Budget energy

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Just got the call from PowerNI & switched,took about ten minutes as they were having 'puter problems but all went smoothly & I ended up with more leccy when the credit was put back on the meter.
    Well done Spike.This winter might be a bit warmer for all of us switchers:D
    I had more credit too when the switch was made that day albeit it was only 2p but 2p is 2p after all.
    It goes to show that PowerNI can be generous when they want.
  • niceday999
    niceday999 Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    Options
    yeah !!! i'm switched too now. it took from 6th sept to friday there....but i'm now on Budget energy !!!!!!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    I got a letter from NIE today,they've sent me two new pay point cards for my meter!lol

I've noticed a difference straight away,yesterday I did a load of laundry & some baking,total used yesterday was 96p,as opposed to £1.17 last week when I did the same things!
  • Ballfroze
    Options
    Many thanks to all in this thread who gave me the confidence to make the switch to Budget as i hadnt done anything like this before. :beer:
    I have also made the switch for my elderly mother and told my neice about it too and she switched also.

I am expecting the phone call from budget around the 4th November and hopefully not too long after from Power NI so i can join you lucky devils in the world of cheaper leccy!

Thanks Spike for the info on Firmus gas too as im gonna give them a ring tomorrow.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Ballfroze wrote: »
    Many thanks to all in this thread who gave me the confidence to make the switch to Budget as i hadnt done anything like this before. :beer:
    I have also made the switch for my elderly mother and told my neice about it too and she switched also.

I am expecting the phone call from budget around the 4th November and hopefully not too long after from Power NI so i can join you lucky devils in the world of cheaper leccy!

Thanks Spike for the info on Firmus gas too as im gonna give them a ring tomorrow.
    Well done BF.:T
  • cillbill
    cillbill Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    sdw406 wrote: »
    I just joined budget energy and I was on NIE's power shift rate which worked for me as I was rarely in at peak times - NIE's new power shift rates are:

Low rate
    Mon – Fri midnight – 8am, Sat & Sun 7pm – 8am 10.41p

Normal rate
    Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm & 7pm – midnight.
    Sat & Sun 8am-7pm 15.61p

Peak rate
    Mon-Fri, 4pm – 7pm 27.77p

(prices are pence per unit)

Budget Energy's power shift rates are:
    Low rate
    Mon – Fri midnight – 8am, Sat & Sun 7pm – 8am 8.47p

Normal rate
    Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm & 7pm – midnight.
    Sat & Sun 8am-7pm 12.77p

Peak rate
    Mon-Fri, 4pm – 7pm 22.59p

Hope this helps.

Do these power shift rates automatically apply to everyone or do you have to ask to get moved onto the 'Power Shift Rate'?
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    As I'm not working at present (on ESA due to heart ilness) my day is spent on the laptop & watching TV,apart from a daily walk around the commons park,last week an average day usage was around 95p,normally I only used the surround sound in the evening,trying to keep the costs down (and before anyone has a go for me having a plasma TV/Surround Sound ect while claiming ESA,these were bought when I was working!)
    Yesterday I had it on nearly all day & the usage on the meter for yesterday was 88p.
    Happy with that!
  • hazelc56
    Options
    I too have similair circumstances like Spike and have switched to Budget energy about 6 weeks ago.I am trying to keep a tally on what i use and also trying to simulate what i used this time last year.
    I think i am saving some money since the switch as last year around this time i would have been using about £12 plus per week.
    I have noticed that for the past few weeks my amount has stayed at £10 which is good for me.That £2 saving can be used for the colder days ahead.
    Taking care of the pennies is certainly helping the pounds to take care of themselves in my case.
    I will definitely know for sure between December and February, as each year i tend to use about £17 per week on electricity.
    Any of you who are STILL with a company who are charging you a high rate and are a bit hesitant to switch to Budget Energy well i would like to say do not be afraid as you can leave them at anytime if you dont like them.(but i am sure you will like them)Plus it is so easy to switch.
    They have also said that they will always be 14% cheaper than the other two companies.(thats for keypad users)I assume they will be always be 17% cheaper for the Bill Payers as well.I recommend that anyone go to their website and have a look.
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    I see that budget has said there will be no increases until 25/11/11: http://www.budgetenergy.co.uk/News/No-Price-Increase-at-BudgetEnergy.aspx and also that the rates for electricity will be incraseing to 14p exc VAT (14.7p inc VAT) for bill pay users, a rise of 18% and 14.8p exc VAT for keypad users (15.54p inc VAT) but still cheaper than the others by the look of it.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • Chickabee
    Chickabee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid my dealings with budget energy have been very poor so far. I filled out an online request to switch over to them at start of Oct. They sent me welcome pack. Din't hear anything so i rang them after 2 wks to be told they would get in touch with me when my switch over date was set.
    I noticed one missed call on my mobile at the end of last week, no answer phone message or anything. I left a message on their answer phone as i ran after closing hours asking them to get in touch with me. Heard nothing. Rang today to be told that i should have been switching on 28th oct and that because they couldn't get me (they rand once on my mobile) that i had "timed out" and had to start the whole process again!
    "Oh they would have rang numerous times, and sent a text message" - Err no they didn't, rang my mobile once, didn't leave a message.
    So now i have to start the whole 10 days cooling off process again - bit of a shambles of a company it seems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure