Trying for a Baby Part 7

Options

Comments

• lilymay1
    lilymay1 Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    Options
    Flee wrote: »
    On the funny side was bding last night and forgot that the window was open and I was a bit too vocal. .

Oh my GOD. I did exactly this a couple of weeks ago! I was so embarrassed when OH said the window had been open. I think I left the curtains closed all day in case anyone saw me. :o

Big hugs for CD1.

Still no AF (touching wood) and not really any cramping either. That said, I'm not in the slightest bit hopeful - things just don't feel right. DS is lying asleep infront of me and I have a picture of DD just above him. They look so alike its just untrue. Makes me so sad :(

I really, REALLY don't want to go to work tomorrow :( Boohoo.

OWIS - good luck for this cycle :)
    14th October 2010
    20th October 2011
    3rd December 2013
  • Hopefor3
    Hopefor3 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hello ladies, I've spent most of the night catching up on the thread.
    I have a question please...after coming of the pill in April and having my first proper AF start of July, it was exactly 28 days later to my next AF. I am using digi opk's this month, tested from day CD10 and every 1 has been negative, now on CD17...do I continue to test until AF (feels like a waste!).
    I've got a water infection so not much chance of BD anyway, just wanted to know when I ovulate, if I ovulate next week great, just feels a bit later than I expected.

Baby dust to all :)
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    atton83 wrote: »

I may be on a hnd at coventry university college there rushing my application through and oh has an interview saturday for a ba hons in design top up course so fingers crossed the wedding can still go ahead see little bits of hope so not freaking out yet lol

Why do you need to get into the courses to have your wedding?

Hoping this cycle will work with the lunaception. Had a new person start at work a couple of weeks ago and they are possibly one of the most annoying people i have EVER had to work with. I seriously thought I was going to loose it with them today. Luckily my friend at work feels the same so we spend most of the time btiching on emails to each other to relieve the stress! Just cant bear the thought of having to work with them for long!
  • mrsj28
    mrsj28 Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefor3 wrote: »
    Hello ladies, I've spent most of the night catching up on the thread.
    I have a question please...after coming of the pill in April and having my first proper AF start of July, it was exactly 28 days later to my next AF. I am using digi opk's this month, tested from day CD10 and every 1 has been negative, now on CD17...do I continue to test until AF (feels like a waste!).
    I've got a water infection so not much chance of BD anyway, just wanted to know when I ovulate, if I ovulate next week great, just feels a bit later than I expected.

Baby dust to all :)

It can take a few cycles after coming off the pill to settle down into a regular pattern. Have you been keeping an eye on your CM? If you notice it getting watery/strechy/slippery - like raw egg white - it is usually a sign that you are fertile and that ovulation is approaching.

I don't find the OPKs any good personally, I can never seem to get a positive, but they do work for some people of course! It might take a few cycles to work out what you are comfortable with (temping/checking cm/opks/just having sex every couple of days etc). Hopefully you won't have to work all that out thought and you'll get a BFP very soon! :)

If I were you I would stop the OPKs as they are expensive, especially the digi ones, and maybe keep an eye on your cervical mucus instead (it's free to do that!!!! This is a money saving site after all :rotfl::money:)
  • mrsj28
    Options
    claire16c wrote: »
    Why do you need to get into the courses to have your wedding?

Hoping this cycle will work with the lunaception. Had a new person start at work a couple of weeks ago and they are possibly one of the most annoying people i have EVER had to work with. I seriously thought I was going to loose it with them today. Luckily my friend at work feels the same so we spend most of the time btiching on emails to each other to relieve the stress! Just cant bear the thought of having to work with them for long!

Have you had much success with the lunaception? I've been doing it for a couple of cycles now, but not noticing a massive difference, although this cycle I did get three days of EWCM which is pretty good going for me! I *thought* I OV'd on CD 18 or 19 this month but that would make me 14/15DPO now and got a bfn this morning (and no symptoms to speak of!), so I'm beginning to question that now and think may be I OV'd later after all.
  • claire16c
    claire16c Posts: 7,074 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrsj28 wrote: »
    Have you had much success with the lunaception? I've been doing it for a couple of cycles now, but not noticing a massive difference, although this cycle I did get three days of EWCM which is pretty good going for me! I *thought* I OV'd on CD 18 or 19 this month but that would make me 14/15DPO now and got a bfn this morning (and no symptoms to speak of!), so I'm beginning to question that now and think may be I OV'd later after all.

The first month I ov on day 19 which was earliest EVER and EWCM on day 13 so I was super impressed!

Then the next 2 months I ov on day 27. Which gave me a roughly 40 day cycle which i guess isnt too bad. But not short enough for me to think that the lunaception worked and wasnt coincidence.

however, the first month I was stricter with putting a light on in the morning and had sunny weather etc.

So Im hoping that will be the case this time - as looks like its gonna be 30c at the weekend just as I take the mask off!

Regarding the opks - I think I read somewhere something about them not always working well if you have PCOS - although I could have sworn that I read you are likely to get lots of positives and so should order the less sensitive ones...or was it the other way round?. hmm..I think it was the home health ltd website I read it on?

Im lucky in that opks do work for me and I have always got a positive one at some point in the month, and them my temp rises like clock work and often get a pain so I know for certain which day it is. Its just the fact it takes such a long time for me to ov!!
  • mrsj28
    Options
    claire16c wrote: »

Regarding the opks - I think I read somewhere something about them not always working well if you have PCOS - although I could have sworn that I read you are likely to get lots of positives and so should order the less sensitive ones...or was it the other way round?. hmm..I think it was the home health ltd website I read it on?

That's what I thought... but I never get a positive!

Anyway, I'm supposed to be 'relaxed ttc' at the moment and just bding every 2-3 days.

It's going really well. We last had sex on Tuesday. Last week. Oh dear...

I think we didn't do too badly though, managed every couple of days from about CD12 - CD24.

I'd just like to know when I OV so that I'm not expecting AF and then waiting around for ages confused by the BFNs.
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I think the first BFP since I properly starting trying (congratulations Helen :j) has made me a bit soppy.... but I love you guys! :D;):p:A:) There are so many names on here that I can't wait to see announce their BFP and I hope we all experience it before too long; I think the final part of 2012 is going to be really positive for all the lovely ladies who are TTC (especially those who've been trying for a while ;)).

I love how much I've learnt since reading all your posts, and how supportive, friendly, clever and funny you all are. The posts today have had me in stitches :rotfl:and made the cramps seem nowhere near as bad as they were last night.

Good work ladies!
  • time2deal
    time2deal Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been reading today but not able to respond at work. Very funny! I do enjoy this forum and I think I would be much more stressed about TTC without this support. I also like that QQ enforces minimum symptom spotting - there are other forums I have seen where people spend days convincing each other they are pregnant. I need to be a little more grounded or I would be on even more of an emotional rollercoaster.

I do think of you all by your usernames now! I know I sent a parcel to LilyMay - and if I recall correctly I used LilyMay as the name on the parcel. Is that your real name?!

My user name is slightly depressing. I set it up after another binge drinking night a few years ago - which had resulted in nearly breaking up my relationship. So I wanted to sign up to a few alcohol sites, not using my normal user name which is actually a nickname that lots of people use. Hence timetodeal. I like when people short it actually! T2D sounds much nicer.
  • time2deal
    time2deal Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Options
    Slightly more on-topic, I think that I ov'd last night. Hopefully well timed for a BD.

Monday: -OPK
    Tuesday: +OPK
    Wed: bit of EWCM (not much). At night I think my cervix was in a different place. First time I have felt it like that, which I suppose matches the description of 'high up', although I could barely touch it, so couldn't tell if it was more open. BD (twice!).

I had thought I would OV tonight, but zero EWCM today or anything, so it must have been last night.

Anyway, lost of waffle, but I think that makes me 1DPO tomorrow (friday). Back to the land on the 2WW!

eta: Sorry Helen, I keep meaning to say congrats. Hope you have a happy and safe pregnancy, and glad to finally get an August BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure