MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• Bunnyhop
    Bunnyhop Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    I have put on 1st 4lbs at 35 weeks, I have a high BMI anyway and am trying not to freak out about it, I don't think it's excessive anyway, so long as I don't gain much more than 5lbs in the next 5 weeks I'll be happy as it would tip me over into the next big number :D

Sorry to hear so many of you aren't doing too well today - I demand you all start to feel better this afternoon! 4 and a half more days of work - feels like forever at the moment!
  • Wonder_Womble
    Options
    jcr16 wrote: »
    She said no I'm sending u home. I said but the doc said 2 hour obs. She said well he was day doc and gone now so u can go.

!!!!!!????? Hugs JCR, hope you're ok and not raising your BP more by getting upset. I would have staged a sit in protest and refuse to leave, and i would be putting in a complaint, 4 previous pregnancies or not!!

pigpen wrote: »
    I spectacularly broke a nail today.. moving a full bag of sand.. lol

I feel your pain :( My nails are growing so long at the moment that I have taken to using nail clippers on them rather than filing them as it takes a bloody age. Anyway I was opening the campervan door yesterday when my thumbnail bent right back past the bit where it joins your skin, and snapped off. It was agony and is still smarting today :(

neas wrote: »
    Hey guys, we are visiting Midwife at 24+3 Weeks tomorrow. A friend of my wifes said they should do a blood test or something.. but i can't see anything in the literature.

What tests should we expect our midwife to conduct? Reason I ask is, i've had to prompt her to do certain things like urine checks before. So i want to make sure she covers everthing she should.

I think next blood test is usually 28 weeks to recheck blood type.

Well I went to GPs again this morning about my bad back and they haven't even put my physio referral through yet :mad: I know it's only been 3 days but when you are in pain and can't sleep for it it feels like 3 months :( I have been signed off sick for 2 weeks, but hopefully it will clear up before then and I can go back sooner.

My sore foof seems to have disappeared again and GP wasn't overly concerned, in fact he looked a bit disgusted and said it would just be due to the things down there all stretching. Think he was a bit worried I was going to ask him to take a peek!

Day 3 of the builder and hopefully the last day. As I type he is up there jumping on the bedroom floor like an elephant with clogs on at a discoo. I'm sure he is going to come through the ceiling and land on me :eek:

Having lots of baby kicks and movements today so pleased that yesterday's baby duvet day appears to have been a one off!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 August 2011 at 1:03PM
    Options
    well you could be luckyy like me Womble in which case you will do 3 referrals.. wait 23 WEEKS and the get the appointment days muddled with everything else going on so not get there anyway.

I cant even sit on the loo now.. this is when my kidneys got really bad last time.

They do FBC at 28 weeks as well as grouping
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    Options
    Thats quite scary - Says I will put on 2 stone 2lb!! I think i might go cry lol

I dont have a thyroid lol :) Do you get the same drilled into you about your weight? I assume your on Levothyroxine? (shouldnt really assume should i . . .)

yes im on levothyroxine hun.

to be honest im not really that bothered about my weight, im too tired to care lol

will do something about it soon when the babies born, x
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Lynn11
    Lynn11 Posts: 674 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya re weight Im 25weeks+2 and I have put on 12lbs so far. Last pregnancy 4 years ago I put on 4 stone but lost about 2 stone after baby born and settles down. I think that 2-2.5stone is roughly correct but try not to worry.

Been at hospital all morning as had a small bleed last night and had to get bloods taken and then get Anti D jag - had to hang around for this. Rubbish day as not stopped raining. Off out shortly with DD to library for silly sports events so picking her up early from nursery.

Hope the rest of you are all coping ok. I wish the rain would stop now and flood alerts would disappear - live in the central belt of scotland.
    MFIT T2 Challenge - No 46
    Overpayments 2006-2009 = £11985; 2010 = £6170, 2011 = £5570, 2012 = £1290
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    I'm confused. If baby is 2/5ths engaged does that mean that he's very far down or only a little bit down?
  • twi1ight
    twi1ight Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    Only a bit Winnie. 2/5 is in your pelvis and the midwife can feel 3/5. Mine was 1/5 engaged at 31 and 34 weeks but is now free again.
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    Cool, thanks Twilight! I'm sure pregnancy was less complicated 10 years ago - it seems to be jargon, jargon and more jargon this time around!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Winnie.. did you moan the MWs ears off??? lol
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    I've moaned to anyone that'll listen today Pigpen lol!! Even the receptionist (who I swear was a pitbull in a previous life) got an ear bashing while I was waiting to moan at the midwife!

Sorry to go on about it, but is 2/5ths palpable the same as 2/5ths engaged? Bloody jargon....

*Winnie hobbles off moaning to herself coz she's bored everyone else to tears*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure