Natwest Black Current Account

Options

Comments

• stuarttunstall
    stuarttunstall Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 29 July 2011 at 6:46AM
    Options
    Speak to a PBM.... Thats a joke!..... I have been trying for 2 days and 6 calls to do that!

I am not set on a paper application, OR speaking to a "Call centre" THAT is the only options I have.....

That was another thing I was told.... " Because you do not meet the income criteria you have to call us at Private Banking 24/7 and a member of the team will deal with it!"

When I replied that I always used to have a PBM who kept in touch, gave excellent service, and look after me as a CUSTOMER all I got was " Yes, but now you do not meet the criteria you speak to us"

Anyway thanks for all your help.... but from the conversations I have had with Natwest, it seems I am not worthy of the Black account... It was a mistake that they let me have the Advantage Private, and allow the upgrade to go through, and I must feel honored they are letting me keep it! plus the last person I spoke to could not give a toss if I stay as a customer or not.....

Well the more I think about it the more I am sure it is time for a change... Natwest can "stuff" there accounts and loose all my business... in total 5 accounts....

Will think about the future over the weekend....

Stuart
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    Apolgies, just going by what I was told by a PBM. Will stop trying to help now. Form will be in post as promised still.

Thank you for that, I look forward to receiving it and looking at my options.

Stuart
  • tashford2002
    Options
    Currently I have a Natwest Advatage Private current account. I know there is a new current account with natwest, the Black Current account.

I just wanted to know will my Advatage Private current account automatically get transfered to a Black account in the future if I just leave it as it is. Will all Advatage Private current accounts get changed to a black account.

Thank You
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Currently I have a Natwest Advatage Private current account. I know there is a new current account with natwest, the Black Current account.

I just wanted to know will my Advatage Private current account automatically get transfered to a Black account in the future if I just leave it as it is. Will all Advatage Private current accounts get changed to a black account.

Thank You

You will be getting the option to convert your account soon.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • pacontracting
    Options
    Does anyone know what is going to happen to the old Natwest Black credit card now it's no longer for sale? I have one of these but don't want a Natwest current account (which appears to be a pre-req for a Private Black Credit Card). Hopefully it's just 'carry on as normal'.
  • lacosteross
    Options
    Having always been a RBS Private Client i was recently advised to upgrade to the RBS Black Account as it came with benefits such as travel insurance etc etc... However since then my previous Private Debit Card had expired and they have sent me a Navy Blue with RBS | Private in top left and the Visa logo top right in metallic silver and a dusting of silver all over the card, but i do not have a "Black Debit Card" does this mean i do not have a Black Account??
  • Twister84
    Options
    Does anyone know what is going to happen to the old Natwest Black credit card now it's no longer for sale? I have one of these but don't want a Natwest current account (which appears to be a pre-req for a Private Black Credit Card). Hopefully it's just 'carry on as normal'.

Yep, carry on using it as normal.
  • Twister84
    Options
    Having always been a RBS Private Client i was recently advised to upgrade to the RBS Black Account as it came with benefits such as travel insurance etc etc... However since then my previous Private Debit Card had expired and they have sent me a Navy Blue with RBS | Private in top left and the Visa logo top right in metallic silver and a dusting of silver all over the card, but i do not have a "Black Debit Card" does this mean i do not have a Black Account??

The debit card for the Black account, may not be black after all, but yes, you would only get that type of card if you were on the Black account.

The one you have received is the standard Private debit card. I take it the old one you had was cream with the blue ribbon thing?
  • ReflectingMark
    Options
    Does anyone else out there with one of these accounts actually feel slightly miffed at all the recent changes?

I had Ad Gold account for ages and then upgraded to an Ad Private account. The price has gone up several times within that period and I note the new Black account includes yet another price increase. I probably wouldn't mind so much (everything gets dearer over time) but, I used to have a brilliant Relationship Manager who was really helpful and was worth to account price alone. Sadly, I recently got a letter telling me that she had been promoted and my new Relationship Manager is a 0845 call centre in Bradford.!
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    That is a load of rubbish.... I had the same letter....

From investigation all it means is that you are no longer worthy of a "personal contact" so you get a call centre number... Took me two and a half days to speak to someone who knew what I was talking about, but only after an official complaint! I was then spoken to like dirt.....

I know you get a better service in branch, but when you work from 7am until 6pm 6 days a week that is an impossible task....

Funny... all my accounts are now in the process of moving to Lloyds TSB!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure