Home Delivery Network - warning!

Options

Comments

• kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HDN are one of the better Home delivery operations. I could name loads more who are absolute rubbish.
  • FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    Another Thumbs Up For HDN or rather for our driver. I do think its to do with who delivers in your area, my home delivery guy is the best, leave a card if im not here, even drops by later in the evening again if he misses me in the day as i told him evenings are better!

However the guy in the cousin's Area in London, isrubbish, leaves stuff outdoors and tell her he cant be ars*d to drop back so he will leave it out whether she likes it or nit! ridculous!
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a delivery thrown over my gate - 2 boxes, full of books that I had ordered.

Thing was I was on holiday when they delivered them and it threw it down all week, needless to say my books were saturated - not a happy bunny. I ordered the books 2 weeks prior to my hols - which I would of thought was plenty of time, given they were all in stock
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    City Link threw a box into my back garden when I was out, we discovered it 3 days later as they didn't leave a card.
    It didn't rain but the DVD player probably wasn't too happy. We didn't even open it, just returned in the state it landed....:eek:
  • seabiscuit_2
    seabiscuit_2 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a couple of boxes soaked too by them, one was so badly damaged they had to collect it as was and return to sender.

However I'm still impressed that one of these courier firms delivered my wii fit the other week and just left it by the front door all day. Not even a card left to say that it was there, in case of theft
    See the stars they’re shining bright
    Everything’s alright tonight
  • Kzlnd
    Kzlnd Posts: 548 Forumite
    Options
    kiddy_guy wrote: »
    HDN are one of the better Home delivery operations. I could name loads more who are absolute rubbish.

:eek: :rotfl: You have got to be kidding.. or you work for HDNL??
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

HDNL are by far THE WORST.
    The internet is jam packed with complaints from HDNL customers, I remember one website I found, whilst looking for a telephone number, which unfortunately got pulled because of all the negative comments and complaints.
    I no longer order from companies that use this shower; Boots, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Topman and my Amazon orders were delivered by hdnl for a while and I refused to order again until an alternative delivery company or Royal Mail were used again..
    No more HDNL, no more rude arrogant drivers, no more orders stinking of fags, no more smoke blown into my face or home :mad: no more stolen orders due to the silly driver leaving it on the doorstep/back garden/3miles down the street on a doorstep, no more late delivery (2week late deliveries?!), no more orders simply not turning up!
    The £2.00 Coin Savers Club = approx £22.00 :rolleyes: :j.. The 20p Savers Club = £17.80.

:j
    x
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    our home delivery driver is great
    however i know he lives fairly near us as ive seen him out and about so it may have some bearing ;)
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • WidowTwanky_2
    Options
    Ordered Hub from BT, supposed to be here 21st July. Nothing. Called BT who gave me HDN's number. Called them on the 22nd and was told there had been a 'failed delivery' on the 21st. Rubbish. I was at home waiting for delivery all day. No card had been left. They told me the parcel was on the van, yesterday, the 22nd, and would be delivered by 7pm. Waited in all day. Nothing. No card.
    Surely it's not my responsibility to go chasing for this thing?
    When I called BT to tell them Hub had not arrived, they took the opportunity to try and sell me the idea of BT Vision. That's fair enough. But why should I even consider ordering another item that needs to be delivered by HDN when this first delivery hasn't even been made?
    I can't be ar*ed to wait in for the rest of the week and am considering cancelling order with BT. Pathetic.

Today, 23rd, emailed complaint to BT. BT just called, apologised and told me they are sending out a new delivery that I should expect on 28th. I'll let you know what happens!

July 25th, I have just had a delivery of my Hub phone (not a lot of use without a Hub but at least it's here) and it was delivered by, I have to say, a very nice man from HDN who actually buzzed twice and waited for me to come down two flights of stairs.
    Now, if the Hub arrives on Monday, that will be just grand.
  • ashleydrollinson
    Options
    Ordered Hub from BT, supposed to be here 21st July. Nothing. Called BT who gave me HDN's number. Called them on the 22nd and was told there had been a 'failed delivery' on the 21st. Rubbish. I was at home waiting for delivery all day. No card had been left. They told me the parcel was on the van, yesterday, the 22nd, and would be delivered by 7pm. Waited in all day. Nothing. No card.
    Surely it's not my responsibility to go chasing for this thing?
    When I called BT to tell them Hub had not arrived, they took the opportunity to try and sell me the idea of BT Vision. That's fair enough. But why should I even consider ordering another item that needs to be delivered by HDN when this first delivery hasn't even been made?
    I can't be ar*ed to wait in for the rest of the week and am considering cancelling order with BT. Pathetic.

Today, 23rd, emailed complaint to BT. BT just called, apologised and told me they are sending out a new delivery that I should expect on 28th. I'll let you know what happens!

July 25th, I have just had a delivery of my Hub phone (not a lot of use without a Hub but at least it's here) and it was delivered by, I have to say, a very nice man from HDN who actually buzzed twice and waited for me to come down two flights of stairs.
    Now, if the Hub arrives on Monday, that will be just grand.

Same experience. finally got hub. still waiting for phone.
    Parcels don't just sit there without a good reason. We are on a cleardown everyday. The drivers are working their hearts out to deliver everything for xmas - give them a break.

One day last week we delivered over 14,000 parcels, we will get there.

Then a) If you can't handle demand, don't take on new custom or get more staff
    b) if they are working so hard, why do they make so much work for themselves by not attempting deliveries. Do they not realise they will have to come back. I use HDNL a lot im afraid (bt, littlewoods, amazon) at least 3 times I have seen the van pull over or drive past my house but not attempt delivery. At least another 6 times there has been someone in the house waiting for delivery all day when they say delivery could not be made.

Awful company. Awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport