We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Pregnancy at 15 advice

Options

Comments

• Daniel_Reed
    Options
    Thanks and yes having a son with Aspergers its already a struggle slightest noise like neighbours drilling he goes nuts.. thinks they coming through our house.. and all the rest of the issues that goes with it.. had to fight tooth an nail with Education LEA to get him into special provisions and now his home life will be turned upside down..
    I worry that he may cause his sister alot of upset too and i always have to be between them or they clash.. its like Mike Tyson arguing with minnie mouse if you understand.. but with the strength of an ox.. so not best living arrangements.

Luckily im a fit mum but im dreading this and also waiting on a diagnosis of pos AS for my daughter who as you can tell already has alot of issues.
    Problem I have is cannot make her do anything she does not want to do and she is already thinking of herself as a mum.
    So best i can do is be there and help
    I hopeso would certainly help alot we have got a young baby in the family
    but its hard to know how he would interact as normally he hides away when too many visitors.

He did say to his sister to keep the baby though

Sorry to go off subject towards your son however as you stated above about the things he reacts to, as far as i know of and im sure you know this that it is a normal thing which a autistic child does, i am also autistic myself and had a very hard time with this so i can relate to your son, and as for the LEA yes they are a pain in the bum! when i was 15 i got kicked out off a school in medway called Silverbank Park.. worst place a autistic child could ever end up! but then i started to do 1 to 1 at home which was a better place for me but i missed the classroom setting, anyway.. about your son with the baby well i think he will be fine with it if not adore it.. my little sister also fell preg at 16 and i was perfect with the baby.. maybe you should have a talk with your son about it and how its going to be and how his sister is going to be during the time she is preg such as mood swings and other things that come along.

I wish you the best of luck with all of your dutys as a mother and hope that my post hepled to clear a few things up.
  • bargainbunny
    bargainbunny Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to go off subject towards your son however as you stated above about the things he reacts to, as far as i know of and im sure you know this that it is a normal thing which a autistic child does, i am also autistic myself and had a very hard time with this so i can relate to your son, and as for the LEA yes they are a pain in the bum! when i was 15 i got kicked out off a school in medway called Silverbank Park.. worst place a autistic child could ever end up! but then i started to do 1 to 1 at home which was a better place for me but i missed the classroom setting, anyway.. about your son with the baby well i think he will be fine with it if not adore it.. my little sister also fell preg at 16 and i was perfect with the baby.. maybe you should have a talk with your son about it and how its going to be and how his sister is going to be during the time she is preg such as mood swings and other things that come along.

I wish you the best of luck with all of your dutys as a mother and hope that my post hepled to clear a few things up.

Thank you and yes the mood swings are bad enough anyway , my son just goes to his room to escape:)
    I have spoke to him and said go easy on his sister a bit so hopefully when she ismore noticable he realize more.
    By the way i totally agree with you about silverbank.. thats the one my son had huge problems with and finally they admitted they couldnt meet his needs.
    He now goes to asd which is a whole lot better:D

Im glad you got things sorted
  • bargainbunny
    bargainbunny Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to say my daughter lost her baby .. say a prayer for her please she is so upset .. just left my baby grieving her baby can say its been a terrible night/day just need to be strong for her :(
  • go_cat
    go_cat Posts: 2,509 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So sorry to hear that stay strong x
  • emsbet
    emsbet Posts: 5,237 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your daughter's loss.

xx
    :A 09.06.11:A 07.10.11:A
    Gorgeous baby boy born 16.09.12 :happylove

:kisses2:The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe :kisses2:

Patience is a virtue I lack! :p
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    That is really hard for her, I will pray for both of you.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How sad, I'm really very sorry to see this at the end of a thread I just finnished reading. I thought your decisions/actions were admirable.
    Your poor daughter, and you.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
  • LaDiva_2
    LaDiva_2 Posts: 247 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2011 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Sending hugs your way.
    DD1 born November 2010. DD2 born June 2013
  • Tebheag
    Tebheag Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    I am so sorry to here about the lose I am sure your daughter will be ok with such a caring and supportive mum.
    £10 a day challange Feb 27/435 Jan 530/465

2012 to pay off CC
    After snowballing should be debt free by Mar 2016
    2011 Target to be overdraft free this year and get debt down!
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So sorry for her loss, sending hugs to both of you. You sound like a smashing and suportive mum and both of your kids will be great with you behind them xx
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport