Budget energy

Options

Comments

• sdw406
    Options
    I just joined budget energy and I was on NIE's power shift rate which worked for me as I was rarely in at peak times - NIE's new power shift rates are:

Low rate
    Mon – Fri midnight – 8am, Sat & Sun 7pm – 8am 10.41p

Normal rate
    Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm & 7pm – midnight.
    Sat & Sun 8am-7pm 15.61p

Peak rate
    Mon-Fri, 4pm – 7pm 27.77p

(prices are pence per unit)

Budget Energy's power shift rates are:
    Low rate
    Mon – Fri midnight – 8am, Sat & Sun 7pm – 8am 8.47p

Normal rate
    Mon – Fri 8am – 4pm & 7pm – midnight.
    Sat & Sun 8am-7pm 12.77p

Peak rate
    Mon-Fri, 4pm – 7pm 22.59p

Hope this helps.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Got an e-mail yesterday,switching over Monday morning!
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Got an e-mail yesterday,switching over Monday morning!
    Good for you spike, Are they still running a bit slow?I noticed that you got your welcome pack on the 8th and are now switching on 31st.
    I reckon if they are running slow then thats good as there must be more customers joining.....which will hopefully keep the prices down....I think :think:
  • spike7451
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Good for you spike, Are they still running a bit slow?I noticed that you got your welcome pack on the 8th and are now switching on 31st.
    I reckon if they are running slow then thats good as there must be more customers joining.....which will hopefully keep the prices down....I think :think:

They seem to be,they asked for a date & time so I gave them a week slot,I normally get my ESA on the Sat coming so gave them till the Thursday just in case.Stll have'nt heard anything apart from the initial welcome letter from Firmus for the gas yet tho...
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Folks,lol I seem to never be off this thread but i was just wondering if any of you switchers to Budget Energy or Airtricity have Gas as well.If so who do you think are cheapest.I have a freind who switched to Airtricity(before she heard about BE)and she has gas installed.(Pheonix)i think.She is wondering who to switch her Gas supply to...any suggestions welcomed. Thank you
  • spike7451
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Folks,lol I seem to never be off this thread but i was just wondering if any of you switchers to Budget Energy or Airtricity have Gas as well.If so who do you think are cheapest.I have a freind who switched to Airtricity(before she heard about BE)and she has gas installed.(Pheonix)i think.She is wondering who to switch her Gas supply to...any suggestions welcomed. Thank you

I'm switching to Firmus myself..

http://www.firmusenergy.co.uk/

I started a thread here;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3533689

HTH,
    Spike
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    With regard to retrieving a powercode the only way to do this is by phoning Budget and you can only do this during office hours.

There are only Phoenix and Firmus for gas at the minute. Firmus is 10% cheaper.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    With regard to retrieving a powercode the only way to do this is by phoning Budget and you can only do this during office hours.

There are only Phoenix and Firmus for gas at the minute. Firmus is 10% cheaper.
    Thank you EX for this info.:)
  • spike7451
    Options
    Just got the call from PowerNI & switched,took about ten minutes as they were having 'puter problems but all went smoothly & I ended up with more leccy when the credit was put back on the meter.
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Our first DD was taken this morning as promised. Still awaiting final bill from Power NI though....
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family