Natwest Black Current Account

Options
12345679»

Comments

• ReflectingMark
    Options
    That is a load of rubbish.... I had the same letter....

From investigation all it means is that you are no longer worthy of a "personal contact" so you get a call centre number...

That was kind of what I suspected as when I got invited to upgrade to Ad Private, I did not meet the criteria but, had a fairly sizable amount in savings for the deposit on my house. I bought my house a short while back so, the savings are all gone now :(

I have to say that I am not really fussed one jot about whether I am worthy of Private or not but, I would have hoped that someone would have had the decency to have told me that I had to go back to an Ad Gold account instead of keeping me paying for Ad Private and getting a kind of reduced service! Perhaps that is exactly what will happen when they eventually write to tell the customers to go Black or Gold later on this month as someone posted earlier!

The free "Select" account is actually looking more appealing and hey, I can use the ~£240 annual fee that I would have paid for Ad Private to offset the hike in my energy prices :rotfl:

Mark
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    This is the conversations I had.... taken from earlier posts:-

"Well I have had an interesting conversation today.... I am disgusted, and now thinking of moving all my accounts to another bank....

for two days I have been trying to sort this card out as a replacement for the current "Private card" I already have... so here the story goes....

Having been a very happy Natwest customer for almost 25 years, I was very happy when I was offered to Private account a couple of years ago... even though my income does not meet the £100K, I was still accepted....

Having now upgraded online to the Black account,and already had my account upgraded as a replacement for my Advantage Private I thought I would apply for the card.... to get the full benefits...

The only way I managed to get a member of mt accounts team to call me was to officially complain.... 2 hours later a call!

I explained the situation... explained that I did not meet the income criteria... only to be told....

1. "Because you do not meet the income criteria it is pointless me doing the application as it will not be accepted... "

2. "Not sure how you managed to get the Black account accepted...."

3. "Just hold the line whilst I see what we can do with your account, I cannot downgrade you as the Advantage Private no longer exists... "

4. "As you were offered the Advantage Private we will let you keep the Black account...."

5. "Is that OK"

My reply was No! i will consider moving my accounts to another bank...

All I got was sorry if you feel like that!

So, loyalty means nothing.... Natwest could not care less if I am a happy customer, or if they have my Current, Savings, ISA, and Business account.....

I have already called Lloyds bank to discuss changing all my accounts over...

It appears that income does matter when applying for this card.... That is if you can find somebody that knows there products....

I would just like to thank you all for you help so far, and I will reply to your PM to get a form... but I do not hold much hope....

I am still "gobsmaked" that Natwest have treated me like this... they offered me the account, they accepted the upgrade, now they treat me like it is an honor that they will let me keep it....

Stuart
    "

"Speak to a PBM.... Thats a joke!..... I have been trying for 2 days and 6 calls to do that!

I am not set on a paper application, OR speaking to a "Call centre" THAT is the only options I have.....

That was another thing I was told.... " Because you do not meet the income criteria you have to call us at Private Banking 24/7 and a member of the team will deal with it!"

When I replied that I always used to have a PBM who kept in touch, gave excellent service, and look after me as a CUSTOMER all I got was " Yes, but now you do not meet the criteria you speak to us"

Anyway thanks for all your help.... but from the conversations I have had with Natwest, it seems I am not worthy of the Black account... It was a mistake that they let me have the Advantage Private, and allow the upgrade to go through, and I must feel honored they are letting me keep it! plus the last person I spoke to could not give a toss if I stay as a customer or not.....

Well the more I think about it the more I am sure it is time for a change... Natwest can "stuff" there accounts and loose all my business... in total 5 accounts....

Will think about the future over the weekend
    ."
  • Chobham_Eagle
    Options
    Can anyone tell me whether I can find online detailed stuff about the Black account such as the excess on the phone insurance policy, the details of the breakdown cover, which airport lounges can be used etc etc.

Thanks
  • pacontracting
    Options
    Go to the Natwest Black site on the Natwest site. Under Rates and Important Info, there is a key facts document about the insurance.

Black accounts are only for people who earn over 100K or have more than 50K savings.

Is it worth it? If you travel a lot, then I would say yes. I've used the Green Flag home start, the home emergency ( leaky radiator), the Priority Pass airport access, Tavel insurance ( but not to claim) and the concierge. For me, having these in all one place makes it worth your while.

If you don't travel much and have squirrelled your cash away to meet the criteria, it may not be worth it for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure