SAHM paying off debts slowly

Options

Comments

• slm6002
    slm6002 Posts: 3,719 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone know a cheap old fashioned camera film processor - just emptied the garage and sorted into his and mine.  Found an old camera with a film in it.  I would normally have taken it to asda but they took the photo department away last year i think it was.  I don't want to pay a fortune for something that might turn out to very random picture - not even sure where the camera came from.  But cant not develop it lol.
    Feel as if ive achieved great things in the garage and cant wait for his half to be emptied at the weekend.  I can then move things around so we can get to everything without climbing over other things.
    Have decided photos will still go ahead on saturday (i wondered if i should be getting on the market after OH's outburst on Sunday) and if he doesnt sign it at least we will have pictures for when i own the house and then i put it up for sale.
    Me, DD1 18, DS 16, DD2 13, Debt Free 04/18, Single Mum since 11/19
  • slm6002
    Options
    Just taken rubbish to tip and realised today is not thursday and is in fact wednesday.  The tip is not open on a wednesday and my slot is not until tomorrow.  Oh well it was a drive in the car lol
  • slm6002
    Options
    Sitting here waiting for OH and one of our friends to turn up and empty the garage of all of his stuff.  Not even sure when they are coming as all he said to DD was AM rather than PM.  I haven't seen the friend since i told him me and OH were no more and he defended him for what he did.  I don't really want to see him as he was very clear on whose side he was on.  I did hope he wouldn't pick sides but there we go.  The garage is all sorted so it is just a case of telling him which end is his and informing him he doesn't need to go across the imaginary line and search through my bits. I have that feeling in my stomach like i do when i am waiting in the dentists waiting room.  I know it will be worth it once all his rubbish has gone, just need my brave face on and get on with it.  Estate agent didn't turn up yesterday after all to take photos due to unforeseen circumstances, so i will need to reschedule this at some point.  At least i found out about it before too much cleaning had happened, although bedrooms, bathrooms and lounge were done.  Also the kids weeded the garden.  With the garage being cleared it also gives us more ability to store things out of the house and declutter before selling.  Houses are being sold really quickly around here and it worries me that it will sell before finance consent order signed and then OH will want more.  Saying that i still want to move and make use of the no stamp duty, but from the looks of it Christmas might be the earliest the financial consent is agreed by the courts according to the divorce people due to the big backlogs. Will keep thinking and at least the sun is out today.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could they not get him to sign something in the interim? 

Hope it all goes painlessly and you just end up with less crap to sort out. I expect the estate agent didn't come because the rain. They want sunny pictures xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • slm6002
    Options
    Thank you.  They are here now with 2 cars and i am thinking how stupid not to have borrowed a works van as he knows how much rubbish is in there.  But never mind - they will just need to make several trips i guess.  As kids were having a lie in it was the first time OH has actually had to come to the door since he left us.  He wouldn't look at house and just faced garden - very strange i guess for him.  He moaned again about not having time off now as cant afford to, but i kept polite.  Perhaps i should suggest he gives up smoking to pay the extra few pounds a week.  Told him his stuff was his end and i would get the stuff already stored for the move at my dads ready for him to take back next weekend too.  All very polite, but he was in earshot of friend so would be putting on niceness lol.  I haven't put kitchen blind up so i can sort of see whats going on without them seeing me looking at them.  Lots of standing round talking so far.
    I wish there was something he could sign in the interim, but everything i have heard so far is saying until the consent order is signed nothing is for certain.

• slm6002
    Options
    OK the garage is clear of all of his rubbish, so tomorrow i will get in there and arrange our things so we have easy access to things.  Feel much better once he had gone - how times have changed.  He told the kids he wouldn't be able to afford to get them bday or xmas gifts, or takeaway anymore when they come over as i was taking all of his money.  This was at the same time as offering them expensive branded crisps! Luckily the kids know how much extra a week it is and know if he curbed his bad spending habits it would be very easy to find.
    Right i am going to go prepare the veg ready for roast later on and then might go take some pictures of empty garage lol  
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did he say that rubbish in front of his friend? What an idiot. I'd be tempted to say "Oh that's OK - I'm buying them double the amount as I'm swimming in cash". Or "well you never have bought them presents - its always been me anyway"

How nice to be free of some more rubbish. Xxxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    My ex husband has said a similar thing in the past. He hasn’t seen the kids in nearly two years and in that two years hasn’t bought them any birthday or Christmas presents. He actually had the nerve to say to my eldest that the money he gives me for maintenance has to cover presents as well. Err no, it covers the roof over their heads, the food, the electricity, the gas, the water, any clubs they go to. 

Men can be such idiots. 
  • slm6002
    Options
    He made the comments after his friend had gone, and yes in the 15 years of buying gifts for the children, he has not known any of the gifts until they have opened them lol.  The children are not stupid and they really do know whats going on.  I have been careful not to bad mouth them, but they have been learning about the benefits and the mortgage applications etc.  I dont think it is doing them any harm learning to budget, save for things and buying houses.
  • slm6002
    Options
    Just been in the garage and it makes me smile.  After about 14 years i have a garage with garage things in it.  I can walk one end to the other.  The beach toys are in there, the scooters are in there  and there is still room.  I have a large wooden sleigh bed in there that i misjudged the size of.  I need to get that on fleabay tomorrow, so need to make it up and take some photos, then hopefully i can make some money and clear it even more.  Also have 2 large boxes of charity shop bits i need to deliver.  After those bits have gone it will look great in there
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure