Natwest Black Current Account

Options

Comments

• MattLondon
    MattLondon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    My NWOLB still says Adv Gold in the account details area, however, i read under the same section something like this - "this account information is accurate as of last nights close of business"

I will leave it a few days and if that doesnt change by say thurs / Fri, I will call PB.
    Thanks for all your help.
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MattLondon wrote: »
    My NWOLB still says Adv Gold in the account details area, however, i read under the same section something like this - "this account information is accurate as of last nights close of business"

I will leave it a few days and if that doesnt change by say thurs / Fri, I will call PB.
    Thanks for all your help.

Lending applications that are successful on a weekend apply themselves to the account on the Tuesday. I'm pretty sure this goes for any upgrade and downgrade too.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • MattLondon
    Options
    Twister- just to clarify "lending decisions" who is lending what? I'm paying them- where is the lending? Or have I ore qualified myself for x amount based on salary and net worth therefore req for the account upgrade?
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no. I was simply highlighting the fact that any successful application done on a Saturday, at least, for example, overdraft or account upgrade, will automatically be applied to your account on Tuesday.

So if you wanted to chase it up earlier than Thursday, you could - that's all.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • MattLondon
    Options
    Awesome- thanks for clarifying.. Back to the apprentice now :)
  • MattLondon
    edited 19 July 2011 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Twister84 wrote: »
    Oh no. I was simply highlighting the fact that any successful application done on a Saturday, at least, for example, overdraft or account upgrade, will automatically be applied to your account on Tuesday.

So if you wanted to chase it up earlier than Thursday, you could - that's all.

So I checked my account details under Nwolb.com this morning and it still shows adv gold... No letters yet through the post either re upgrade- Is this all normal for upgrades? I guess the above post relates to lending - overdrafts and the like? When do upgrades become visable on the account details page of Nwolb.com?
  • MattLondon
    Options
    Hi all, just an update. So I applied on Saturday to upgrade from ADV Gold to Natwest Black. Although approved on NWOLB.com, I am yet to receive an email or letter to confirm the next steps - am I being premature?
    My account online still states ADV Gold, and I haven't received anything in the post to confirm what is going on.

Anyone out there with experience of upgrades or any Natwest employees care to shed some light on the timescales of such upgrades and the process flow?
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2011 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Hi all, just an update. So I applied on Saturday to upgrade from ADV Gold to Natwest Black. Although approved on NWOLB.com, I am yet to receive an email or letter to confirm the next steps - am I being premature?
    My account online still states ADV Gold, and I haven't received anything in the post to confirm what is going on.

Anyone out there with experience of upgrades or any Natwest employees care to shed some light on the timescales of such upgrades and the process flow?

Not sure tbh as I work in a branch, I don't really get involved in Internet applications. However I would expect that the application was printed and posted on Monday, so probably will arrive with you tomorrow. If you take the application into a branch they should (don't quote me as I don't work for private!) be able to complete it for you - I imagine that they'd have to do some extra checks i.e. Income meets private criteria. If not then post it back then your account will be upgraded. I'd expect it to be completed by early next week.

It would be quicker for you, as I think someone else has said, if you get in touch with a branch based private banking manager (any largish branch should have one) then they'd be more than happy to take you on & should be able to process the application there and then. This would over-ride the Internet app - you can't upgrade the same account twice! Probably worth ringing ahead and making an appointment.
  • MattLondon
    Options
    madgagoo wrote: »
    - you can't upgrade the same account twice!

please elaborate as I have upgraded to ADV gold from current plus previously. Are you saying I cannot upgrade to Black with this A/c?
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    Options
    Please elaborate as I have upgraded to ADV gold from current plus previously. Are you saying I cannot upgrade to Black with this A/c?

No, I mean that if you upgrade from gold to black in a branch then you wouldn't be able to upgrade it to black again online. Sorry for the confusion.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure