iluvfreebies Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Whos best at the min? Looking a move from power ni
    Comp Wins 2011 : Cant wait to start listing everything:j:j:j
  • bigsy
    bigsy Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Whos best at the min? Looking a move from power ni
    Fixed contract or not, online billing with or without direct debit, keypad? It all depends.:)

These are the latest tariffs according to the NI Consumer Council:

http://www.consumercouncil.org.uk/filestore/documents/Electricity_Price_Comparison_Table.pdf
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    We have a credit on our electric bill and when we contacted Budget Energy to reduce our monthly DD in order to use up the credit they stated the amount was correct and provided us with how they reached the figure they did. However when we contacted them again stating that they had not taken the credit in our account into consideration we got the following response, "As you are a monthly direct debit customer, the bill should show one month payment in credit as the direct debit we receive is in advance."

Does everyone who pays their Budget Energy electric bill by monthly DD have one month credit on their bill? BTW when we contacted them before to increase our DD there was no problem and the request was actioned within a few hours however when we asked them to decrease the bill it has taken them from the 28th April until today to respond although they haven't done as we requested

On Monday of this week we emailed Budget Energy and asked them why there was no mention in their frequently asked questions on their website http://www.budgetenergy.co.uk/FAQ/Payments-Billing-(1).aspx regarding the need for our bill to be one month in credit as it stated "Will I receive a refund if I have a credit balance when my monthly Direct Debt is reassessed?" and the response provided is "For a customer who pays by Direct debit, in the first 6months as a Budget Energy customer we will re-asses your monthly payment. Then annually we will review your payment against your current year’s consumption. If there is a credit or debit on your account we will amend your monthly payment to clear any balance so that you are then only paying for what you are actually using.", and we also told them that this obviously does not mention any requirement to have one month payment in credit on a bill.

We also asked them to provide us with a direct link to the information regarding "as you are a monthly direct debit customer, the bill should show one month payment in credit as the direct debit we receive is in advance."" on their website.

We have just received an email from Budget Energy to say they are going to amend our monthly DD to the amount we requested. :j Why oh why could they not have done this in the first place?!?

Must look to see if Budget Energy are still the best for us. :money:
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Did a search on Budget following recent direct debit issues, contacted them five weeks ago requesting a reduction, they replied and said that my calculations were pretty much spot on but that it required higher approval to modify a DD and that would typically take 30 days. Now that 30 days have passed I emailed the guy only to get a response that he'd changed departments but would pass on my mail to the Finance team. Looking at other posts I think the best solution is to move away from them. In two years they have never revised my monthly DD and in any one quarter (summer, winter, whatever) we have never spent as much as the DD, consequently they now have about £200 of my money and if everything continues as is they will add another £50 to this every year. Previously I was with Airtricity who were pretty bad on DD revision (but not this bad), time to shop around again methinks...
  • rolo1_2
    rolo1_2 Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    Guiriman, why not consider switching to Keypad? that way you are in control.
  • guiriman
    Options
    It's always been more expensive in the past but starting to do some comparisons that seems to have changed so might be an option going forward.
  • guiriman
    Options
    Gave budget a ring and explaining the correspondence to date and individual in question the guy that answered described him as a lazy xxxx. Bit surprised at that but bottom line is no payments till February and a reduction in the DD by £4 following that. Sorted for now, will look at switching to keypad come the new year.
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    edited 1 November 2014 at 7:18AM
    Options
    Before I moved house last year I had monthly DD with budget .
    When I moved I found it difficult to get my credit of them .
    I sent then a link to a thread on here where people had mentioned not being able to get the credit back.Within two day I had a reply saying they give refunds once a month and mine would be included in the next run .
    I changed from monthly direct debit to keypad .I found it easier to manage.
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • bingobangobongo
    Options
    Folks - moved into a new house and need to sign up to electricity supplier.

In our last house we had keypad, but not in this one. Would probably prefer keypad, Can it be installed for free?

Who can do this and who is the best supplier for key pad customers?

If I can't get a keypad, then who should I turn to for monthly direct debit...

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport