KKO Mobile charges ???

Options

Comments

• yorkie2703
    Options
    Hi
    I have just noticed that I have been paying £4.50 for this subscription that I have never been notified of so far they have taken £36 sine October. I contact 3 who say they can not do anything about it. I contacted KKO who advised I needed to email my problem which I have done, just awaiting now for there reply.

In the mean time I have read the posts on here and have sent an email to BBC watchdog to see if they can look into this.

Hopefully I will get a full refund :(
  • Ryanjames_2
    Options
    Hi,

I also got the text message today stating that I'm currently subscribed to this scam and I will be debited £4.50 per week.

My question is how can they debit me, as I'm on pay as you go?

Is it even possible for them to do it of they wanted?

Thanks
  • abirow
    Options
    I too have been hit by the same company to the tune of £120! I followed the advice on these boards and have written several emails to KKO mildly threatening legal action etc. I have received an email today basically saying it's my own fault, but as a gesture of goodwill they will refund half the money. To do that they need my account details! Don't feel at all happy with giving them any further information about myself, so just wondering if anyone else has had this and did you give them your info or did you ask for payment to be made by cheque?

I think I will also persist and try and get the full refund - whether or not it actually arrives is another matter of course!
  • janehogg
    Options
    abirow wrote: »
    I too have been hit by the same company to the tune of £120! I followed the advice on these boards and have written several emails to KKO mildly threatening legal action etc. I have received an email today basically saying it's my own fault, but as a gesture of goodwill they will refund half the money. To do that they need my account details! Don't feel at all happy with giving them any further information about myself, so just wondering if anyone else has had this and did you give them your info or did you ask for payment to be made by cheque?

I think I will also persist and try and get the full refund - whether or not it actually arrives is another matter of course!

I have just had a phonecall from 3 - think they got fed up with me emailing their executives!! - They are offering a £25 compensation - even though they say its nothing to do with them. I have accepted this but told them that I am still pursuing a full refund. Lets see what happens now
  • Eoan
    Eoan Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have had the same issue with this company through my network "Three". I have contacted both "Three" and "Cellfish/PayForIt/KKOMobile/MyDoo" and have an ongoing discussion.

I have reported the issue to both OfCom and the Premiumr Rate Plus regulator http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

I'll let you know the outcome.

I suggest any other people who feel they haven't subscribed to this service also contact http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk
  • BigD86
    Options
    I suggest that every person on this forum writes to the BBC Watchdog in this way all these people and other people in the future might not be disturbed. My girlfriend was recently hit by this scam too and she didn't click on any banner or subscribe in any way.

Her mobile network three, said they can only block the payments, but in order to receive a refund she must speak to KKO. So she called them and they asked her to write an email. We will try this method, but I still think the BBC watchdog should be warned and the more people who write about this problem the more chance there is of them being closed down.
  • NMDiwan
    Options
    Hi,

I also got the text message yesterday stating that I'm currently subscribed to kkomobile and I will be debited £4.50 per week.

Called 3 customer service, but they are no help told me they cant do anything i'd have to speak to kkomobile. I have been charged already fo £4.50 on my bill

Have tried calling them but no reply. have sent an email on [EMAIL="Supportuk@kkomobile.co.uk"]Supportuk@kkomobile.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    So let see if i get a reply
    Have also complained to phone payplus.

Now i think i'd have to wait and see what happens.
  • kamatson
    Options
    i have been charged by these fraudulents as well...i got their customer service number from 3...the customer service the lady who I spoke to was no good...refused to let me speak to the manager and said that she would hang up and told me that the only way to ask for a refund was to write an email to support@kkomobile.co.uk. I think the customer service have got used to these kinda complaints now so they are all cold hearted B*******. I am going to write to KKO and also pester and mobile provider everyday!! :)
  • wantmemoney
    wantmemoney Posts: 836 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2012 at 3:56PM
    Options
    firstly-If Tesco billed and charged you for a tin of beans you did not request or receive you would not bleeding well accept them telling you that you had to contact and request a refund from a soya bean farmer in Brazil.

secondly-Your commercial relationship is with 3UK and 3UK alone so deal with 3UK and not some criminal in France.

thirdly-It's 3UK(Payforit) that is debiting you accounts and pocketing a large share before passing the rest on to Cellfish/KKOMobile/MyDoo...absolutely no other party has access to your accounts so don't accept no crap from their brainwashed 'customer service' staff.
  • Makkari
    Options
    Well, it's quite a relief to know it isn't just me, but at the same time it's distressing to know that the whole response available seems so impotent. Time to highlight it on Rip Off Britain, maybe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure