Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    What sort of listing do the carrier bags come under - I'm curious to have a look and can't find any!
  • Panic_Central
    Options
    This is a great thread - thanks. Have just started a new thread about how to make money quickly and I was saying I didn't have anything to sell but this gives me hope!!

I did have a nasty experience once though. I saw a poster at the beginnning of the thread saying she sold a colour supplement from weekend paper. I also tried to do this (may even have been same magazine because mine had short stories in!) and got a really abusive message from an ebay member asking what was wrong with me - selling something that cost a few pence, what a rip off etc etc - really abusive. Reported to ebay but member had disappeared I think. It really put me off to be honest but now I feel inspired to have another go!

Thanks

PC
  • amazon_spice
    Options
    Fab thread.:T
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    excellent thread where there's muck there's brass!! xxx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sold an old doll (my favourite one) I had when I was little. It was a Pippa doll (like a Sindy but much smaller). She was balding and everything, eyebrows worn away. Thought I'd list it just to see.

Turns out these dolls were only made for about 10 years and people collect them. Although virtually bald she was otherwise in good condition and that along with her old tatty well-worn clothes made me £38!!!! :D

Although another type of doll from when I was little only made £3.

So you just can't tell. ;)

wishing I hadn't thrown all the rest of my Pippa doll stuff away now!
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • jago25_98
    Options
    Regarding broken electricals.

I used to try and buy, fix and sell broken electrical stuff on ebay.

Problem was that people would usually bid higher than it was worth to repair it for some strange reason.

I then relised that with this they could sometimes do warrenty fraud and get a new one for free.

Another reason is that when the fault descriptions don't tell you much people assume it's a certain fault and tend to be optimistic.

It's tempting to be vague with your fault description but that's wrong and not fair. For example, "Doesn't turn on" with "dropped in water" left out, because water damage is much worse to repair and not a good idea to buy.

Smashed cars also go well. If you factor in higher insurance premiums an insurance write off claimed by your insurance company could go for a profit!
    Order of events: Banks lose our money -> get bailed out -> were inflating GBP to cover it -> now taxing us -> next will grab your funds direct -> things get really desperate to balance the books. What should have happened?: banks go bust and we lost our money much quicker
  • Contains_Mild_Peril
    Options
    What sort of listing do the carrier bags come under - I'm curious to have a look and can't find any!
    Usually Ladies' Accessories, sometimes Vintage Clothes & Accessories or Other Collectables. For some strange reason, they don't have their own Collectables category yet.
  • themaccas
    themaccas Posts: 1,453 Forumite
    Options
    We went round the house gathering junk last Sunday to sell on eBay and so far we have made £419 with an hour to go from the the first auction finishing I am amazed!!! I'll update this at the end of all the auctions and put the final amount. We have put 14 items up for sale and we put 15 books on Amazon. So far we have made £70.93 from Amazon. Good grief I'm going junk clearing/decluttering again next week!!!
    Debtfree JUNE 2008 - Thank you MSE:T
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Wow thats great - what did you sell??!!
  • raq
    raq Posts: 1,716 Forumite
    Options
    i kept mine from my very first metro in 1989. Am a horder. can;t help it.
    :A Tomorrow's just another day - keep smiling
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure