MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread scares me, I like my bits the way they are :o
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2011 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Sequeena wrote: »
    I did a wee in the bath earlier and it did sod all to help :(

However witch hazel (liquid form, bung it in the fridge first!) on my pad really soothes me down below :)

With DD the hospital had a fridge full of pads soaked in witch hazel, they were great. Even just the fact they were cold helped. I've already got the witch hazel at home ready for this time and arnica tablets to help with the bruising. DD was a forceps delivery so I was cut, but I don't remember any pain peeing. Mind you, I was chewing paracetamol every 4 hours :D

Sequeena, that's a scary birth story!! It sounds like a long very painful labour. I think I would have started swearing earlier: like when they suggested going home! The pictures are so cute, especially the first where he is looking up at you!!!
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    abby.. get a jug of coolish water and pour it over yourself as you wee it dilutes the urine so is less sore.. or wee in the shower/bath.

i tried that and the water hurt! but lots of cold tissue doesnt. im using my parents ensuite as well as their toilet is wider which allows me to um, spread away from my uretha.
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gillyx wrote: »
    This thread scares me, I like my bits the way they are :o

Too late.. LOL
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Gillyx
    Gillyx Posts: 6,847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Too late.. LOL

I gathered :( you've done it 9 times, can't be that bad :p
    The frontier is never somewhere else. And no stockades can keep the midnight out.
  • Sequeena
    Sequeena Posts: 4,728 Forumite
    Options
    alison2020 wrote: »
    With DD the hospital had a fridge full of pads soaked in witch hazel, they were great. Even just the fact they were cold helped. I've already got the witch hazel at home ready for this time and arnica tablets to help with the bruising. DD was a forceps delivery so I was cut, but I don't remember any pain peeing. Mind you, I was chewing paracetamol every 4 hours :D

Sequeena, that's a scary birth story!! It sounds like a long very painful labour. I think I would have started swearing earlier: like when they suggested going home! The pictures are so cute, especially the first where he is looking up at you!!!

I keep forgetting to take paracetamol :rotfl: the witch hazel is lovely on my bits sooooo cold! and smells great too :D

I don't know when to count myself as in labour. I never got told! Only the pushing bit! I'll just say 4 days, most of it being just the latent phase but yes was very bloody painful!! My room was over A&E and Sean's dad was stood out there with some security men and they heard me screaming and apparently cringed quite a bit :o I was the only one giving birth at that time so know it was definitely me :rotfl:
    Wife and mother :j
    Grocery budget
    April week 1 - £42.78 | week 2 - £53.05
    24lbs in 12 weeks 15/24
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They usually count labour from 5cm dilated.. did you not get a discharge letter with all the details on?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Blue_Monkey
    Options
    Hello girls, how are we all? Not sure if I've posted on this 'Big Girls' thread yet... I was on the less than 12, and then 12-24 but haven't posted for a while so thought I'd move straight over to here...

Anyway, I'm due 11 Dec, first baby, don't know the sex - my guess is boy, OH thinks girl.

Have almost forgot I'm preggers recently - so much else going on! My boss is being a nasty cow and I keep crying over that, and we've got so much to do in the 2 weeks left here in Australia before heading back to the UK. My mum said she thought I was mad moving half way across the world at 5.5 months pregnant - I feel like I can cope fine physically, but I do feel stressed... Work isn't helping... And it's not like it's over when we get home as we've still got to find somewhere to live before I can really relax. Oh well, it will all be fine...

Wonder Womble - Hope you are doing well chickie, did you get to a new hosp? Are you big yet? I've got a bit of a bump now, not huge but gets in my way when I put shoes on and turning over in bed is more of an effort.... would you mind reminding me what week we're in? I've lost count.....

Have a good day peeps, BM :) x
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    Hi blue monkey! Im not sure if you have been here or not but just in case HI!!!!! :T

Gillyx - dont be scared lol

Pigpen - I counted my labour from when waters broke (Never got booody checked until it was to late) Waters broke at 20:30 on a dat, DD was out at 22:29 same night (no pain relief, not even gas and air!) has second cuts - they tried to give me gas and air then but i didnt like it so gritted my teeth through stitches. I want au natural this time if i can (Obv with low placenta i might not have the choice)

Sequeena - sorry this may have been mentioned but i havent been able to catch updaily - Have you tried throwing a jug of water down there when you are weeing? I always did that - or wee in the shower!

How much weight has everyone put on and how far gone are you?

I'm 20 weeks + 3 days - have put on 9lb (I'm now 12 stone 6 :eek: but 5ft8 so i dont "look" my weight IYKWIM) Docs have been telling me for 4 years to watch my weight after my thyroid operation and its quite distressing watching weight creep up (Obv i know im going to get heavier but still....)

Im not pigging out either :(
  • Wonder_Womble
    Options
    Wonder Womble - Hope you are doing well chickie, did you get to a new hosp? Are you big yet? I've got a bit of a bump now, not huge but gets in my way when I put shoes on and turning over in bed is more of an effort.... would you mind reminding me what week we're in? I've lost count.....

Hey date mate!! :D I was wondering where you had been, I've been watching for you on the 12-24 thread. We're 22+4 today chick :D Sorry to hear that your boss is being such a cow :( At least you haven't got much longer before you head back to the UK :( I think sometimes the anticipation of all the upheaval is worse than when you're actually going through it IYKWIM?

We changed hospitals successfully and pleased with the care and support we are getting now, although every appointment we have seems to run at least 2 hours late. I'm sure it is a car parking charge conspiracy :mad:

How much weight has everyone put on and how far gone are you?

I'm 20 weeks + 3 days - have put on 9lb

I'm too scared to get on the scales, and midwife hasn't weighed me since my booking in appointment at 8 weeks. I did weigh myself about 3-4 weeks ago and I had put on a stone :eek::eek::eek: despite surviving on only bread, cereal and water for several long long weeks.

My foof hurts, but only when I move. It started on Monday and I thought I had overdone things when sorting out the conservatory. Then Tuesday was fine, but yesterday out of the blue it started hurting again and is still sore. It feels like someone has kicked me in the foof :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure