Natwest Black Current Account

Options

Comments

• MattLondon
    MattLondon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying.

So, todays the 3rd day, with no email / calls or letters from NW about my weekend upgrade to Black A/c

My online banking still has the account showing ADV Gold in the description of the account area; any idea how long this should take? :eek:
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Tonight, I have just completed the upgrade process online to change my current Advantage Private account to the new Black account.... It seems as though this was accepted online, so.

Will I now....

Receive the "Welcome Pack" as mentioned in this thread?

Automatically receive the new Black debit card to replace my current "Blue" Private card?

I am I also correct in thinking that although my current card is a £250 cheque guarantee card, the new one will not be?

Will I need to upgrade my current Private Visa card (credit card) to the new "Black credit card?

Stuart
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    Receive the "Welcome Pack" as mentioned in this thread?

Yep
    Automatically receive the new Black debit card to replace my current "Blue" Private card?

Nope, you'll need to ask for a new card, otherwise your card will stay the same until it expires.
    I am I also correct in thinking that although my current card is a £250 cheque guarantee card, the new one will not be?

Yep, cheque guarantee does not exist anymore.
    Will I need to upgrade my current Private Visa card (credit card) to the new "Black credit card?

Not 100% sure on this one. I expect that it is a case of 'if you want to'.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 July 2011 at 9:16PM
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint but I think the new Black Account debit card may be Blue afterall!

Unclear images are to blame... :P

And yeah, you don't have to have the new Private Black credit card - you do however get better "YourPoints" points with it.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Do you have an image you can post? I already have the current Private Account debit card, I thought the black would be different..
  • Twister84
    Options
    Not to hand sorry...will try and get one, although it'll be Monday/Tuesday now.
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Thats no problem...

Just a quick question as you work for Natwest Private... I upgraded on Thursday night using the online banking login etc... What happens next? do they just upgrade my account, or do I need to do anything else now?

Stuart
  • Twister84
    edited 23 July 2011 at 4:13PM
    Options
    To be quite honest, it seems it's not as straightforward as applying for an overdraft online. I personally do not deal with applications that have been processed on the internet - the ones we deal with have been started off in branch or over the phone by the PBM or PBM's assistant.

Not sure if MattLondon has managed to get his upgrade applied, but I have said on numerous occasions that it is much, much quicker to see a Private Banking Manager in a branch. They can also give you access to rates which can't be done by branch staff.

It seems as though you don't need to do anything for now...but if they need anything else, you will receive this in writing.
  • MattLondon
    MattLondon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    "Not sure if MattLondon has managed to get his upgrade applied, but I have said on numerous occasions that it is much, much quicker to see a Private Banking Manager in a branch"

- No, I haven't had any information from Natwest at all. The online account still shows as ADV Gold. I would've expected a call or letter by now to be fair. I don't know if it's lost in the ether or if it's still being processed.:(

Let us know if you have any contact beit mail or telephone and I'll do the same so that a) you can be sure how long it takes, and b) I can work out if you get upgraded first, then I need to make a call to the PBM as it would appear my application is lost or on his desk..
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    MattLondon wrote: »
    "Not sure if MattLondon has managed to get his upgrade applied, but I have said on numerous occasions that it is much, much quicker to see a Private Banking Manager in a branch"

- No, I haven't had any information from Natwest at all. The online account still shows as ADV Gold. I would've expected a call or letter by now to be fair. I don't know if it's lost in the ether or if it's still being processed.:(

Let us know if you have any contact beit mail or telephone and I'll do the same so that a) you can be sure how long it takes, and b) I can work out if you get upgraded first, then I need to make a call to the PBM as it would appear my application is lost or on his desk..

OK.... I have had no contact since doing the upgrade from my Advantage Private to Black online on Thursday.... BUT...

I have just checked online now, and my account type show's as "Black account" so mine seems to have been done.... So I think your application has been lost :(

I did call the Private banking centre regarding the new Black credit card, I was told that this is linked to the account, and I would automatically be sent one ... not sure how true this is....

Stu
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport