Replies

• elektraelektra Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    Nurby wrote: »
    Now I'm getting confused.

Elektra states "Gas is :

6.480 p for the first 670 kWh per quarter, and 2.756 p thereafter inc of vat"

Using a search engine I can find these prices on the Scottish Power site but they're noted "effective from 28th April 2011". Surely these have now been increased?

AND - if I start from SP's homepage I cannot see OES 14 being offered, there's a statement that there are no discounted deals at the moment. Yet OES 14 is not listed under "Previous Products" either.

Can anyone throw any light on any of these points?

OES14 has not increased which is why many people on this thread have moved to it.

I'm not sure on website ( have not looked) but existing customers have been able to transfer to it via a phonecall.

Prices I quoted above were taken from energyhelpline website.
  • thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    21.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nurby wrote: »
    Now I'm getting confused.

Elektra states "Gas is :

6.480 p for the first 670 kWh per quarter, and 2.756 p thereafter inc of vat"

Using a search engine I can find these prices on the Scottish Power site but they're noted "effective from 28th April 2011". Surely these have now been increased?

AND - if I start from SP's homepage I cannot see OES 14 being offered, there's a statement that there are no discounted deals at the moment. Yet OES 14 is not listed under "Previous Products" either.

Can anyone throw any light on any of these points?

OES14 was introduced in April when it was priced at 2% below the Standard Direct Debit rate at that time and has been specifically excluded from the price increases by SP, therefore prices are still at the April level.
    Someone else has mentioned above that OES14 is only being offered to current SP customers and not to new customers.

The only guarantee with OES14 is that it will be at least 2% below the Standard Direct Debit Rate so SP COULD decide to bring it up to the current Standard Rate less 2% whenever they wish.
  • NurbyNurby Forumite
    22 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for these replies. I did wonder about OES 14 possibly being available only to existing customers so, as an existing customer, I logged on to my account and requested to switch tariffs. Again OES 14 was not offered. Looks as though I'm forced to phone.
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm confused about all this OES 14 lark. I am on "Online Discounted Energy August 2011" - I don't know which "OES" number this is. As this will shortly expire I was offered "Online Discounted Energy March 2013" as the default discount deal to switch to, which I did. Again, I don't know what the "OES" number is for this - it does not appear to be OES 14 as this ends in August 2012. I didn't bother switching as, looking at comparison sites, SP was still the cheapest (or nearly the cheapest) for me even after the increase (and this was before BG's latest announced increase). So, what was I on, what am I moving to, and should I have called and asked for OES 14? BTW I am not entitled to any dual fuel deal as I don't have mains gas.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017.
  • MickyMicky Forumite
    359 Posts
    I don't condone what Thatcher did to our coal industry but it may well have turned out to be a saving grace in years to come.

Interesting that one ConDem MP/minister was saying the price rises were a good thing as we needed to stop burning carbon fuels. Well that's great news then;) but there is no alternative galloping over the hillside to save us.

There is absolutely no incentive for the suppliers to keep down prices. The y all say the "wholesale" price has gone up but who are their wholesalers?

And all the time the cash flows out of UK pockets to line foreign companies coffers.:o

A late reply! We had the world's best civilian nuclear engineers in the late 1960s, we have substantial coal reserves. The world's climate has always changed, it will continue to change long after mankind has shuffled off its last mortal coil. Whatever we do as a country has zero effect on carbon emissions on a worldwide basis, no-one has produced unequivocal evidence that increased levels of man-made CO2 leads to climate change, it wasn't that long ago that the scientific community were warning about an imminent ice age. For the UK, we need more nuclear power stations and Drax x 10. Otherwise we'll end up paying through the nose for light and heat ..... oh, wait, that's already happened. UK consumers are being mugged by the energy industry, the media, politicians, the green lobby and a large part of the scientific community.

A mild rant, but it needed to be said.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides