Trying for a Baby Part 7

Options

Comments

• Helenlk
    Helenlk Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    QQuaver wrote: »
    Helenlk, congratulations!!!:j:j:j
    Our first August BFP! How do you feel? Have you told your OH/DH?
    I don't have much details about you, is it your 1st? When did you start ttcing?

Thank you QQ

This is our 1st. We got married may last year and have been trying since March this year. I'm 30 and DH is 29.

I told DH last night that i thought i was pg after doing a test but it was really faint and he kept saying Really? REALLY? your not kidding me? with a massive smile on his face. So took him to show him the test just to make sure i wasn't imagining it as it was really really faint. But he said he could see something. But we decided not to get our hope up and done another test this morning and showed him while is still faint but a little darker. So brought a digi and done it at work (as could wait knowing i had it in my bag). DH phoned me at lunchtime and asked if i had brought one and had done it. told him yes and it was + he is over the moon and he said sorry i wanted to wait until tonight but i couldn't wait any longer i was too excited and wanted to know. I just cant wait to see him tonight now!:j

I'm feeling fine had a couple of bad headaches which is normal with AF, sore boobs which again is normal for AF and had a few cramps not as bad and not as long as AF but they were all normal signs of AF and thought she was on her way. But luckily she stayed away! :D

xxx
  • good_vibes
    good_vibes Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Many grats Helenik,
    I can see a line Lilymay.
    You ladies are great to talk to about the TMI stuffs. Operation BDing working without having to say any thing. Every day since my moan on here and since he found he sister was expecting. Said to him earlier, you better have a night off. He said "why" LOL
    QQ can I be a pain and ask you to change me to DPO1 tomorrow please, had a stronger than control line on Opk last night (always about same colour normally) and felt ov pain for the first time in a very long time. I did one this morning at midday ( day off today) and it was still stronger than control line Not had opk go past cd13 so cd 16 is different for me from other cycles since checking. Hoping this is a good sign :). Will be interesting to see if this cycle is longer.
    Have a lovely evening everyone
  • claretsgirl
    Options
    Ooh, I'm soooo jealous! Atton, that ring is gorgeous and Squirrel, your dress is beautiful. Bet you both cant wait to wear them. And congratulations Helenk, all the best for the next nine months and beyond!
    I think my username is a fairly obvious reference to my team.
    I'm fed up again today so treated myself to some new jeans. Going to have a pamper evening tonight in preparation for the depressing birthday and none existent celebrations tomorrow. Talk about wallowing in self pity! Sorry folks. X
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You ladies have had some interesting conversations this afternoon! Just for the record, I'm not a becca but I am a Becky and in 2004 I was 17 (hence the 0417 part). It's been my username for most things ever since. I do like tea and my surname does not being with a J!

Congrats helen, have a lovely evening with your OH :)

Still waiting for ov hoping it happens this weekend!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • onlywayisup_2
    Options
    hello all!!

Long time no speak! Cd37 and depressing. Did a Hpt there now and BFN. No idea when i ovulated (as usual). Got the darkest most positive looking opk ever on cd 23 (but not a positive!)so if that was in any way accurate i was thinking maybe 12-13 DPO. However, got very erm 'wet' on CD 30-33 so if that was ovulation i have a way to go yet.

Decided to not DTD from cd28 onwards. We had managed every other day before then. In my craziness i thought 'well if i dont BD i really wont be pregnant so after cd40 at least then i'll know what to expect'. Madness! Convinced myself now that i dont ovulate so really hoping for af this weekend to try to make myself feel better. This is what were up against ladies, trying for babies and hoping for af!!

Been working nights with little 3G in work so cant post on my fone can only read snippets so thats why ive been absent.

Congrats Helen.:j Wishing you a healthy 8 months. Was there anything you did differently this month?

Good luck with the wedding squirrel. New york was one of the places we looked at. Having a wedding over there will be lovely. Enjoy every minute.

Hugs to everyone that needs them. I promise to make more of an effort to post.

My name isnt the onlywayisup either! Its actually Katie. My old username had Katie in it but i didnt want to be recognised as some of my family knew it so got a new one to post here.

As for your DH mrsJ, wouldnt it be great to view the world as a man for a day. Actually, probably not!:D
  • Helenlk
    Helenlk Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Helen.:j Wishing you a healthy 8 months. Was there anything you did differently this month?

Hi onlywayisup,

Thank you! I don't temp or use opk so i only assume i ov 14days before AF. We BD mostly every 2-3 days through out this cycle and made more of an effort in the fertile week being every 1-2 days. We really only just upped our game i suppose.

I was looking for convieve plus the other day as really wasn't convinced it would be this month but thought i will wait till after AF.

xx
  • squ1rrel5
    squ1rrel5 Posts: 783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My you lot have been busy today! My user name just comes from my love of the small furry animals - pretty simple!!

Think I'm the same on most forums - thats what my OH knew me as originally too as that was my username on the dating site we met on!

Congratulations Helen!! Hope you have a happy 9 months ahead!

Atton, that wedding ring is really unusual - bet you cant wait to wear it properly. Thats how I feel about mine but not long now!

Can't believe how few BFP's there has been this month!! Everyone must have been too tired after the Olympics opening ceremony to BD!!
    Is this the quietest month we've ever had QQ? Hopefully everyone will catch up next week while I'm away and I'll come back to a bumper crop!!! :D
  • Flee_2
    Flee_2 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Helen.
    Cd1 for me today. Going for the cough medicine again this month as I don't think I am making much cm atm.
    On the funny side was bding last night and forgot that the window was open and I was a bit too vocal. OH said just after he finished. I wish I had shut the window before we did that, I think the street heard you moaning. Lol. Hope no one was about.
    Halifax CC £1029/£2490, Tesco CC [STRIKE]£0/£3203[/STRIKE], Tesco loan £15431/£15808, Carloan1 £6743/£8241, Carloan2[STRIKE] £0/£3813[/STRIKE]

Pay all your debt off by Xmas 18 =22% £6661/£29865
  • atton83
    atton83 Posts: 604 Forumite
    Options
    We keep trying the rings on and when we do we don't want to take them off as it hurts.

My engagement ring is ruby and diamonds in a criss cross to represent us both he is rubys as hes a july baby. Im the diamonds as i am a january baby but i hate the january birthstone.

Cant wait for the dress.

I may be on a hnd at coventry university college there rushing my application through and oh has an interview saturday for a ba hons in design top up course so fingers crossed the wedding can still go ahead see little bits of hope so not freaking out yet lol

Im not trying to ss Qquaver i promise but so many symptoms is making my head spin

Tonight i have pain on my right side of my tummy and i am going to the toiket every 15 mins but im not drinking the ammount of fluids i need to warrant this many toilet breaks

If this all goes right ohs promised me a honeymoon july next yr new york here i come

Thank you all for being here i know sometimes i can get too much with my questiones

I just want one child and 12 years is a long time to wait for it
  • apple*pie
    apple*pie Posts: 167 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2012 at 8:57PM
    Options
    My my, you've all been having a right old laugh today!!

I'm lying in bed watching Corrie with a cup of tea.... Had a lovely day with friends at the Safari Park today.
    Waiting for oh to stop faffing in the other room and come and bd instead :p. Got +opk yesterday but he was way too tired, so hoping we're not too late. Have a bit of an ache on my left, which I'm presuming is ov pain. Going to really keep note of all the aches, pains and symptoms this month so that I know what is "normal" in future rather than SSing and getting disappointed....

QQ can you put me as 0DPO today....thanks

Congrats Helen, hope you have a good pregnancy.

Lilymay, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I could see a line :D

As for my username, I am neither an apple or a pie - I set up a new account on here so some friends iRL didn't spot me, and I think I was looking at recipes when I came up with the new name. Everytime I read it though I want apple pie!!

Hugs to all that need them xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport