KKO Mobile charges ???

Options

Comments

• Makkari
    Options
    Having talked to THREE, as an organisation it denies getting a cut of the £4.50s being deducted.

I have served them notice that the abbove is a load of tosh, and if KKO-Mobile/MyDoo do not respond to my demand for a refund and compensation and ignopre a small claims court claim, I will serve THREE instead.

Will keep you all posted.

Will

PS Have written to Rip Off Britan and Watchdog, and copied in Phoine Pay Plus too.
  • Makkari
    Options
    All,

A copy of my email to KKO.

REFUND ALL THE CHARGES AGAINST THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBER OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT ACTION WILL FOLLOW

You have been deducting £4.50 per week since 8 November 2011 for a service that I have never signed up to. I have used your auto cancel option on your phone line; now I demand that you refund every payment made against 07909883601.

I have no interest in your service - I am a 48 year old man and have no need for fee paying games, wallpapers or music from you.

I did not sign up for your service, a process which I am led to believe involves going through three clicks confirming the subscription.

I did not receive a confirmatory SMS. I did not receive a confirmatory email. Had I, I would have cancelled.

You have now deducted a total of £58.50 from my mobile account, which must be refunded in full. In addition, you must refund my phone call of this morning to cancel, and the 18 minute (approx) call made in a vain attempt to discuss how this happened. 20 minutes (approx) in total @ 10p a minute = £2.00. You will also add an ex gratia payment not exceeding £20 to cover the unauthorized billing to my mobile phone account. This means you must send me a cheque for not more than £80.50 within the next 7 days, or legal action with follow in the small claims section of the county court. This will obviosuly involve more cost to your company, as you will end up refunding my solicitor's fees and paying formal compensation, and suffer the resultant adverse publicity.

You have been given formal notice - you have seven days.

KKO's response:

Thank you for your mail,
    Unfortunately you were effected of the Welcome SMS problem we had prior to Christmas.
    Whilst the subscription was indeed generated by a click on a banner, confirm click on a landing page and confirm click on the PayForIT billing page, you should then have received an SMS confirming his subscription. As this welcome was not sent we are willing to offer a full refund of £58.50 and a courtesy refund of £25 for the inconvenience caused.
    To do the refund, we need full name and address.
    Kind regards,

OK, this still does not address the fact that I never clicked on any of their banners, the only viable explanation being that I miraculously achieved 3 confirmatory clicks by my bum.

I have accepted the offer of refund and compensation, but have said nothing about not passing on how I achieved it...

Good luck to others.

Mak
  • lilyrosern
    Options
    it was only tonight that i realized that i too was a victim of this scam. i am now in panic, i have texted stop to it but is worried that it may go on.
    i have emailed the chief executive too and hopefully will get result from this. it is weird that most of us are subscribed to three network.

good luck to all of us.

alexbh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I too have been scammed by these idiots at KKO Mobile. I noticed charges of £4.71 on my bill at the weekend and i have an all inclusive 'One Plan' with 3 UK so i knew something was up. Luckily i noticed it as soon as they started trying to make these charges. I spoke to a 3 customer services call centre and discovered the charges were set up by KKO Mobile and they were going to take £4.50 per week from me. It is simply outrageous as i have never requested or have had any interest whatsoever in receiving what appears to be a tacky amateur downloads service which appears to be designed and set up to rip people off. I reported to the the customer services department at 3 but they would not refund the £4.71 to my account even though i have never requested this service or received any texts to suggest or anything else from this company ever. I was then advised to contact KKO Mobile and ask them to cancel the services, why should i have to cancel a service i have never requested? Anyway they said they would cancel the service but refused to refund the £4.71. I do not trust this company whatsoever, just by putting their name into Google it is clear to see they are fraudsters and are stealing from people. I have asked for 3 to put a block on my account so that no further charges can be taken from these thieves! I suggest any other customers having the same problem should also put blocks on their accounts whilst they are being investigated. I am also taking up the complaint with the 3 UK Chief Executive Office, i suggest that any other people who have been hit by these scammers, who are on the 3 network, also contact the chief executive at 3 UK so we can all bring a quick end to companies like this ripping loyal customers off. The 3 UK's chief executive is David Dyson and his email address is: [EMAIL="david.dyson@three.co.uk"]david.dyson@three.co.uk[/EMAIL]. Hopefully we can all put an end to this ASAP!

Thanks

ABH
  • lilyrosern
    Options
    Hi!

I am happy for you and may will the same (hope i get the same response).
    I also believe that Three should be liable to this as well, it is not fair that they just debit us without our consent.

Regards.

Makkari wrote: »
    All,

A copy of my email to KKO.

REFUND ALL THE CHARGES AGAINST THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBER OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT ACTION WILL FOLLOW

You have been deducting £4.50 per week since 8 November 2011 for a service that I have never signed up to. I have used your auto cancel option on your phone line; now I demand that you refund every payment made against 07909883601.

I have no interest in your service - I am a 48 year old man and have no need for fee paying games, wallpapers or music from you.

I did not sign up for your service, a process which I am led to believe involves going through three clicks confirming the subscription.

I did not receive a confirmatory SMS. I did not receive a confirmatory email. Had I, I would have cancelled.

You have now deducted a total of £58.50 from my mobile account, which must be refunded in full. In addition, you must refund my phone call of this morning to cancel, and the 18 minute (approx) call made in a vain attempt to discuss how this happened. 20 minutes (approx) in total @ 10p a minute = £2.00. You will also add an ex gratia payment not exceeding £20 to cover the unauthorized billing to my mobile phone account. This means you must send me a cheque for not more than £80.50 within the next 7 days, or legal action with follow in the small claims section of the county court. This will obviosuly involve more cost to your company, as you will end up refunding my solicitor's fees and paying formal compensation, and suffer the resultant adverse publicity.

You have been given formal notice - you have seven days.

KKO's response:

Thank you for your mail,
    Unfortunately you were effected of the Welcome SMS problem we had prior to Christmas.
    Whilst the subscription was indeed generated by a click on a banner, confirm click on a landing page and confirm click on the PayForIT billing page, you should then have received an SMS confirming his subscription. As this welcome was not sent we are willing to offer a full refund of £58.50 and a courtesy refund of £25 for the inconvenience caused.
    To do the refund, we need full name and address.
    Kind regards,

OK, this still does not address the fact that I never clicked on any of their banners, the only viable explanation being that I miraculously achieved 3 confirmatory clicks by my bum.

I have accepted the offer of refund and compensation, but have said nothing about not passing on how I achieved it...

Good luck to others.

Mak
  • lilyrosern
    Options
    By the way, at which address did you send this letter to?

Thanks.
  • rkkm
    rkkm Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too have just found out that KKO have charged me £9 on my last bill. I will be writing to them to refund the money.
    I called Three and they were no help at all.

How are they allowed to get away this? :mad:
  • AMUK786
    AMUK786 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 February 2012 at 4:45PM
    Options
    rkkm wrote: »
    I too have just found out that KKO have charged me £9 on my last bill. I will be writing to them to refund the money.
    I called Three and they were no help at all.

How are they allowed to get away this? :mad:

^^Because there is no regulation!^^

I approached this at three angles

1.Three
    2.Phonepayplus
    3.KKOMobile
    Take as many calls as you need (make sure they note you called on your account) to three to Get all the technical information you can from three including what time the actual charge was made, when they think you were on the internet (it needs an internet connection) what site hey think you visited, what they think you clicked on, what they think you downloaded. Get them o do a conference call with KKO support - they listen in to this as well - stay on the phone after your conversation finishes with KKO and speak to three to get their opinion.
    Then email the Executive.Office@three.co.uk to complain about a fraudlent charge on your account. I got a call back from someone who works in the executive office who is investigating these charges and wanted further info - was actually pleased to finally speak to someone who was aware of the situation. He agreed as a gesture of goodwill to reimburse the KKO charge for the number of times i contacted them and asked them to do a conference call with KKO support. I questioned KKO support to verify what time, when and what i supposedly downloaded - they couldn't give any specific details.

SEE EMAIL TRAIL:
    Dear XXXXXXXX

Case reference: XXXXXXXXX

Thanks for your email letting us know about your concerns.

We’re looking into this for you and will get in touch as soon as we can to discuss it further.

In the meantime, if we can help with anything else call us on 08433 733 330, (5p/min from a BT landline, other networks may vary). Our office hours are 9am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. When calling, please make sure you have your case reference number handy.

Thank you again

Keri King

Executive Office Administrator

Telephone: (+44) 08433 733 330

Email: executive.office@three.co.uk

https://www.three.co.uk

Sent: 01 December 2011 13:37
    To: support@kkomobile.co.uk
    Cc: Executive Office; Kevin Russell
    Subject: Fraudulent Charge: 29 11 201

Mobile No: 07XXXXXXXX
    Date in question: XXXXXX

I have been charged £4.50 on my three account however I did not sign to any kkomobile service. Your customer service could not verify the details of this charge and the alleged time of 18:57:42 that the subscription took place is a lie because Three Mobile Network have confirmed that my last data usage was at 15.51pm. I have never signed up to a mobile service since I have had a phone and on the Three network in the last seven years.

I would like the £4.50 to be refunded back to my account as you have no right to charge me for this.

Your company have been highlighted in this forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3388114 and I will ensure that you are investigated.

2.Phonepayplus
    Are supposed to regulate this area of the mobile network charges from third party. put in a formal complaint on their website http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/ to the support team: see email repsonse to the formal complaint below:
    Dear Mr XXXXXX

Re: Your complaint to PhonepayPlus

Thank you for your complaint received on 06 December 2011.

PhonepayPlus is the organisation that regulates phone-paid services – the goods and services that you can buy by charging the cost to your phone bills and mobile pre-pay accounts. These include services operating on numbers beginning with the digits 09, mobile phone services accessed via a five or six-digit short code, and directory enquiry services. Our aim is to minimise consumer harm by ensuring that the companies responsible for providing these services abide by the PhonepayPlus Code of Practice.

We are very grateful for alerting us to your concerns about the shortcode [61973]. The shortcode is used as a STOP code for a service run by KKO Mobile. KKO Mobile services are transacted for via Payforit, which means your mobile network operator have visibility of the transaction. See https://www.payforit.com for more information of the transaction platform. Payforit transactions are cleared by your Mobile Network Operator (MNO), hence verification and authentication can be done via them (your MNO)

In the meantime, we would strongly recommend you contacting the company responsible for the shortcode directly. They will be able to tell you how your number was obtained and how you came to receive these messages.

KKO Mobile

If you have any further queries or information regarding your complaint please contact our helpline on 0800 500 212, between 9 am and 5 pm weekdays.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Nwanze

3.KKO MOBILE
    You will have to be quite direct and get them to verify all the technical details i.e. what site, what downlaod, when, what time - see email below:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You refund is being processed. We inform you it can take up to one month to receive it.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer Services

KKO Mobile

On XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXX <XXXXXX> wrote:

Hi,

I still have not received a refund when will this be sent to me?

> Date: XXXXXXX
    > Subject: Re: FW: FW: FW: for refund and technical dep
    > From: support@kkomobile.co.uk
    > To: XXXXXXXX

>
    > Dear Sir,
    >
    > Thank you for your e-mail.
    >
    > You refund is now being processed.
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Customer Services
    > KKO Mobile
    >
    > On XXXXXX, XXXXXXXX wrote:
    > > Hi lucas,
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I have supplied my address details however have not received a refund –
    > > please can you confirm this is on its way.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > _____
    > >
    > > From: support kkomobile.co.uk [mailto:support@kkomobile.co.uk]
    > > Sent: XXXXXX
    > > To: XXXXXXXX
    > > Subject: Re: FW: FW: for refund and tecnical dep
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > <mailto:support@kkomobile.co.uk>
    > >
    > > Dear Customer,
    > >
    > >
    > > Our Technical Dept is currently working on your case and we are trying to
    > > understand what happened.
    > > Meanwhile as a gesture of good will we would like to offer to you the full
    > > refund of the charges made.
    > > In order to process it please provide us your home address where the cheque
    > > will be sent shortly.
    > >
    > > Kind Regards,
    > > Lucas
    > > KKO Mobile
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > _____
    > >
    > >
    > > From: XXXXXXX
    > > To: support@kkomobile.co.uk
    > > CC: executive.office@three.co.uk; kevin.russell@three.co.uk
    > > Subject: Fraudulent Charge: XXXXXX
    > > Date: XXXXXXXXX
    > >
    > > Mobile No:XXXXXXXXX
    > >
    > > Date in question: XXXXXXXX
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I have been charged £4.50 on my three account however I did not sign to any
    > > kkomobile service. Your customer service could not verify the details of
    > > this charge and the alleged time of 18:57:42 that the subscription took
    > > place is a lie because Three Mobile Network have confirmed that my last data
    > > usage was at 15.51pm. I have never signed up to a mobile service since I
    > > have had a phone and on the Three network in the last seven years.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I would like the £4.50 to be refunded back to my account as you have no
    > > right to charge me for this.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Your company have been highlighted in this forum
    > > http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3388114 and I will
    > > ensure that you are investigated.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > XXXXXXX
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > _____
    > >
    > >
    > > Date: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > > Subject: for refund and tecnical dep
    > > From: support@kkomobile.co.uk
    > > To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > KKO Mobile Customer Service
    > >
    > > <mailto:support@kkomobile.co.uk> support@kkomobile.co.uk
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > ______________________________________________________________________
    > > This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
    > > For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > _____
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > **
    > *KKO Mobile Customer Service*

--

Kind regards,

KKO Mobile Customer Service

BE PERSISTENT, GOT MY CHEQUE 4 WEEKS LATER AND CASHED IT, WAS WORRIED ABOUT BOUNCING BUT WENT THROUGH OK.
  • Makkari
    Options
    Apologies for silence folks, have been away for a fortnight and just catching up.

Further update.

I also fired off at THREE, who also gave me a refund for the full amounts deducted. Having been offered compensation and refund by KKO, I have written to THREE advising them that as KKO has settled, I now have no claim against them and they should retract the credit to my account.

They sidestepped all questions surrounding why they allow this to go on, perpetutate the myth that THREE does not get a cut (I was accused of bullying a frontline member for refusing to accept that THREE gets no cut of each £4.50, and kept asking to speak to whoever wrote her script), and continue to maintain its innocence. Strange that they offered a full refund then....

@lilyrosern support at kko mobile dot co dot uk and the response from THREE came from customer_complaints @ 3mail.com (Can't use links as I am a new user)

Oh, and as I speak, my wife has handed me a cheque from KKO for £83.00, from Enarpee Services Limited - a name I had not seen in this context before. I will pay in asap.

Keep pressing, people - these fights can be won - at least until the parent company goes 'bust'.

:money:
  • wantmemoney
    Options
    Makkari wrote:
    my wife has handed me a cheque from KKO for £83.00, from Enarpee Services Limited
    who the hell is Enarpee
  • hearmeplease
    Options
    Hi All,
    My wife has recently had this scam on her mobile and it has been running unbeknown to her for the best part of two months. She has accrued £30 worth of charges from kko mobile through the three network.

We have now replied to the original text message saying "text STOP to end subscription" but I am a little outraged by the amount of people that have been ripped off by this already. With all the mitigation flying around about PPI claims and mis-sold loans etc. I am very surprised that there is no fundamental complaint procedure in place to get money back for mis-sold useless banner charges on free apps for android.

I am struggling to find the correct way to deal with this and I am seeing that people are recieving mixed responses and different treatment.

Could anyone advise:
    *Especially Martin Lewis:money:
    On the legalities of this service provision and just how they are getting away with it.

I think between all of us we can come up with a template challenge that will set the record straight for all victims of this scam to preserve their rights, and stop this from happening in the future.

Please please please help me take a stand and stop this scam before more innocent mobile users are unsuspectingly preyed upon by this company.

Please reply if you have had any success so we can assess the most successful course of action.

Hear Me Please
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport