Options

Comments

• JacksterD
    JacksterD Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    Still no pictures of this new debit card? :o
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    I am really.... really..... really confused...... and annoyed now!

As you know, my account was upgraded earlier this week to the Black account... I tried to find out if I would automatically get issued with the new Private Black Credit Card or I needed to apply for it now my account has been upgraded... ... Now the confusion......

The first person I spoke to on the telephone said "YES! it comes with the account and will be issued automatically!"... not really convinced I called back, to be told this time that it is not automatic, we will get your account manager to call you to sort this.... that was at 12 midday yesterday..... after 5 telephone calls, and conflicting stories, still no telephone call back....... I am still non the wiser!

I have just called again to be told..... That I do need to apply, but there are very strict income related conditions attached to the Black card... the lady I spoke to was talking about the Black card that is no longer offered! All I got was these accounts are new and "Oh yes that Black card!..... I suggest Natwest get some of there staff to learn there products before advising customers as it seems most I have spoken too have no idea there is a "NEW" Black Card.... NOT the £250.00 a year Black card... which most still seem to think I am talking about...

....As I am very annoyed, still not 100% sure if or how I get this card.... and ready to write to complain...... as well as change all my accounts, private and business to another bank....

The conversation ended with here saying that it is part of the account and I will get sent one!

So.... can anyone on here that works for Natwest confirm what is correct or not? If I need to apply for it tell me how? tell me who I can talk to to get a sensible answer? (no disrespect to the posters in this thread ;)) or if you PM me send me a form to complete myself....

Thanks for all the advise so far.

Stuart
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    So.... can anyone on here that works for Natwest confirm what is correct or not? If I need to apply for it tell me how? tell me who I can talk to to get a sensible answer? (no disrespect to the posters in this thread ;)) or if you PM me send me a form to complete.

I talked to the private manager in my branch today and they said that the (new) black credit card is not automatically issued and you do need to apply. When you do so it should cancel any existing private credit/charge cards that you have, leaving you with the one black credit card. They didn't think that you could apply online.

I'll PM you and then post you a form, if you like.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 July 2011 at 7:34PM
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    I talked to the private manager in my branch today and they said that the (new) black credit card is not automatically issued and you do need to apply. When you do so it should cancel any existing private credit/charge cards that you have, leaving you with the one black credit card. They didn't think that you could apply online.

Sorry but this is totally incorrect. I have processed a number of these in the past week so hopefully can share my experience.

a) it is optional
    b) it will NOT replace your existing cards unless you request a balance transfer and close down the old card after the transfer.
    c) the "3 charge/credit cards only" rule applies (You cannot hold more than 3 cards with Natwest at any one time)
    d) the old Black Card DID have an income/asset criteria - this one does not.
    e) the customer CAN keep their existing charge card but they must remember to get a prorata refund from their chargecard. This is because the £24 fee will start to debit the current account, and as such may have already paid for the rest of the year for the old Ad Private.
    f) it is exactly like a normal credit card and so should be treated like one. ie you may be declined, and there is no minimum credit limit like the old Black Card.

However some communication has recently been sent to us to say that if you already have an old Black Card, your PBM can "appeal" to "match" it's existing features should your new Private Black Card get declined.

stuarttunstall, as mentioned, please try and call your own private banking manager or your manager's assistant.

If you need anything else, please feel free to ask.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Twister84 wrote: »
    Sorry but this is totally incorrect. I have processed a number of these in the past week so hopefully can share my experience.

a) it is optional
    b) it will NOT replace your existing cards unless you request a balance transfer and close down the old card after the transfer.
    c) the "3 charge/credit cards only" rule applies (You cannot hold more than 3 cards with Natwest at any one time)
    e) the customer CAN keep their existing charge card but they must remember to get a prorata refund from their chargecard. This is because the £24 fee will start to debit the current account, and as such may have already paid for the rest of the year for the old Ad Private.
    f) it is exactly like a normal credit card and so should be treated like one. ie you may be declined, and there is no minimum credit limit like the old Black Card.

However some communication has recently been sent to us to say that if you already have an old Black Card, your PBM can "appeal" to "match" it's existing features should your new Private Black Card get declined.

stuarttunstall, as mentioned, please try and call your own private banking manager or your manager's assistant.

Well I have had an interesting conversation today.... I am disgusted, and now thinking of moving all my accounts to another bank....

for two days I have been trying to sort this card out as a replacement for the current "Private card" I already have... so here the story goes....

Having been a very happy Natwest customer for almost 25 years, I was very happy when I was offered to Private account a couple of years ago... even though my income does not meet the £100K, I was still accepted....

Having now upgraded online to the Black account,and already had my account upgraded as a replacement for my Advantage Private I thought I would apply for the card.... to get the full benefits...

The only way I managed to get a member of mt accounts team to call me was to officially complain.... 2 hours later a call!

I explained the situation... explained that I did not meet the income criteria... only to be told....

1. "Because you do not meet the income criteria it is pointless me doing the application as it will not be accepted... "

2. "Not sure how you managed to get the Black account accepted...."

3. "Just hold the line whilst I see what we can do with your account, I cannot downgrade you as the Advantage Private no longer exists... "

4. "As you were offered the Advantage Private we will let you keep the Black account...."

5. "Is that OK"

My reply was No! i will consider moving my accounts to another bank...

All I got was sorry if you feel like that!

So, loyalty means nothing.... Natwest could not care less if I am a happy customer, or if they have my Current, Savings, ISA, and Business account.....

I have already called Lloyds bank to discuss changing all my accounts over...

It appears that income does matter when applying for this card.... That is if you can find somebody that knows there products....

I would just like to thank you all for you help so far, and I will reply to your PM to get a form... but I do not hold much hope....

I am still "gobsmaked" that Natwest have treated me like this... they offered me the account, they accepted the upgrade, now they treat me like it is an honor that they will let me keep it....

Stuart
  • Twister84
    Options
    Stuart,

Find out who your PBM is and ring up! Honestly, they will have more knowledge of the products.

The only criteria is that you need to have a Black Account - which you have.
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options

a) it is optional

Apolgies, just going by what I was told by a PBM. Will stop trying to help now. Form will be in post as promised still.
  • Twister84
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    Apolgies, just going by what I was told by a PBM. Will stop trying to help now. Form will be in post as promised still.

No need to apologize madgagoo.

I have already told Stuart what I know, yet he still insists on ringing a centre & doing a paper based application.

If it declines...then we will be back at square one. :wall:
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 July 2011 at 11:55PM
    Options
    No need to apologize madgagoo.

I have already told Stuart what I know, yet he still insists on ringing a centre & doing a paper based application.

If it declines...then we will be back at square one. :wall:

Can I have one of these accounts? lol
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • Twister84
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    Can I have one of these accounts? lol

Computer says no :rotfl: