We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Do not buy from Nicecans.co.uk

Comments

• yeah it does appear to be hit and miss with these guys doesnt it?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    wiganwayne wrote: »
    another update!!

my item arrived today via parcel force and ive got to say im very very happy :j

the box the ipod dock came in was slightly damaged but im putting that down to being damaged in transit
    as for the item itself it was well packaged and was in no way a return or a second

as stated in my first post i was extremely worried after reading all the previous comments but to be fair to nicecans.co.uk they have done everything (for me at least) they said they would do. :T

they emailed me 2 days after i placed the order and provided me with a tracking number. they even emailed me today asking if i had recieved it and if everything was to my expectations.

so all in all im very very happy with the product and the service i recieved and i hope that you guys get your issues/refunds/returns sorted ASAP

Wayne

call me cynical - but theres points of your post that smack of someone trying to balance out the complaint.

I don't get the need to point out its not a seconds item? (I have yet to see anywhere which states they sell seconds)

I don't get the need to write the domain in full in the post where the word 'they' would have sufficed - seems to me thats an attempt to get google to pick it up more than anything.

You got an email a couple of days later checking if everything is okay? Come on now, thats the first person to have that and there are others saying emails are never replied to.

This company has form on this thread of providing good service to some customers then asking them to post in this thread to make it sound better than it is.
    wiganwayne wrote: »
    yeah it does appear to be hit and miss with these guys doesnt it?

That leads me to beleive you either work for them or they have asked you to post this thread to say how 'very very' impressed you were.

Sorry, cynical or not, don't buy it for a second.
  • visidigi wrote: »
    call me cynical - but theres points of your post that smack of someone trying to balance out the complaint.

I don't get the need to point out its not a seconds item? (I have yet to see anywhere which states they sell seconds)

I don't get the need to write the domain in full in the post where the word 'they' would have sufficed - seems to me thats an attempt to get google to pick it up more than anything.

You got an email a couple of days later checking if everything is okay? Come on now, thats the first person to have that and there are others saying emails are never replied to.

This company has form on this thread of providing good service to some customers then asking them to post in this thread to make it sound better than it is.

That leads me to beleive you either work for them or they have asked you to post this thread to say how 'very very' impressed you were.

Sorry, cynical or not, don't buy it for a second.

im sorry that you think this but i can assure you i have no links to this company what so ever (a clue is in my user name).
    and i can also assure you they have not asked me to post on this thread to make things better than they are

as you can see from my first post i was extremely concerned after reading the things posted on here . but since i received my item in the time scale they said they would i think it is only fair that i let people know this. this is in no means me "trying to even things up" as you put it........ this is just MY experience with the company.

i do however understand the point you make about me mentioning the domain name and agree there was no need to mention it and if it makes YOU happy i will edit my post and delete it???.....I used the words seconds cause i have seen it mentioned (maybe not on here but elsewhere that people have received things not in the original packaging or items that have been returned, repackaged then shipped out again........this in my book is what i would class as seconds !! once again im sorry if my wording is mis-leading

finally you seem to not want to believe that i recieved emails from them providing me with a tracking number and also asking if my item had been recieved????

if you want i will gladly forward these emails onto you for you to view. just pm me your email address and you can have a look at them.

cynical???? yes i think you are!!!

wayne
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    wiganwayne, he's right, you do sound like a false reviewer for the company, but even if you're not and you've had a genuine positive experience, that positive experience means nothing when considering how many people have been ripped off by this company. If a company rips off 9 people and treats 1 person fantastically, does that make them a good company? No.
  • This Is just plain ridiculous now!! All I have done is post the outcome of my dealing with these guys as I said I would do in my original post!! I do not for one minute think it is right what they are doing and for what they have done to the people who have posted on this thread! And I also agree with you that i am obviously in the minority when It comes to receiving the good that i have paid for

I have been very honest with the way things were handled and I for one am very satisfied!!

Can I ask you if you had ordered something from them and posted your concerns on here, then a week later your item arrived and you was satisfied with it, would you have posted the outcome on here as I have done???

I am aware that the fact I am new to this site isn't doing me any favors however it is very insulting to say I am connected to them in any way what so ever! This is meant to be a forum where people can air their views however it appears that on this topic if your experience isn't the same as 99% of the other posters then you must be a scam artist who is in some sort of partnership with the company in question!!!

Wayne
  • JOHNGT
    JOHNGT Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2011 at 3:13PM
    At the risk of getting a kicking, like poor old Wayne (Wayne, I think that you are the real deal. Lots of people on these sites are way too aggressive and need to chill out), I am going to update on my experience.

On Thursday 6th October I received not one, but TWO Joby Gorillapods from nicecans. This was almost one month after the original order (9th September). The items are genuine Joby products (I mention this because nicecans has been accused of sending out fake products on some forums).

Dealing with nicecans has been a hassle. If they did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, they wouldn't have half as many disgruntled customers. I only went looking for answers on review sites when they didn't contact me after the 2 working days they said they would.

They really need to get their distribution, delivery and customer communication sorted if they want to stay in business. If it is Royal Mail's fault that items are not delivered, use another courier.

Overall, nicecans were £10 cheaper than next cheapest on the internet and £25 cheaper than high street, but I don't think the saving of a tenner has been worth the grief. I've now got the hassle of sending one of the tripods back (no way I'm doing so until I receive a prepaid returns label).

I now await the accusations of being an employee of nicecans!!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    You don't have the hassle of sending it back - they have the hassle of arranging for it to be collected. If they send a returns label and ask you to post it back, and you feel generous enough to do so, then so be it. But YOU are under no compulsion to actively return it - you only have a duty of care whilst it is in your position.

If they don't make any effort to get the item back within 30 days of you notifying them (or 3 months from delivery if you don't notify them) then it's yours to keep anyway.

(Some elements of that last paragraph may not be 100% accurate, but the general gist is correct).
  • JOHNGT
    JOHNGT Posts: 108 Forumite
    Thanks for that bod1467, wasn't aware they had responsibility to uplift it. Or that I got to keep the extra tripod if they don't make an effort within 30 days.

I've sent them an e-mail saying that I'm not paying for postage given their track record and if they want it back, they should send me a prepaid returns label.

Given the time it takes them to do everything else, I'm now hopeful that I'll get to keep the extra tripod which will compensate me for all the hassle and grief they've put me through!

Cheers

John
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    JOHNGT wrote: »
    At the risk of getting a kicking, like poor old Wayne (Wayne, I think that you are the real deal. Lots of people on these sites are way too aggressive and need to chill out), I am going to update on my experience.

On Thursday 6th October I received not one, but TWO Joby Gorillapods from nicecans. This was almost one month after the original order (9th September). The items are genuine Joby products (I mention this because nicecans has been accused of sending out fake products on some forums).

Dealing with nicecans has been a hassle. If they did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, they wouldn't have half as many disgruntled customers. I only went looking for answers on review sites when they didn't contact me after the 2 working days they said they would.

They really need to get their distribution, delivery and customer communication sorted if they want to stay in business. If it is Royal Mail's fault that items are not delivered, use another courier.

Overall, nicecans were £10 cheaper than next cheapest on the internet and £25 cheaper than high street, but I don't think the saving of a tenner has been worth the grief. I've now got the hassle of sending one of the tripods back (no way I'm doing so until I receive a prepaid returns label).

I now await the accusations of being an employee of nicecans!!

Your wording its clesar to me you're genuine - wiganwayne just used far too many google search type replies and other points to make his reply seem reasonable. Sorry if I offended you wiganwayne, just the way I see it...
  • visidigi wrote: »
    Your wording its clesar to me you're genuine - wiganwayne just used far too many google search type replies and other points to make his reply seem reasonable. Sorry if I offended you wiganwayne, just the way I see it...

yeah i mentioned the domain name ONCE!! and edited my post once you highlighted the issue to me!! If im honest i was VERY offended but whats done is done now. I know i have no dealings with them so i can sleep at night with a clear conscience.

I hope that everyone manages to get their problems sorted

wayne
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.