MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just lurking and having a quick read and just wanted to say Mimi I put on over 3 stone when i was pregnant. I am left with a stone to lose still now but i don't think 9lb is much gain at all!

Here is a tool that can tell you approx how much you will gain and where it all goes

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2011 at 11:03AM
    Options
    mimi i have put on around 2 and half stone, but i did give up smoking right at the start so expected some weight gain from that, also i have an underactive thyriod so they have been changing my meds around. also i have noooo self control and have eaten whatever i have wanted to eat,, oohh its gonna be hard to lose after the birth lol

i have just had a bumper order arrive from mothercare, haves stock piled on nappies and other things from the mothercare glitch so all in all with the huggies deals and vouchers as well i really dont expect to be buying any nappies for the first yr which is just as well as hubby has decied to go back to college so money will be tight on my maternity leave.

jcr how horrible, i would of been sooo rude to them and complained, hugs coming your way, dont know what else to say. x
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • mancbird
    mancbird Posts: 503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jcr - big hugs to you this morning. I would definitely keep on at the midwife if your bp is high as the doctor you saw said you should be getting checked. If the pain is a new thing I would definitely be complaining about that too as it sounds as though they are being really uncaring :(

Mimi - I was weighed at my 31 week appointment this week and have lost 1 stone since my booking in appointment :( I'm really worried because I haven't put weight on and the effect it could have on Flump :( I have had hyperemesis all the way through my pregnancy and the midwife is getting a bit concerned about me. She said baby is growing well but they might admit me for a few days if the sickness doesn't calm down. The reason I'm telling you this is to show that we all worry about our weight in pregnancy (whether it's because we think we've put too much on or not enough) so don't think you are alone in this.

I think it is natural to worry about weight gain / loss as you hear so much conflicting advice. I'm getting sick of people telling me I'm small for dates etc. My midwife says Flump is exactly right for 31 weeks so half the time I'm worrying for no reason.

It sounds to me like your weight gain is pretty sensible :) the midwife also told me that at the moment (31 weeks) baby, placenta, extra fluid etc probably weighs just over a stone so it sounds like the weight you have put on is all baby :)

Mancbird xxx
    P.s. I notice we have similar nicknames for our bumps - great minds, eh? :)
    Mammy to 2 boys aged 5 and 2
  • Clarieloo
    Clarieloo Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Jcr - are you feeling any better yet? Hope the MW is able to help you out a bit. If you really feel you need to go back to hospital then please do. It could be the best place for you right now xx

Mimi- sorry there is NO WAY I am weighing myself - i don't do it at the best of times so at 39 weeks pregnant it just isn't going to happen. I was really heavy when they weighed me at my booking in appointment because it was the week after the Christmas and New Year holiday (and all associated indulgences) so wasn't really an accurate picture IMO :D Also lots of people have said that I haven't really put weight on anywhere else and I can only put that down to stopping the ale ( I did like a glass of wine before :p). So all in all weighing myself now would be quite pointless and its not as if I can really do anything about it now anyway.

So disappointed today - the only thing I had planned all week was a coffee with my friend who's due the day before me this morning but she's had a bad night's sleep and isn't feeling well so she cancelled. So back to carp daytime TV for me today. Bought myself a cheeky doughnut to cheer myself up.
    Leo James arrived 7 days late on 26th August 2011 by emergency CS :j Such a cheeky chappy now :T
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    Just lurking and having a quick read and just wanted to say Mimi I put on over 3 stone when i was pregnant. I am left with a stone to lose still now but i don't think 9lb is much gain at all!

Here is a tool that can tell you approx how much you will gain and where it all goes

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

Thats quite scary - Says I will put on 2 stone 2lb!! I think i might go cry lol
    mimi i have put on around 2 and half stone, but i did give up smoking right at the start so expected some weight gain from that, also i have an underactive thyriod so they have been changing my meds around. also i have noooo self control and have eaten whatever i have wanted to eat,, oohh its gonna be hard to lose after the birth lol

i have just had a bumper order arrive from mothercare, haves stock piled on nappies and other things from the mothercare glitch so all in all with the huggies deals and vouchers as well i really dont expect to be buying any nappies for the first yr which is just as well as hubby has decied to go back to college so money will be tight on my maternity leave.

jcr how horrible, i would of been sooo rude to them and complained, hugs coming your way, dont know what else to say. x

I dont have a thyroid lol :) Do you get the same drilled into you about your weight? I assume your on Levothyroxine? (shouldnt really assume should i . . .)
    mancbird wrote: »
    Jcr - big hugs to you this morning. I would definitely keep on at the midwife if your bp is high as the doctor you saw said you should be getting checked. If the pain is a new thing I would definitely be complaining about that too as it sounds as though they are being really uncaring :(

Mimi - I was weighed at my 31 week appointment this week and have lost 1 stone since my booking in appointment :( I'm really worried because I haven't put weight on and the effect it could have on Flump :( I have had hyperemesis all the way through my pregnancy and the midwife is getting a bit concerned about me. She said baby is growing well but they might admit me for a few days if the sickness doesn't calm down. The reason I'm telling you this is to show that we all worry about our weight in pregnancy (whether it's because we think we've put too much on or not enough) so don't think you are alone in this.

I think it is natural to worry about weight gain / loss as you hear so much conflicting advice. I'm getting sick of people telling me I'm small for dates etc. My midwife says Flump is exactly right for 31 weeks so half the time I'm worrying for no reason.

It sounds to me like your weight gain is pretty sensible :) the midwife also told me that at the moment (31 weeks) baby, placenta, extra fluid etc probably weighs just over a stone so it sounds like the weight you have put on is all baby :)

Mancbird xxx
    P.s. I notice we have similar nicknames for our bumps - great minds, eh? :)

Oh I'm sure baby is fine - If it wasnt growing it would have been picked up on scans - My first had a "low" birth weight (I didnt consider it THAT low) - she stopped growing at 35 weeks and weighed 6lb 5 and a half when she was born (That bump was called BamBam)

This bump was called Flump! Until Monday when we renamed flumpette as we're team pink now! :T
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    Big hugs JCR, I'm so sorry you're being treated so awfully - please make sure you get hubby to complain. I hope the community mw looks after you better xxx

I'm just back from the midwife, and to be honest I'm worried. Baby's head is 2/5 engaged (at 31 weeks, is this normal/ok?), my blood pressure is high and I'm getting headaches with flashing lights. She's started talking about pre-eclampsia. So I'm a bit scared because I don't really understand what all that means.

Baby is back to back too which probably explains the increased pain. My iron levels are fine though, best she's seen for ages apparently, so at least I'm doing something right.

With all that I forgot to ask her to weigh me I'm afraid Mimi and I don't have scales at home, but its safe to say I'm a bit of a heiffer. 2 stones so far in this pregnancy and a total of 4 stones with my first.

Admit it - you just didnt want to tell me lol :rotfl:
  • neas
    neas Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys, we are visiting Midwife at 24+3 Weeks tomorrow. A friend of my wifes said they should do a blood test or something.. but i can't see anything in the literature.

What tests should we expect our midwife to conduct? Reason I ask is, i've had to prompt her to do certain things like urine checks before. So i want to make sure she covers everthing she should.
  • alison2020
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Oh my goodness... I think my right hip is broken and my leg hanging off.. I cant sit on the loo or stand or walk or breathe.. All OHs fault for leaving cardboard for me to slip on last night..

Food and food and maybe some washing shuffling on the cards then I can start clearing the back room.

Pigpen you are a crazy woman!!!! :eek:
    Away and put your feet up for ten minutes!
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    neas wrote: »
    Hey guys, we are visiting Midwife at 24+3 Weeks tomorrow. A friend of my wifes said they should do a blood test or something.. but i can't see anything in the literature.

What tests should we expect our midwife to conduct? Reason I ask is, i've had to prompt her to do certain things like urine checks before. So i want to make sure she covers everthing she should.

I don't think they routinely take bloods until the 28 week appointment Neas. I would think tomorrow the mw will just dip the urine, check BP, have a feel of your OH's belly and listen to baby's heartbeat. They may measure her bump but they don't do that down here (if I remember right you're in Cornwall too?) until 28 weeks so don't be surprised if they don't. HTH :)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alison2020 wrote: »
    Pigpen you are a crazy woman!!!! :eek:
    Away and put your feet up for ten minutes!

I cant.. I can barely lift them off the floor!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts