🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE Pregnancy Club 22

Options

Comments

• *Twinkle*
    *Twinkle* Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for all the chatter about babies being back to back, i asked about this a couple of times the other day but no one seemed to answer.

seems i'm another one who is going to be spending a fair bit of time on all fours, with no more laying on the sofa:(

welcome to the b2b club, and heres hoping our bubbas turn, how far are you? x
    Skint, but happy (ish):p
  • Wonder_Womble
    Options
    I think the best birth plan you can have is "get it out of me quickly and safely, gimme some toast and a coffee then let me sod off home" :D

Love it, that sounds like my birth plan :D

Little quirkyness for you - I've just had a snack . . . . Raisins, peanuts and salad cream lol

That is a truly revolting concoction :D

jcr16 wrote: »
    I've got A/N tomoz i did text to see if midwife could do it today but i don't think she's working, as i also text fri a question and no reply. so good job i'm not dying or in labour,lol.

That sounds exactly like my midwife, she only actually responds when I get OH to text or leave a voice mail for her :mad:
  • little_angel_2
    Options
    *Twinkle* wrote: »
    welcome to the b2b club, and heres hoping our bubbas turn, how far are you? x

i'm 35 +3, so hopefully it'll turn. although i'm not sure we're completely back to back, i think my little one maybe on it's side judging by the foot i keep getting in the side.

does anyone else with a back to back baby not get kicked in the ribs, or is that just because i'm carrying quite low?

puzzled - no probs about it not being seen, i'm just glad i've got an answer :)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi there, i ve mainly been a lurker as it was my daughter who was having the baby not me lol. She was due on the 29th of July but went in for an induction Sunday night at 9 and finally had to have a c section about 8 30 this morning. Talking of back to back he was the right way all along then must have changed and he got stuck or wasn t progressing. She did really well though but had to settle for a c section in the end which was rather worrying for me at home lol. His names Riley Matthew and was 8lbs 13ozs and he s lovely. :)
  • *Twinkle*
    *Twinkle* Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    i'm 35 +3, so hopefully it'll turn. although i'm not sure we're completely back to back, i think my little one maybe on it's side judging by the foot i keep getting in the side.

does anyone else with a back to back baby not get kicked in the ribs, or is that just because i'm carrying quite low?

puzzled - no probs about it not being seen, i'm just glad i've got an answer :)
    i'm also not sure if mine is totally b2b, i seem to get alot of kicks to the side and it feels as tho her body is the other side to the kicks, if that makes sense, so her spine is along my side, she is very active so i hope she'll move but to help her along i'm gonna do less dossing on the sofa an try an move my bum abit more, lol.:D
    Skint, but happy (ish):p
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    Sequeena wrote: »
    Thomas Emlyn :)

He's not as jaundiced as he looks. Levels last night were 156 :)

Finally getting the hang of breast feeding. So in love :)

Hes a frog! So is mine.

I didn't sleep last night I was in tears because he wouldnt feed. Because he wasn't able to latch on at the birth as I was on an iv and stuff and in "trouble" he hasn't learnt. And now when he gets to the nipple he falls asleep..hes just comfortable and likes the smell.

Midwife says he should be fine when my milk comes in because its easier for the milk to come out so he will know the nipple is food. Whereas the nipple isn't food at the moment because it takes ages to get out and he doesn't know to suck.

Odd thing is, he isn't hungry.....at all....when I gave him the half an oz I had expressed he drank it very fast. But then was like, "No more? Oh I'll go back to sleep"

He doesn't wake up for hunger..

anyone else have a baby or had a baby that doesn't seem to be hungry or understand the breast initially? Please don't let me have a really odd baby
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
  • sarahevie
    sarahevie Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Options
    Both of mine did't feed for days.

With DD1 I was told to wake her, I then had sleeping issues for 14 months as she was used to being woken for feeds. With DD2 I ignored this advice and she fed every 5 hours or so, but did put on weight. DD1 lost initially.

Breast feeding is hard, DD1 wouldn't latch on, I was torn to shreds. Dreading feeds. Then at two weeks after a midwife unhelpfully latched her on 'rugby ball' absolutely shredding me in the process. I expressed every feed for three weeks, so I could recover. Then at 5 weeks plucked up the courage to get her back on.

She never ever had formula even in the worst days. Think it helped keep my supply up, I think that if I'd have given in to formula I wouldn't have breast fed. She was exclusively fed for the first 6 months, both mine were. DD1 stopped breastfeeding at 14 months, DD2 about 10 months.
    OPs so far £42,139
    Original end date Nov 2037 (53) Current end date June 2024 (40) Aiming for 5 years to be Mf
    DD1 Oct 2008:), DD2 Jul 2010:), DD3 Aug 2013:)
    When life is getting me down I try to remember to thank God for the blessings
  • Apricot
    Apricot Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2012 at 9:30PM
    Options
    anyone else have a baby or had a baby that doesn't seem to be hungry or understand the breast initially? Please don't let me have a really odd baby

just lurking, DD was like that for pretty much the first week. Sh was jaundiced which was part of the problem but I was told to wake her every 3 hours to breastfeed. Stripping her down to her nappy to get her to initially wake up and then when she fell asleep at the beast use a wet wipe on the soles of her feet to wake her again.

MW said a lot of newborns don't wake to eat so it's important that you wake them regularly as otherwise they lose too much weight.
    :happylove DD July 2011:happylove

Aug 13 [STRIKE]£4235.19[/STRIKE]:eek: £2550.00 :cool:
  • twi1ight
    twi1ight Posts: 485 Forumite
    Options
    Congeatulations emerald. Sounds like along and worrying ordeal for you. Enjoy being a grandparent.
  • abby1234519
    abby1234519 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Options
    sarahevie wrote: »
    Both of mine did't feed for days.

With DD1 I was told to wake her, I then had sleeping issues for 14 months as she was used to being woken for feeds. With DD2 I ignored this advice and she fed every 5 hours or so, but did put on weight. DD1 lost initially.

Breast feeding is hard, DD1 wouldn't latch on, I was torn to shreds. Dreading feeds. Then at two weeks after a midwife unhelpfully latched her on 'rugby ball' absolutely shredding me in the process. I expressed every feed for three weeks, so I could recover. Then at 5 weeks plucked up the courage to get her back on.

She never ever had formula even in the worst days. Think it helped keep my supply up, I think that if I'd have given in to formula I wouldn't have breast fed. She was exclusively fed for the first 6 months, both mine were. DD1 stopped breastfeeding at 14 months, DD2 about 10 months.
    Apricot wrote: »
    just lurking, Lily was like that for pretty much the first week. Sh was jaundiced which was part of the problem but I was told to wake her every 3 hours to breastfeed. Stripping her down to her nappy to get her to initially wake up and then when she fell asleep at the beast use a wet wipe on the soles of her feet to wake her again.

MW said a lot of newborns don't wake to eat so it's important that you wake them regularly as otherwise they lose too much weight.

Thank you both thazts helpful! Aslong as I know that he will latch on eventually that just because he doesn't now doesn't mean he NEVER will :)

And any tips you want to give me won't go astray, might want to inbox me though it depends on whether I'm on tonight or tomorrow as Fluffy is driving up :DDDDDD
    Money money money.

Debt
    Dec 2016: [STRIKE]£25,158.71[/STRIKE] £21,999.99

#28 Pay off debt in 2017 £3803.55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts