Budget energy

Options

Comments

• Dunwunderin
    Options
    Signed up yesterday online. Seemed very easy.

Will let you know my experiences once I get changed over! ( about 2 weeks time?)
  • Golden_Anemone
    Options
    However the difference between Airtricity & Budget would be 15.59/14.81 x 100 = 105.27 i.e. 5.27% diff).

I could be wrong.;)

You know you're not! :cool:

My figure was the difference between PowerNI and Airtricity rather than Airtricity and Budget. The calculation was correct I was just comparing the wrong 2 companies. :o
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Just received my two powercards today in the mail,that's 12 days after the switch.
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    spike7451 wrote: »
    Just received my two powercards today in the mail,that's 12 days after the switch.
    Not a bad length of time to wait for them spike,now you can go ahead and Spend! spend! spend!.......in moderation of course.:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just switched over today to Budget, I've spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and have to say they sound like a very small outfit, not knocking them or anything but at 14p per meter I wonder can they up against the big boys and well no one really knows about them.
  • hazelc56
    hazelc56 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Options
    Just switched over today to Budget, I've spoke to them on the phone a couple of times and have to say they sound like a very small outfit, not knocking them or anything but at 14p per meter I wonder can they up against the big boys and well no one really knows about them.
    NIGUY I have been switched to budget for about 6/7 weeks.Have had no trouble with them.Admittedly they do seem to be a small company but dont seem to be as greedy as some others which i suppose would perhaps make people a bit suspicious.However as switching is new to NI they and we have to start somewhere.Besides that, they dont hold us to any contract so we can leave when we want if we dont get the service we like.This is what i am baseing my faith on them with.I would imagine that this company will and is growing everyday.Maybe their lack of advertising on telly saves them money so that the customers can benefit.
    Just my thoughts on it.
  • Dannyboyni
    Options
    I am a keypad customer with NI energy on Economy 7. Do Budget offer a keypad Economy 7 tariff, I dont see any on their website.

It wouldnt be worth my while switching if they dont offer Economy 7 prices.
  • hazelc56
    Options
    Dannyboyni wrote: »
    I am a keypad customer with NI energy on Economy 7. Do Budget offer a keypad Economy 7 tariff, I dont see any on their website.

It wouldnt be worth my while switching if they dont offer Economy 7 prices.
    Danny not sure either about the economy 7.If you feel like ringing budget energy here is their number. Freephone 0800 012 11 77.
  • Dannyboyni
    Options
    I emailed Budget and got a response on Economy 7 prices, they are as follows:

Bill Pay
    Standing Charge (pence per day) – 12.24
    Day (pence per unit) – 16.50
    Night / Heating (pence per unit) – 6.97

Keypad
    Standing Charge (pence per day) – 12.50
    Day (pence per unit) – 16.742
    Night / Heating (pence per unit) – 7.08

Why is Keypad so much more expensive than Bill Pay?
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe paypoint or whoever it is that tops up the cards takes a cut of the amount you put on the card and budget energy is recouping this?
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family