We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Things You Never Thought You Could Sell

Options

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,630 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the old perfume I have some Estee Lauder Beutiful and old lady game me, never used and in a box but no idea how old it is might put that on now
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Jun £30K + £12K added to pension & £1850 withdrawn) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125 May £0) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2026 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• Sa1sysoo
    Sa1sysoo Posts: 297 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've sold a couple of McDonald's toys on ebay, both in their original bags and not.
    Can I just say, genius idea for a thread, and totally inspiratinal. I've been selling what I thought was obvious stuff, old clothes, books (when they don't seel on ebay) and ornaments, but I never would have thought of broken things, or perfume bottles, or old magazines!!
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • chelle1002
    Options
    Originally Posted by chelle1002
    I once won a Stuart Little teddy in a teddy machine and got £16 for it on ebay.
    Thought that was a nice little profit so went back and won myself an ET teddy in one which then went for £21.

Not bad for a £2 spend!

Is that one of the machines where you have to pick it up with a claw and then drop it in the shute?

Certainly is! Though I feel I should include a warning that those machines can be addictive, and in normal circumstances are not a good way to save money but to lose it!
  • ancasta_2
    Options
    I have some teddies i won in Las Vegas in my hotels midway. hmmm anyone want a chicken dressed as a wizard that plays the birdie song?

HMMMM i shall see if i can make anything back for it. ha ha ah
  • jennyjelly
    jennyjelly Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've just sold my Tesco Clubcard vouchers on ebay for over twice their face value - £90 worth sold for £200. They are worth 4x face value if you cash them in for deals but there was nothing I wanted in the catalogue, so it was nice to double the value of something I got for free in the first place.

I don't shop in Tesco so they came from using my Tesco credit card (mostly in Asda) which is money I would have spent anyway.

And the buyer got a good deal with vouchers worth almost twice what he paid for them.

So everyone wins!
    Oh dear, here we go again.
  • goggins1977
    Options
    this week i have sold a 2005 slimming world book and points directory making £11.16 i have got tonnes to list over the weekend
    Will this hammy hunt ever end ???
    So far all 4 hamsters £40,3 beds £15,Skate board and u turn £22,House £25 total £97.00 ....still wanting wheel,car,slide,ball,surf board ....
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE :rotfl:
  • Money~Bunny_3
    Options
    Thanks for inspiring me to start listing stuff :T I have all sorts of things I never thought I could sell, (e.g. very old broken electronics, promotional tat, free wall charts etc etc etc). I'll be starting this weekend. What a great thread!
    Old-styler, crafter and freebie junkie!
    Frogga's Amazing Weight Loss Campaign: Member no.20 since 2/9/07 -- lost 10lb
    :love:Wedding bells 04/10/08 :love:
  • UniqueEarthling
    Options
    I'm excited and nervous all at once. Even though I've been a member of ebay for over 2 years, I've never sold on there. This thread has finally given me the push I needed. Thanks everyone...I just hope I've done it right :eek:

If it all goes well, I'll be running back in here to check what other tat I can get rid of very soon :D

PS What was the MSE code everyone was putting in? I've done a search to see if I can find out but it's hiding :D
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    Sorry I think I misled you, there is an ebay secret code for the 2007 olympic challenge and for the £1024 in 11 weeks challnege but there isn't on here unless we all start putting in a code - any ideas!?
  • UniqueEarthling
    Options
    Sorry I think I misled you, there is an ebay secret code for the 2007 olympic challenge and for the £1024 in 11 weeks challnege but there isn't on here unless we all start putting in a code - any ideas!?

It was the £1024 in 11 weeks challenge one I was thinking of. I forgot that was where I saw it. I'm too disorganised to try that lol but thanks for reminding me anyway?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure