Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers

Options

Comments

• Sausage_Roll
    Sausage_Roll Posts: 609 Forumite
    Options
    Phoned up to do a BT TO HBOS and they put me through to the retentions department... :rotfl: Was offered 2.9% for 6 months + 3% fee or 7.9% life of balance plus 3% fee.

Quite surprised I was offered that, I've missed a couple of payments in the past 2 years and the transfer was for less than 1k. Still, gets me down from 20.95 or MBNA's 30%... :D
    Please don't pm me asking to eat me because you are hungry.:mad:

I am NOT a sausage roll.
  • moneymouth77
    Options
    Hopefully I can get some advice here: I've been in a bad way with my credit card for a bit, I'd like to do a balance transfer, but my credit rating isn't brilliant, and my card's reaching that point now where the interest will hike massively. Any advice?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Eldorado
    Options
    Anyone had any Balance Transfer deals from Capital One recently ? either by phoning Customer Services or by post
  • technotrousers
    Options
    Have you found any deals with Capital One? I'm an existing customer and wonder if haggling for a low longlife rate will get me anywhere?
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    I hear the bouncing rumour that Capital One are not brilliant for low rates, especially long-life ones, but I haven't checked recently. Can anyone help these gents?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    Have you found any deals with Capital One? I'm an existing customer and wonder if haggling for a low longlife rate will get me anywhere?

As you know, some card companies have regular, existing-customer offers and will even waive BT fees sometimes, if you're prepared to negotiate over the phone. Unfortunately, CapOne isn't one of them.

IME, C1 reserves its best deals for new applicants. You may receive occasional offers by post, but I'd be surprised if you get anywhere haggling over the phone, tbh.
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Hank_Marvin
    Hank_Marvin Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Mint 0% for 6 months no BT Fee.
  • Moggles_2
    Options
    Mint 0% for 6 months no BT Fee.

I was offered 6 months at 0% with 3% BT fee when I phoned Mint recently, intending to cancel. When I persisted, the cancellation team waived the 3% fee.

Obviously, for this to work, you have to be prepared to go ahead and close the account, if you don't get the offer you'd hoped for ;)
  • Hank_Marvin
    Hank_Marvin Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Moggles not really i received a letter from mint with this offer.
  • Moggles_2
    Options
    Moggles, not really, I received a letter from Mint with this offer.
    Congratulations & thanks for your feedback
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure