Natwest Black Current Account

Options

Comments

• Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK.... I have had no contact since doing the upgrade from my Advantage Private to Black online on Thursday.... BUT...

I have just checked online now, and my account type show's as "Black account" so mine seems to have been done.... So I think your application has been lost :(

I did call the Private banking centre regarding the new Black credit card, I was told that this is linked to the account, and I would automatically be sent one ... not sure how true this is....

Stu

That's good news.

AFAIK the online application when you did your upgrade should have asked you if you wanted to apply for the credit card aswell.

It certainly is not automatic. Also it is called "Private Black" rather than "Black" credit card - the Black credit is an old product which is not sold anymore.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Twister84 wrote: »
    That's good news.

AFAIK the online application when you did your upgrade should have asked you if you wanted to apply for the credit card aswell.

It certainly is not automatic. Also it is called "Private Black" rather than "Black" credit card - the Black credit is an old product which is not sold anymore.

When I did my online upgrade it never asked.... just confirmed my details then said it was accepted....
  • Twister84
    Options
    Ok - well it's not automatic anyway - it's just like a normal credit card which you need to be credit scored for. I'd ring up again and request it.

The form itself is in an A4 sized booklet.
  • stuarttunstall
    stuarttunstall Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2011 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Very strange that the chap I spoke to said that..... Unless I get something through the post like a welcome pack... confirming the upgrade etc as nobody had told me the upgrade has been done yet :)

I already have the old Natwest Private Visa card which I have had for the last 2/3 years....

Maybe give them another call in the morning and speak to another operator....
  • Twister84
    Options
    You will get a welcome pack in the post, but those usually just include details of the benefits and how to register them etc.

You can apply for the credit card online aswell: http://www.natwest.com/private/banking/current-accounts/black-account.ashx#tabs=section4
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    I will give them a call.... That link just gives me the option to upgrade my current account ro a black ACcount... does not seem to give me the option just to apply for the card unless I am missing it.... Unless the system updates overnight and I will get the option in my online banking tomorrow....
  • Twister84
    Options
    It seems the "Apply" button at the bottom takes you to a page where you can upgrade to Black, despite the "Private Black Credit Card" section giving the benefits of the Private Black c/c.

As for your theory, I don't think the systems are that advanced ;)
  • hansying
    Options
    Is that just me finding some of the useful benefits are not there anymore after upgrading from Adv Gold to Black?

like Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty?

I've accidentally damaged one of my shirt over £130 and the purchase protection insurance worked really well for me.
  • Twister84
    Options
    Advantage Gold still has the Extended Warranty - AFAIK if you bought anything while your account was still Advantage Gold, they will honour the benefits at the time of purchase.
  • stuarttunstall
    Options
    Gave them a call today.... you are correct I do need to apply....

It seems that there may be a problem with the online upgrade... as you have already stated the first question I was asked was "did you get the option to apply when you requested the upgrade?"..... Errrr No! was the reply... Oh he said... lol

So, I have been waiting all day for a call back from them to discuss this, but so far no call.... must be busy? I did try around 4.30 but they were unable to put me through... So I will try again in the morning...

Stuart
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport