MSE News: Ocado lets down thousands of shoppers

edited 24 June 2011 at 5:27PM in Food Shopping & Groceries
74 replies 12.8K views
1234568»

Replies

• MSE_Archna wrote: »
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

Very disappointed about this and won't be ordering from them ever! They've lost hundreds of pounds of future business from me by not honouring a £20 deal - stupid! :money:
  • I registered for the voucher, when the voucher game through I placed an order for four boxes of nappies, used the voucher. Delivery yesterday. No Problems and good service from Ocado who called me to deliver at 8pm rather than 11pm which was the cheap slot that I had booked.

I am sorry for those that didnt get to use it but you win some you lose some. There have been many "grabbits" I have ordered payed for and then had my order cancelled because they couldnt fulfill them. Isnt this the same thing? We dont start a war over each one of those other incidents?
  • I emailed Ocado with a formal complaint following the apology email from Crowdity and I was then offered £20 off a £75 shop. I then complained further and I have just received a free £20 Ocado voucher with no minimum spend! Which is even better than original offer! Excellent.
  • Fire_FoxFire_Fox Forumite
    26K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry for those that didnt get to use it but you win some you lose some. There have been many "grabbits" I have ordered payed for and then had my order cancelled because they couldnt fulfill them. Isnt this the same thing? We dont start a war over each one of those other incidents?

There is a difference between not being able to supply 300 of a discontinued model of fridge-freezer when there are 200 in stock, and not wanting to honour a £20 e-voucher when you can issue an unlimited number.

This offer would have been self-limiting anyway because Ocado only have x number of delivery slots in any given week and they cannot conjure up extra drivers. Instead of allowing 'natural selection' to do it's worst they let down people who had a legitimate claim to the discount. If they wanted to set a limit on the amount of money they discounted, they should have set a limit on the number of vouchers that were issued. The thing that is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths is the 'spin doctors' claiming the offer was withdrawn to protect existing customers and not their profits and salary bonuses.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals