MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    bella2121 wrote: »
    question none pregnancy related - anyone who's kids have glasses - when DS went to opticians yesterday they gave him eye drops to make his pupils bigger, they said the effect should wear off after 24 hours but it hasnt it looks very strange rang optician he said should take 24 hours but because his eyes are blue it might take longer?? does this sound right any thoughts??

xx

hi, yes its quite normal so my optician told me, by the way did they give him the drops and then do the eye test or the other way round,

just saying because when my son was a bit younger they done the drops first and then the ordinary eye test, but the drops distorted his vision so they gave him glasses which i made him wear but was getting headaches, so took him somewhere else and they re tested normally and he didnt need glasses at all
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Kandboys
    Kandboys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 August 2011 at 11:35AM
    Options
    EDD List

harieta - 7th August 2011
    c l a i r e - 14th August 2011 ?
    Doglover - 17th August 2011 :male:
    jcr16 - 21st August 2011 :male: Scheduled C-Section
    caelshorn - 18th August 2011 ?
    Clarieloo - 19th August 2011 :male:
    laura237 - 22nd August 2011:female:
    Kellpea - 23rd August 2011
    forumgrazer - 30th August 2011?
    ecoelle - 2nd September 2011
    *twinkle* - 3rd September 2011
    twi1ight - 7th September 2011 :male:
    little angel - 10th September 2011
    Puzzledbubbles - 11th September 2011 ?
    killiegirl - 13th September :male:
    Missyy76 - 14th September 2011
    Elmo1985 - 15th September 2011
    ddebski_us - 17th September 2011 ?
    hayleythedaisy - 22nd September 2011 ?
    bella2121 - 23rd September 2011 :male:
    jacobsmum - 26th September 2011
    mirrorimage - 29th September :male:
    MrsT110309 - 29th September 2011
    ClaireyBear - 30th September 2011 :male:
    Skint_Catt -1st October 2011 ?
    alison 2020 - 2nd October 2011 :male:
    Flower08 - 4th October 2011 :male:
    Sefilby - 6th October 2011
    durham05 - 7th October 2011 :male:
    Mancbird - 8th October 2011 ?
    Winnie in Pooh - 10th October 2011 :male:
    RedwoodBrook - 11th October 2011 :male: - Scheduled c-section
    SVSandy - 14th October 2011 :female:
    waitingforpost - 19th October 2011
    Kandboys - 28th October 2011 :male:
    Keggsy - 1st November 2011
    boat girl - 3rd November 2011 :female:
    Eyelinerprincess - 15th November 2011 ?
    kimmilew - 19th November 2011
    missymoo81 - 20th November 2011
    Lynn11 - 23rd November 2011
    neas - 29th November 2011 :male:
    Lirin - 2nd December 2011 ?
    mr_knight - 3rd December 2011 ?
    TinyTink - 6th December 2011 :male:
    Emily926 - 8th December 2011
    Wonder Womble - 11th December 2011
    Kitten_Pie - 20th December 2011 :male::male: twins
    KeelyKat - 21st December 2011 :male:
    Delain - 21st December 2011 :female:
    Seafarers_Wife - 21st December 2011 ?
    Mimi Arc en ciel - 26th December 2011 :female:
    vic_f - 29th December 2011
    Kira000 - 30th December 2011
    LauraLou - 30th December 2011
    Gillyx - 23rd January 2012
    4nnabella - 24th January 2012
    blackkat - 29th January 2012
    emmigrant-immigrant - 20 March 2012 (date tbc at scan)

Hospital Bag list here

Supplement list and dosage here

BIRTH LIST

:male: Anderson8 - 10th July - Wilson Leith - 7lb 13oz
    :male: Sparkle76 - 12th July - Aidan James - 4.20am - 6lb 3oz
    :female: Pixiepops - 21st July - Liana Evelyn - 1.32pm - 6lb 15oz
    :male: Breast Cancer Survivor/I love Harrison - 23rd July - Harrison Marc Anthony - 4.15am - 8lb 3oz
    :female: Apricot - 27th July - Lily - 4.50pm - 7lb 7oz
    :female: moneysavingfamilycomp - 30th July - Daisie Elizabeth - 3.18am - 6lb 1oz
    :female: Smileyface26 - 3rd August - Zara - 4.38pm - 8lb 1oz
    :male: abby1234519 - 7th August - Joshua - 4.10am - 7lb 9oz
    :male: Sequeena - 7th August - Thomas Emlyn - 7.42am - 6lb 8.5oz

PROBABLY GIVEN
    BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON LIST
    allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list

Chopsie&Chelvis - 10th July 2011 :female:
    star_ka - 11th July 2011
    hattifattener - 20th July 2011
    liley9 - 21st July
    pipersky - 24th July 2011 :female:

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you
    have time/energy

MSE Parents Facebook group. Please PM Sami_Bee with your real name to be accepted. :D
    Thank you to everyone for sharing competitions!
  • Kandboys
    Options
    Morning all sorry so many are struggling. I had uncomfortable BHs all day yesterday - my bump was like a rock from morning until evening! DH thinks I am doing too much which is very, very rare for him to say - he's of the you're not ill, you're pregnant school of thinking which is quite right so for him to say that is a novelty! Don't get me wrong, he's fab and does lots and lots for me like massage my feet every night he just doesn't want me to be pathetic!!

Not many boldies at the moment!
  • Lirin
    Lirin Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    bella2121 wrote: »
    Lirin - at least you know where you stand, pain relief wise and there prepared if anything was to happen :)

question none pregnancy related - anyone who's kids have glasses - when DS went to opticians yesterday they gave him eye drops to make his pupils bigger, they said the effect should wear off after 24 hours but it hasnt it looks very strange rang optician he said should take 24 hours but because his eyes are blue it might take longer?? does this sound right any thoughts??

xx

True for pain relief, suppose I've just had my birth plan pretty much written!

Eyes- I'm blind in one, with grey/green/blue eyes- they change apparantly depending on my mood. Yeah, the eye drops take ages to work off on lighter eyes- optician is right. It does look strange though. I can remember mine taking a couple of days at times.... It's to do with the dye's ability to dissapate in the blood I think. Some of the dyes can make dark eyes look darker for a bit- green in particular. If you're worried, go back to optician....
    I was sent for tests at one stage and no-one let me know the dye would cause temporary blindness- I was only told not to drive. By the time I reached the doors of the hospital, I could see light and dark only.... That took 3-4 days to wear off properly I think.
  • *Twinkle*
    *Twinkle* Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    Kandboys wrote: »
    Morning all sorry so many are struggling. I had uncomfortable BHs all day yesterday - my bump was like a rock from morning until evening! DH thinks I am doing too much which is very, very rare for him to say - he's of the you're not ill, you're pregnant school of thinking which is quite right so for him to say that is a novelty! Don't get me wrong, he's fab and does lots and lots for me like massage my feet every night he just doesn't want me to be pathetic!!

Not many boldies at the moment!
    hahahaha, mines like that, "you're pregnant, not ill" i could smack him at times, esp when i've got blazing heartburn, or my back feels as tho it's gonna snap in two, or i'm so tired i could just sit and cry, but then i think, hmmmm, i may be pregnant now, but i wont be soon and you'll always be a moron, :D
    Skint, but happy (ish):p
  • Kandboys
    Options
    I'm kind of glad he's like that and as I say he does lots for me so he is sympathetic. One of our friends asks his pregnant wife every 5 minutes 'are you ok, do you need anything'. Must get kind of suffocating!
  • bella2121
    bella2121 Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) i feel a bit better now, OH has starting to panic at least I can reassure him. The optician wasnt very child friendly IYKWIM he just talked to me, didnt really tell DS what he was doin, just said I need to put some drops in and told DS to put his head back, I had to explain to DS what was happening. He tested him first, then when he tried to look in his eyes he said he wasnt keeping his eyes still so thats why he was given the drops, he only has to wear them for reading, watching TV and looking at the board at school so its not to bad, we have to go next tuesday to pick them up DS is quite excited about getting them to be honest lol hes a laid back child lol xx
    ***** on the road to debt freedom *****

Baby girl due September 2013
  • Lirin
    Lirin Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2011 at 11:56AM
    Options
    My DH is fairly laidback about pregnancy- he would be! He's very considerate though. My boss is 'It's not a disease!' but is probably the first person in my work to worry about me..... :)

Bella- your son is probably worrying less than you- kids tend to. I've had so many tests done, especially as a child, and mainly remember thinking how cool it was I got to freak the other kids at school out with bright green pupils and yellow eyes! That and a party trick involving my blind eye- won't detail it here..... :)
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    *Twinkle* wrote: »
    hahahaha, mines like that, "you're pregnant, not ill" i could smack him at times, esp when i've got blazing heartburn, or my back feels as tho it's gonna snap in two, or i'm so tired i could just sit and cry, but then i think, hmmmm, i may be pregnant now, but i wont be soon and you'll always be a moron, :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I actually said something very similar to DH just yesterday :D
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    *puts hands over eyes and ignores the fact that I am next to go bold*:rotfl:

Quiet day here so far, though I did wash all my 0-3 months clothes and get them put away. Its so weird getting used to seeing clothes that small, they are so cute. I contemplated sorting out one of the spare rooms later but have decided that we'll go to the cinema instead so I can gorge on ice cream and nachos:D Doubt this nesting malarky will ever reach me now:p Have a good day everyone x
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport