MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    Ok - im throwing a preggy hissy fit

SOMEONE GET ON THE FLIPPING SCALES AND LET ME KNOW!!!! :o

lol

:rotfl: don't worry Mimi - I would have though 9lbs at 20 weeks is about right, but I will ask the midwife to weigh me at my appt this morning, just for you :p
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone . Almost composed myself. Broke down to my community midwife and she coming out to do bp I a bit. I really don't want to go back to hosPital.

It really gets worse the way I was spoken to. Yea this may be my 4th pregnancy but all This pain is new to me. I felt so humiliated I just wanted to get home in the ends". I'd rather be at home in pain then sat lonely in a room to afraid to ask the staff for help.
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Options
    Hi- i weighed myself just over a week ago (20 weeks) and had put on 12lbs so far.

keely.
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
  • boat_girl
    boat_girl Posts: 462 Forumite
    Options
    JCR16, that is really horrible and to be treated like that is not going to help your blood pressure at all. Sometimes I think hospital staff are so matter of fact and forget that us pregnant ladies are worried or scared and need to be treated a bit more gently. Try and take it easy today x
  • Lirin
    Lirin Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Jcr- ask everyone for help, plague them if you have to.... You shouldn't be at home, crying- are you alone? Is there anyone around for you? I'm at home for the next few hours, will be around if you need, laptop's always on.
    If the pain is new, get it looked at... You shouldn't have been made to feel bad, they could have been more understanding.
  • alison2020
    alison2020 Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    jcr16 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone . Almost composed myself. Broke down to my community midwife and she coming out to do bp I a bit. I really don't want to go back to hosPital.

It really gets worse the way I was spoken to. Yea this may be my 4th pregnancy but all This pain is new to me. I felt so humiliated I just wanted to get home in the ends". I'd rather be at home in pain then sat lonely in a room to afraid to ask the staff for help.

JCR, you poor thing. How distressing to be treated like that. *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG*
    Good that the community midwife is coming round. Can you get any friends or family round to give you a bit of moral support, and accompany you to hospital (if you need to go) if your DH isn't around?
    As I'm still in grumpy mode I'd be finding out that midwife's name and on the phone today complaining about her (or getting someone to do it for me). I'm pretty sure nurses need a VERY good reason to over-rule a Doctor's opinion. Hope your day gets better!

Regarding pregnancy weight, I'm 33 weeks and am 9lb heavier than week zero. However i lost 10lb in the first trimester (wonderful morning sickness). Which was when Dr first weighed me so she thinks I'm eating excessively as on the chart i've gained a stone and a half. I know I'm going to gain at least a pound a week from now on, so i might gain 2 stone in total from the 3 month stage, but i don't think that's too bad? I've even had the courage to go swimming these last few weeks: the weightlessness far out-weighs my normal embarrassment at being seen in a swimsuit (I'm size 18 so not a pretty picture - but hey ho, there's no mirrors in the swimming pool so as long as i don't see myself, I can cope)
    First Baby born January 2007
    Second Baby born September 2011 :j
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh my goodness... I think my right hip is broken and my leg hanging off.. I cant sit on the loo or stand or walk or breathe.. All OHs fault for leaving cardboard for me to slip on last night..

jcr... I am sorry to hear you are upset.. make sure you complain to the community MW when she comes out. I wouldnt have even rang her I would have waited until they contacted me or just stayed upset until the end.. I am stubborn beyond the realms of all reason at the best of times.

Winnie.. I am still as miserable as sin as well.. in capable of anythingbut moaning.. I blame the pain I am in.. and then the MW and physio for not doing the referral 23 weeks ago like they should have. I am really truggling today.. so Ive loaded washing machines and hung out laundry and dashed about like a nutter lol... All necessary stuff which noone else will think to do but it doesnt help.

New windows going in right now.. I have 2 frames and 2 to be done. 1 being the large ba which is being done tomorrow :D .. so.. I need to empty the back room today.. which involves a large wooden rocking horse and a dining table and chairs.. and the rabbits.

I spectacularly broke a nail today.. moving a full bag of sand.. lol

Food and food and maybe some washing shuffling on the cards then I can start clearing the back room.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    :rotfl: don't worry Mimi - I would have though 9lbs at 20 weeks is about right, but I will ask the midwife to weigh me at my appt this morning, just for you :p

Good!!! (Thank you!! :j)
    keelykat wrote: »
    Hi- i weighed myself just over a week ago (20 weeks) and had put on 12lbs so far.

keely.

Ah Thanks for letting me know Keely

I'm just worried about putting the weight on. So frustrating (and heartbreaking)

Yes - I know how daft I sound! Before my thyroid was removed and I had just had DD i was 14 stone :eek: - After the operation and balance of Meds I got down to 11ston 2 size 10. OH moved in and I balanced weight at 11 stone 7 - 11 stone 9 (He was over feeding me lol) :rotfl:

Doctors told me I was "too big" at 11 stone 9 and to watch my weight which is why I'm not worried (Plus I dont want to have to diet TOO much after birth!)

I thought 9lb was a lot ? I read somewhere to expect to put a stone on? Maybe I've got that wrong?
  • *Twinkle*
    *Twinkle* Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    awww JCR, sending you huge hugs, dont ever be afraid to ask for anything from the MW, they are there to help you, even with !!!!!! attitudes, it's their job!!!!
    i honestly dont think i'm gonna last another 23 days til my due date, so today i am going to pack my bag, and write out an idiots guide for the OH in regards to my daughters medication, meals, injections and blood tests, i wish i had more confidence in him but as you all know,only a mum can look after her child better than anyone else. i know it sounds daft but ive even thought about asking for a section, just so i can plan everything down to the hour and have her brought to me for me to deal with, instead of worrying about her through possibly hours of labour, oh i dont know, i'm a total stress head today!
    Skint, but happy (ish):p
  • Winnie_in_Pooh
    Options
    Big hugs JCR, I'm so sorry you're being treated so awfully - please make sure you get hubby to complain. I hope the community mw looks after you better xxx

I'm just back from the midwife, and to be honest I'm worried. Baby's head is 2/5 engaged (at 31 weeks, is this normal/ok?), my blood pressure is high and I'm getting headaches with flashing lights. She's started talking about pre-eclampsia. So I'm a bit scared because I don't really understand what all that means.

Baby is back to back too which probably explains the increased pain. My iron levels are fine though, best she's seen for ages apparently, so at least I'm doing something right.

With all that I forgot to ask her to weigh me I'm afraid Mimi and I don't have scales at home, but its safe to say I'm a bit of a heiffer. 2 stones so far in this pregnancy and a total of 4 stones with my first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure