MSE News: Ocado lets down thousands of shoppers

edited 24 June 2011 at 5:27PM in Food Shopping & Groceries
74 replies 12.8K views

Replies

• I have got mine being delivered this morning :d
  • PlushchrisPlushchris Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    I dont understand all those people that are moaning about "having signed up to two sites" to get the offer, if you signed up to both sites then you obviously DID get the offer, you just didnt use it. Why sign up to Ocado once the offers been withdrawn? The landing page on the link would have told you the offer was gone...

I've seen many of these deal come and go and there is ALWAYS a "you snooze you lose" element to them. Thats why I dont understand why people didnt do their shop and use the voucher when they signed up with Ocado (and had got the offer)
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • 1) How is the over-subscribtion of this deal impacting the level of customer service Ocado delivers ? There is a set number of delivery slots in every area for every particular day allocated on first come first served basis - with price of delivery going up when needed. Regular customers could find certain days fully allocated but this could easily happen because of any other reason such as weather conditions, specific product offer, more people using 15 off 75 voucher.

2) Ocado should instantly offer a special code, voucher or offer to potential customers who expressed their interest in the initial offer but was denied a chance to make an order due to a new deadline. Apologies are nice but meaningless in this situation. Poor crisis management by Ocado (possibly Crowdity but this organisation does not have any reputation yet so loss of it does not impact it).

3) Now the right thing to do would be send all subscribers of the offer an e-mail giving an automatic and unconditional way of having their details removed from any databases where they are stored. No more apologies though because with so many of them (Ocado, Crowdity, MSE) without any positive gestures they seem not to be very genuine.
  • jtcowiejtcowie Forumite
    46 Posts
    Plushchris wrote: »
    I dont understand all those people that are moaning about "having signed up to two sites" to get the offer, if you signed up to both sites then you obviously DID get the offer, you just didnt use it. Why sign up to Ocado once the offers been withdrawn? The landing page on the link would have told you the offer was gone...

I've seen many of these deal come and go and there is ALWAYS a "you snooze you lose" element to them. Thats why I dont understand why people didnt do their shop and use the voucher when they signed up with Ocado (and had got the offer)

The MSE email clearly stated: 'the code will appear in your Crowdity account by 11.59pm Wed 22 June. After that, register on Ocado, spend £40+ and enter the code at the checkout. You must order before Thur 30 June'.

According to posts on this topic yesterday, the code was usable earlier than the published start time; well, I'm sorry but why should those of us who followed the rules be penalised and/or told it's our own fault?!
  • Cleo03Cleo03 Forumite
    110 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I totally agree with you 'jtcowie.'

I was one of the unlucky ones unable to place an order. When i recieved my code on Wednesday i planned to place my order on Saturday foolishly thinking i had until 30th June to place my order.
    I thought i was adhering to the terms & conditions. I feel quite disapointed with the whole thing and hope both Ocado and Crowity learn from this.
    Oh well, of to Tescos now to use my £3 of £30 spend coupon.....
    A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it-

Bob Hope
  • BotanyBotany Forumite
    244 Posts
    Can someone please tell me how to unsuscribe from Crowdity? I mailed them yesterday but heard no acknowledgement and I cannot find the link to unsuscribe on their website.
  • BotanyBotany Forumite
    244 Posts
    OOOPS!

Sorry - just found it!

It's at the bottom of the e-mails sent by Crowdity (cheeky data grabbers they are).
  • jo58jo58 Forumite
    90 Posts
    I am disappointed as well :-( Will they have this offer up again?
    x
  • nainoonainoo Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    jo58 wrote: »
    I am disappointed as well :-( Will they have this offer up again?
    x

I doubt it VERY much and agree with the above comments about it being unfair to those who DID adhere to the rules and so should not be penalised for it when those who used the leaked codes got their orders!!!
  • smallblueplanetsmallblueplanet Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get this offer, but that's the way it goes sometimes you win & sometimes...

Someone just mentioned the Ocado voucher link now takes you to a £20 off £75 spend coupon. That doesn't seem a bad deal either?

http://www.ocado.com/webshop/content/information5/voucherLandingG02.html

We all want something for nothing, its just sometimes there is a cost.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals