655 replies 55K views

Replies

• edited 7 June 2011 at 11:41PM
    Kwaker_KnackerKwaker_Knacker Forumite
    98 Posts
    edited 7 June 2011 at 11:41PM
    m0j00 wrote: »
    here is a link to onlive saver 10

I'm on this plan and when I've read thru the pdf (thanks for the link btw), I found this:

5.8 If
    we increase the price or vary other terms of the Agreement to your significant

disadvantage
    wewill notify you of that increase or variation by giving you at least
    30 calendar days’ notice before the date the increase or variation takes effect. If
    you do not accept the increase or variation you are entitled to end the Agreement

by giving us notice to end the Agreement, at any time prior to that increase or
    variation taking effect. If y
    ougive us that notice, the increase or variation will not
    take place. However the increase or variation will come into effect if, within 15

Working Days of
    you giving that notice to us, we do not receive notification

through the relevant supply industry processes that another
    Gas Supplier will
    begin to supply the
    Premiseswithin a reasonable period of time after that notice
    has been given by you.

Does anyone know if this means I can change supplier without incurring the penalty for switching? Or have I got it all wrong??
    Thanks.

Edit: The copy and paste hasn't worked too well there, but when I try to delete the gaps, it just goes back like this. Sorry folks.
    Mortgage Paid Off 5th October 2013
    Back on with £71,000 July 2014
    Current Balance £58402
  • loobs40loobs40 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Just switched to a one year fixed rate with EON. Looking at the figures I will be about £45 worse off in the next year, but hopefully I will save overall by fixing quickly before the price rises
  • FrogletFroglet Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on this plan and when I've read thru the pdf (thanks for the link btw), I found this:

5.8 If
    we increase the price or vary other terms of the Agreement to your significant

disadvantage
    wewill notify you of that increase or variation by giving you at least

30 calendar days’ notice before the date the increase or variation takes effect. If

you do not accept the increase or variation you are entitled to end the Agreement

by giving us notice to end the Agreement, at any time prior to that increase or

variation taking effect. If y

ougive us that notice, the increase or variation will not

take place. However the increase or variation will come into effect if, within 15

Working Days of

you giving that notice to us, we do not receive notification

through the relevant supply industry processes that another

Gas Supplier will

begin to supply the

Premiseswithin a reasonable period of time after that notice

has been given by you.

Does anyone know if this means I can change supplier without incurring the penalty for switching? Or have I got it all wrong??

Thanks.
    Edit: The copy and paste hasn't worked too well there, but when I try to delete the gaps, it just goes back like this. Sorry folks.
    I'm in the same position with the online 12.Have just worked out exactly how much they are going to increase and it is WAY more than 10% and 19% becuase the crafty so and sos have obviously changed the discounted rate to the minimum they advertise,at 2% whereas we must have been getting about 5% or more.

I bet there is NO way they will let us go to another supplier without charging that penalty.I am kicking myself for not signing up elsewhere with a fixed but at the time,when the online fixed rate ended back in february this was the best deal.Wondering whether to ride it out until it ends next February then look around.Trouble is i have changed three timnes before and find Scottish Power to be the best website,easy to use and contact.

If you are on the online 10,surely that will finish soon and you won't be tied in any more?
  • I'm on the "Online Capped Price Energy September 2011" tarrif presently. So following the news I thought I'd see what my options were.

Shame that the web content managers are inept enough to have left test and unpublished pages where the "useful" information should be!

Since this is my first post I can't post URL's so:

Go to Scottish Power .co.uk

Click "Existing User"

Click "Energy Products"

Click on Find out more on any of the deals and you'll get dev servers, or pages with with only the phrase "Page Titleeee"

Thanks Scottish Power for providing me with necessary tools and information to make an informed decision!!
  • RHYSDADRHYSDAD Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    TBH i think we can all scrabble around trying to find the 'cheaper' deals like scraps thrown from the Energy cartels proverbial table but, let's be honest, the only way to save any money is just not to use as much....A very real problem will be the elderly and poverty stricken having to choose between eating and heating. A travesty in a modern 'civilised' world.....
    "Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."

Chinese Proverb

2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    cifpower wrote: »
    I joined SP last October on Online Energy Saver 11.

Calucalting ex VAT:

Primary Electricity +22.5% (16.699p to 21.558p)
    Secondary Electricity +32.3% (7.216p to 10.664p)

Primary Gas +55% (4.865p to 7.541p)
    Secondary Gas +24.5% (2.777p to 3.457p)

This is frightening to me!

Me too.But at least you will be finished with it sooner than me,next Feb for me.And my rates are even higher than yours.How on earth do they justify these percentages, even taking into account just giving us 2% discount as advertised as the minimum?
  • RaiderHammerRaiderHammer Forumite
    678 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Perhaps everyone should look at other options. They deserve to lose all of their customers now. Then they can push stupid price increases like that on all their customers, all none of them.

Cameron and the watchdog needs to take a serious look at these companies, they all need to be investigated now.
  • page3page3 Forumite
    73 Posts
    cifpower wrote: »
    I joined SP last October on Online Energy Saver 11.

Calucalting ex VAT:

Primary Electricity +22.5% (16.699p to 21.558p)
    Secondary Electricity +32.3% (7.216p to 10.664p)

Primary Gas +55% (4.865p to 7.541p)
    Secondary Gas +24.5% (2.777p to 3.457p)

This is frightening to me!
    And me now!!

Yourp ost prompted me to site down and work out my figures, and I've come up with:

Online Energy Saver 12 (No Standing Charge)

Primary Electricity +36.02% (16.332p to 22.214p)
    Secondary Electricity +12.76% (9.472p to 10.681p)

Primary Gas +50.40% (5.067p to 7.621p)
    Secondary Gas +41.36% (2.476p to 3.500p)

50%!! Ouch.
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    RHYSDAD wrote: »
    TBH i think we can all scrabble around trying to find the 'cheaper' deals like scraps thrown from the Energy cartels proverbial table but, let's be honest, the only way to save any money is just not to use as much....A very real problem will be the elderly and poverty stricken having to choose between eating and heating. A travesty in a modern 'civilised' world.....

I agree.A lot of people have their heating up way too high when they could just put on extra clothing or move about a bit more! but elderly and vulnerable people feel the cold more,and as their heating allowance has been cut,and other benefits being heavily scrutinised,things can only get worse.

We hate the heat and never have it up higher than 20 degrees,usually manage on about 19.So i don't know how we are going to save much more.
  • The true reason for the price increase revealed!

'Scottish Power' are rebranding themselves 'ScottishPower'. New stencils on vans and ordering new stationery without the excess white space has to be paid for.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News