Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• loopyloulou_3
    Options
    I sold my ipod mini that didnt work with no box or charger for £85! went to someone who obviously knew more about fixing ipods than i did, but i was happy!!
  • Babylonian_2
    Options
    Cuttings - from the press, magazines - I dread to think how many Heat Magazines I have chucked over the years :(
  • steveeeee
    steveeeee Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Babylonian wrote:
    Cuttings - from the press, magazines - I dread to think how many Heat Magazines I have chucked over the years :(

Same here! I used to subscribe to Future Music and Sound On Sound magazines when I was younger. I'd meant to hold on to them, but when time came to move out of my parents' house and in with my lovely wife :love: I figured it would be easier to take them to the recycling than to find space in our little house. Kicking myself now, cos I had about 80 issues altogether and they would definitely have been worth listing on eBay. I've still got a huge pile of the Future Music cover CDs in the attic, though. Hmm... :tongue:
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I mentioned the car tax disc thing to my DH as a result of this thread. He didn't believe a word of it, so to prove me wrong has put half a dozen old tax discs on ebay.

He was therefore absolutely gobsmacked when he had a bid on them within half an hour of listing :rotfl:

He then spent the rest of the evening rummaging in drawers for "unbelievable" things to sell - I have to remind him that the whole idea is to make money not to incur listing fees on stuff that he is trying to prove will not sell!!!

Will keep you updated.
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • DisneyPirate
    Options
    I have managed to sell sets of the free Disney park guides you get in the theme parks. I have also sold old beermats. I collected loads of these when I was a student in the 1980s and when we were moving house I found them in an old box, and I listed them in sets of 20-30 and got a few pounds for them. There are still collectors out there. it's amazing what people will buy, and I am particularly amazed at the Y-fronts!
    Bronze Challenge Total - £331.23
    Weight loss challenge: target 1 stone, currently 3 lbs.
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Wow, this thread is great!
  • nodwah
    nodwah Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    I know that the kinder egg toys sell well- like a pound or two, my kids have these lying around all over the place.
    I find I have to watch the postage tho' as sometimes I underestimate and it eats into my profits. It's confusing now with the changes about postage charges for different sizes of parcel.
    Just call me Nodwah the thread killer
  • Tinkywinks108
    Options
    These threads are making me laugh! And also making me kick myself for all the things I've binned. Good job I kept all the Christmas cracker novelties, they are going straight on Ebay. It's also interesting to note that some of the high bids mentioned have come from abroad as I've always thought it was safer to accept UK bids only, but maybe it's worth the risk.
  • mrs_paul
    Options
    I sold an opened packet of Asda nappies with 2 taken out for 90p more than you can buy them in the shops! I did quote the price for a full pack in the shops as I was worried about negative feedback but a bidding war ensued and I made a couple of quid.
  • Pandaemonium
    Options
    I don't know if he'll have posted this already, but similar to the broken gameboy SP, my brother in law eBayed a broken iPod Nano.

It had been through the wash.The screen was pretty scuffed, and I had it apart to dry in an airing cupboard. It would flash once when you inserted a USB cable, but nothing else.

It sold for 70 quid. He plainly mentioned that it was seriously water damaged, and still got excellent feedback for the item. Crazy. For an extra 40 the buyer could have had a spanking new one.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback