Options

Comments

• jenster
    jenster Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    keithboy40 wrote: »
    i got offered a LOB of 7.9% from tesco last week without any haggling

just been offered the same deal with no fee and as 0% virgin is due up end of this month and 1,800 left does anyone think this is a good deal ?

or should we try for another 0% ?
  • lauhen
    lauhen Posts: 437 Forumite
    Options
    I have two credit cards, well three but that one is already on the virgin 0% so i am not counting that one, i have so far tried two credit card companies for there 0% balance transfer and i have been declined, could this be due to the house that i have bought being repossessed from the previous owners and them running up huge debts on a colossal amount of credit cards, i know this as i keep getting letters for them being sent to my house. If this is part of the reason and i cant get 0% balance transfers,could i somehow get my interest rate down with the banks i am with now, one of my minimum payments is 295 a month and the interest is 260, that seems very high. Any info or advice would be much appreciated. thankyou in advance.
  • Moggles_2
    Moggles_2 Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    lauhen wrote: »
    I have so far tried two credit card companies for their 0% balance transfer and I have been declined. Could this be due to the house that I have bought being repossessed from the previous owners and them running up huge debts on a colossal amount of credit cards?

No. Credit ratings assess people, not dwellings. If you share a financial product (eg. joint bank a/c) with someone else, then you are financially linked to them and their affairs could have an effect on your credit rating, but simply occupying the same house or flat as someone with a poor credit history, has no effect whatsoever.

Have you checked your credit reports lately to see what's on there? For help, see page 1 of the *How to obtain credit reports* sticky
    People who don't know their rights, don't actually have those rights.
  • Moggles_2
    Options
    lauhen wrote: »
    I have so far tried two credit card companies for their 0% balance transfer and i have been declined ... could I somehow get my interest rate down with the banks i am with now?

Yes, you may be able to reduce your costs using credit cards you already hold. For details, see Martin's *Credit Card Shuffle*article.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car...-card-interest
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    I dunno, I got turned down for a 0 balance despite me thinking my credit rating is amazing, I check it and it has been lowered by my housemate being massively in debt... I dunno how that works, but that's what I was told.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Moggles_2
    Options
    I got turned down for a 0 balance despite me thinking my credit rating is amazing. I check it and it has been lowered by my housemate being massively in debt... I dunno how that works, but that's what I was told.

Are you and your housemate financially linked?
  • moneymouth77
    moneymouth77 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    No, not to my knowledge...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2009 at 10:32AM
    Options
    I don't know how useful this will be to anyone, and isn't exactly a fantastic deal, but in the abscence of anything better ...

Egg Visa are offering existing customers 6.9% fixed rate BT for 6 months. Only downside is they're charging 2.9% fee on top too! :rolleyes:

If MBNA don't offer me a decent deal i.e. 0% I might take up this Egg offer for a month as I have a 0% card ending this month but my savings to pay it off won't be available until June (depending on FCSC sending out the cheques on time!)
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • flipdee
    flipdee Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hey there, M&S wanted to keep my custom by offering me the following:

0% on Purchases for 7 Months (Thats against their usual 18.9%!!!!)

With a bit of probing regarding other deals they offered a not so brilliant 5.9% on BT with 2% fee for 6 months.
  • clio
    clio Posts: 3,345 Forumite
    Options
    Adsa offering 0% for 12 months with 2.99% fee, just been on phone to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure