Budget energy

Options

Comments

• RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering if we will be getting any communication about the price increases at the end of this month? Clearly I know they are going up, but do they have to tell us that they are increasing their prices formally by letter/email?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    RTNI wrote: »
    Just wondering if we will be getting any communication about the price increases at the end of this month? Clearly I know they are going up, but do they have to tell us that they are increasing their prices formally by letter/email?
    Was wondering about that too RT.They should do as I am sure not everyone knows that they will be increasing the price.I am also wondering if we will be given a long code to enter in when the increase does happen.
  • RTNI
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    Was wondering about that too RT.They should do as I am sure not everyone knows that they will be increasing the price.I am also wondering if we will be given a long code to enter in when the increase does happen.

Yes that's an interesting one. I'm not really sure how it works for people on keypads who top up as they go, perhaps it will be done with a longer or different number (or maybe the number itself will act as the price increase information). Having moved into our first home in Sept 09, I can't remember NIE/Power NI sending a letter to the OH about price increases (maybe because there were none?) but I would be expecting something from them about the price increases.

They would definitely need to write to us to tell us our monthly DD amounts will be increasing if that's the case, but nothing received as yet.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Yes that's an interesting one. I'm not really sure how it works for people on keypads who top up as they go, perhaps it will be done with a longer or different number (or maybe the number itself will act as the price increase information). Having moved into our first home in Sept 09, I can't remember NIE/Power NI sending a letter to the OH about price increases (maybe because there were none?) but I would be expecting something from them about the price increases.

They would definitely need to write to us to tell us our monthly DD amounts will be increasing if that's the case, but nothing received as yet.
    RTNI, Thanks for your reply,I suppose we shall just have to wait and see what they do.
    As long as Budget honours their commitment to always being 17%( Bill Payers) and 14%( Keypads) cheaper than Power ni and Airtricity,I can live with their increase.It isnt their fault really as they seem to be trying their best to keep the prices down considering they are a small company.
    I reckon,speaking for myself that my electricity cost will pan out the same as every other year because of the increase,so i suppose i am neither losing or gaining any real savings.I will just have to accept that fact.
    Hopefully the power wont go to their heads in the future.:D
  • RTNI
    Options
    hazelc56 wrote: »
    As long as Budget honours their commitment to always being 17%( Bill Payers) and 14%( Keypads) cheaper than Power ni and Airtricity,I can live with their increase.

Do we have this in writing anywhere? I would be very wary of claiming they will always be 17% cheaper, I mean, that's quite a bit! However, if it's in writing then great news! :j
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Do we have this in writing anywhere? I would be very wary of claiming they will always be 17% cheaper, I mean, that's quite a bit! However, if it's in writing then great news! :j
    RTNI.hmm.was checking out the budget site but dont see anything stating 17% on the increase.Thanks for bringing it to my awareness.The girl told me via phone about the percentage always being cheaper than the other 2 companies.However,on the leaflet i received with my welcome pack it says the following....

"The discounted price shown is subject to change should the wholesale price increase.
    This however will not affect your percentage discount rate,which remains the same".

It does also say on their site...

"Budget Energy new tariff is effective from the 25/11/2011
    Still more units for your money.Why pay more?".

Could this be what we are looking for, ie. in writing?
  • n6gers
    n6gers Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    from budget energy website

Budget Energy new tariff is effective from the 25/11/2011
    Still more units for your money. Why pay more?
    comparisonTablesKeypad2.gif.aspx
  • Golden_Anemone
    Options
    Those figures suggest that after the increase Budget will be 17.29% cheaper than PowerNI and 11.42% cheaper than Airtricity.

Unless my maths is off in which case please be kind. :o
  • peacock1974
    Options
    Those figures suggest that after the increase Budget will be 17.29% cheaper than PowerNI and 11.42% cheaper than Airtricity.

Unless my maths is off in which case please be kind. :o

I agree with you on the difference between Power NI & Budget - 17.37/14.81 x 100 = 117.29 i.e. 17.29% diff).

However the difference between Airtricity & Budget would be 15.59/14.81 x 100 = 105.27 i.e. 5.27% diff).

I could be wrong.;)
  • hazelc56
    Options
    I agree with you on the difference between Power NI & Budget - 17.37/14.81 x 100 = 117.29 i.e. 17.29% diff).

However the difference between Airtricity & Budget would be 15.59/14.81 x 100 = 105.27 i.e. 5.27% diff).

I could be wrong.;)
    Its all double dutch to me:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family