again not very relevent but... you know those fourtune balls that you ask for something then you shake it and it gives you the answer... well i was given about 13 and i brought 3/4 for a £1 each... put them on ebay and they made anything from £3 to £12 :D

Good, thanks I've got 2 of these thanks going to list them on ebay :beer:
  • s66blade
    Options
    :money:
    Couldn't believe some of the stuff people were selling - I've sold Videos and CD's before but really went to town yesterday listing stuff.

Dug out some old concert programmes, old perfume bottle, picture frame from the loft, NME's and Melody Makers and listed them - fingers crossed.
    Now encouraging the kids to find out all their old MacDonalds Happy Meal toys - the incentive being if they sell then they can spend the money on a new PS2 game or something.

If they go I've got a loft full of stuff that may just sell.
    Anything that doesn't gets bagged and taken to a charity shop.
    :beer:
  • Cerenia
    Cerenia Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a Legend of Dragoon ps1 game from a charity shop a while ago (already had a copy, but got a second), and sold it, went for £50 completely new condition, was shocked! Only paid £3!
    ~*Cerenia*~

2017 Goals
    Wedding Saving Pot - £1300/£2500

• all_hours
    Options
    chelle1002 wrote:
    I once won a Stuart Little teddy in a teddy machine and got £16 for it on ebay.
    Thought that was a nice little profit so went back and won myself an ET teddy in one which then went for £21.

Not bad for a £2 spend!

Is that one of the machines where you have to pick it up with a claw and then drop it in the shute?

Great thread btw.:T
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Is everyone putting in the ebay code, I keep looking to see if there is anything I need!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure