Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• liuhut
    liuhut Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    Options
    That reminds me Annie, I have a bag in the wardrobe...will dig them out and put them on.

I had a TV tuner thing (not very technical descprition!!) which I bought from Dell when I got my PC. Paid £50 but then realised that they had advised me wrong. Rang them and they said we will refund it and you can keep it. OH told me to put on Ebay and I got £55 for it!! Was quite impressed
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
  • seroxat_chick
    Options
    liuhut wrote:
    That reminds me Annie, I have a bag in the wardrobe...will dig them out and put them on.

When I first read that, I thought you meant you were going to wear them yourself! :eek: :rotfl:
  • kaznelson
    kaznelson Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for you post I have listed a digital camera that I dropped and broke the zoom on, Its already got bids!!
  • lbnblbnb
    lbnblbnb Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I like the idea of selling old pairs of glasses - it is so frustrating to have to spend so much on new ones. Has anyone any ideas about how to work out the prescription? I have some old pairs of (strong!) glasses, but my prescription has changed and I don't know how to find it out. Great idea!
    Grocery Challenge (2 adults 2 kids)
    19th June -18th July £91:15/£150 61%

Save £12,000 in 2013 No. 188 £7382/£12,000 62%
    2013 Frugal Living Challenge
    Debt free October 2012
  • SpendHappy
    Options
    We have been selling the penguin comforter toys that we have been getting free with our Comfort fabric conditioner. Been selling for between 99p and £6.00!! Not bad for something we got for nothing!:beer:
    January 2010 £47,314.43
    October 2012 £28,075.14
  • Marlee
    Marlee Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    weller711 wrote:
    This thread is a great idea!!!

My husband is VW freak and goes to scrap yards and gets all different little bits for VW's and sells them on E BAY for about 10 - 15x what he's paid for them at the scrap yard. A lot of overseas bidders can't get hold of a lot of car parts so are desperate to get hold of things....... and my OH has made a lot of money from doing this.

Also (shouldn't really say this and I'm really ashamed of him) but he thinks if something from a scrap yard will fit in his pocket then he doesn't have to pay for it and therefore makes even more of a profit. Yes, I know its technically stealing and I shout at him but it make no difference. (please don't be mad with us!!!!!!!!!!!)
    I am a great fan of e-bay too, but isn't there a tax liability if you buy to sell? Although if he is nicking the small pieces I don't suppose your hubby will worry about the tax man either! I have never sold anything on e-bay so I'm not sure about it, and I don't think it applies if you sell your own surplus stuff?
  • mh1923
    mh1923 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Options
    People have been selling the £5 makeup / £3 haircare Boots vouchers, so I just listed mine. I think I'll try selling my £10 Pigsback voucher when it arrives too. :)
    Hi, I'm Mich :o
    I won a years supply of Comfort fabric softener in November 2013 - more than half remains...
    2015 survey proceeds £115.36
  • shazka
    shazka Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    SUPER THREAD! I sold a drinks bar that i had specially made for my summerhouse. By selling a few extra's such as glasses and bar towels with it ,I made a profit of £90! Well pleased.:beer:
    I too have sold cd's, video's and mags, after all, what is one person's rubbish is another's treasure, and so may it always be that way:T
    Sharron x
  • chelle1002
    Options
    I once won a Stuart Little teddy in a teddy machine and got £16 for it on ebay.
    Thought that was a nice little profit so went back and won myself an ET teddy in one which then went for £21.

Not bad for a £2 spend!
  • jo1967
    jo1967 Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    I wanted to sell my Eternal Beau dinner set (soooo 80's lol!) so I checked ebay & to my suprise the cutlery sets were being battled for. Put mine on - week later £56!!! That bought me the basis ofthe new dinner set I had my eye on!!
    Also sold a signed Howard Jones DVD that I won (was actually after concert tickets!) for £9.50.
    Got plus size clothes on at the moment - 2 bids & tons of watchers.
    My friend has given me vintage stockings (new!) & womans magazines from the 1950's to sell. Not sure how I will do but will give it a go!!

I love selling on ebay!!! :rotfl:
    NEVER ASSUME! :rolleyes:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport