Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• littlestar1981
    Options
    I sold some Redken hair samples on ebay a few months back, I thought they were just rubbish samples but people bid loads for them!
    OU Student! - ED209, SDK125, DSE212, SK124, DSE141, SD226, DXR222, DD303, DD307 = BSc Psychology
  • climbgirl
    climbgirl Posts: 1,504 Forumite
    Options
    nodwah wrote:
    I know that the kinder egg toys sell well- like a pound or two, my kids have these lying around all over the place.

So do McDonalds toys, unwrapped and in mint condition is best. They're collectors items and different countries have different releases so they'll sell well to overseas bidders.

My friend worked for an antiques dealer as a student and her job was to go and buy the toys in bulk and post them to buyers in the States mostly!
  • newcook
    newcook Posts: 5,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brilliant thread!!!! I remember about ayear ago there was some crazy person who wanted pictures of peoples feet and offered about £25!

apart from the odd loony ebay is quite good! just heard on the radio that the guy who made £1000 on ebay while claiming benefits has been jailed for 5 months (radio 1)...
  • AnW'sMum
    AnW'sMum Posts: 4,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We started out 5 yrs ago selling DH's concert programmes and ticket stubs. Listed them seperately, one stub sold for £23.50!!!!!!

Best £2 investment in listing fees ever! Got eBay bug and kept listing, now have a little business on there as well as the personal ID selling our junk but another man's gold ;)
    Official Mascot and Chief Cheerleader for the 'Mortgage Free in Three' Gang :D
  • voddyvix
    voddyvix Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I went to see a recording of the Paul O'Grady show christmas before last and was given a 'Buster' dog... got £80 on ebay. Some were going for over £100 at the time!
  • posheak
    posheak Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    empty lipgloss containers sold to a lipgloss junkie
  • diamond
    diamond Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Bunnie1982 wrote:
    Think I might go to a car boot sale to sell some of my old junk, especially as I have not got the income to pay for postage costs initially for eBay and Amazon.

I have got all my old Raggy Dolls which I could sell, they just need cleaning up a little bit. Also got loads of old videos I could sell on - does anyone know if these make much money?

This thread is brilliant it has inspired me to get selling I have 3 boxes of stuff in the cupboard.

My best sell on ebay was a pair of freebie crappy binoculars, that I sold for around £40!! (honeslty they were rubbish I have seen similar in the kids toy section of the pound shop).

Bunnie1982 don't despair, try gumtree.com. Listings there are free and stuff sells quickly. I sold an old VHS that I listed for £10. Within hours my phone was ringnig for people to collect it. In the end someone begged to take it off my hands for £50!! I love gumtree because I don't have to think about postage or fees.
    Dreaming about 20/20 vision :rotfl:
  • posheak
    posheak Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    empty lipgloss containers sold to a lipgloss junkie
  • sandybaby
    Options
    pjb007 wrote:
    Just thought I'd search for 'tea bag' and I've found one, its been used and someone has bid on it!

There is still time to bid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/used-once-tea-bag_W0QQitemZ120074824839QQihZ002QQcategoryZ88433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I have been lurking on this great site for a while without posting but this thread is brilliant and this particular post has had me literally reduced to tears. Thank you for brightening up my day and I'm going to be sorting through our junk big time.
  • Annie_T
    Options
    I sold my baby girl's used nappies on EBay! (admittedly they were the reusable type and had been washed but even so, I was surprised!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback