Budget energy

Options

Comments

• hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Chickabee wrote: »
    I'm afraid my dealings with budget energy have been very poor so far. I filled out an online request to switch over to them at start of Oct. They sent me welcome pack. Din't hear anything so i rang them after 2 wks to be told they would get in touch with me when my switch over date was set.
    I noticed one missed call on my mobile at the end of last week, no answer phone message or anything. I left a message on their answer phone as i ran after closing hours asking them to get in touch with me. Heard nothing. Rang today to be told that i should have been switching on 28th oct and that because they couldn't get me (they rand once on my mobile) that i had "timed out" and had to start the whole process again!
    "Oh they would have rang numerous times, and sent a text message" - Err no they didn't, rang my mobile once, didn't leave a message.
    So now i have to start the whole 10 days cooling off process again - bit of a shambles of a company it seems.
    Chick. This is unfortunate for you.I know that Power NI were a bit behind with their dealings and switching people over as it is them who actually do the final switch.I think there must be a backlog of people switching during October so maybe Budget couldnt ring round everyone they missed on the first call.I hope you get it sorted with better ease this time round.Once its done it will be worth it in the end.Good luck.:)
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Chick. This is unfortunate for you.I know that Power NI were a bit behind with their dealings and switching people over as it is them who actually do the final switch.I think there must be a backlog of people switching during October so maybe Budget couldnt ring round everyone they missed on the first call.I hope you get it sorted with better ease this time round.Once its done it will be worth it in the end.Good luck.:)

I received an e-mail from the girl from Budget as well as text to my mobile asking for a timeslot for the call from NIE,I gave Budget anytime during a week.
    Then I got the time between 9 & 10 Monday morning.

Since switching & checking my usage daily,I'm saving around 10p a day so far....:T
    Which effectivly means I'm getting a days free electric per week from the savings from switching.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    I received an e-mail from the girl from Budget as well as text to my mobile asking for a timeslot for the call from NIE,I gave Budget anytime during a week.
    Then I got the time between 9 & 10 Monday morning.

Since switching & checking my usage daily,I'm saving around 10p a day so far....:T
    Which effectivly means I'm getting a days free electric per week from the savings from switching.
    Thats exactly how i look at it Spike.
  • Ballfroze
    Options
    I got a Phonecall from Budget today 2 weeks after i first phoned Budget about switching and i have a timeslot of between 11 and 12 tomorrow for my switchover. :)

So i can now enjoy cheaper power which will be handy when i switch on the :xmastree:
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    Ballfroze wrote: »
    I got a Phonecall from Budget today 2 weeks after i first phoned Budget about switching and i have a timeslot of between 11 and 12 tomorrow for my switchover. :)

So i can now enjoy cheaper power which will be handy when i switch on the :xmastree:
    No frozen balls this winter
  • hazelc56
    Options
    LOL its a cracker:rotfl:
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    It's been a week since I switched (last Monday) & my average use is 82p a day compared to 96p with the Power NI.In total my usage was £5.93 compared to over £7.00 before the switch.I should imagine that when the nights get lighter,then that 82p per day will drop off.
    So I'm happy as larry with that!
  • Ballfroze
    Options

:D I certainly hope not, i have the missus helping me out in that department ;)
  • Ballfroze
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    It's been a week since I switched (last Monday) & my average use is 82p a day compared to 96p with the Power NI.In total my usage was £5.93 compared to over £7.00 before the switch.I should imagine that when the nights get lighter,then that 82p per day will drop off.
    So I'm happy as larry with that!

As i am about to switch its reassuring to read posts like yours Spike, thanks mate. :)
  • Ballfroze
    Options
    Well i got the phonecall from PowerNI at 11-20 today and i am now switched, I then went round and took my mums phonecall and got her switched too :)

Thanks again to everybody who posted their stories and made it easier for me to understand how easy the process was. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure