We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• philjarrah
    Options
    There is a snag. You will only get the free postage on a piggy back of the book, if you buy from Amazon. If the item comes from one of there associate sellers you pay postage on that item.
  • savvykaz
    savvykaz Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    HI - I have just placed my order and the book was still available
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • flossy_splodge
    Options
    hAVE JUST PLACED MY ORDER FOR THE hELLMANS BOOK AND ALSO A dvd SET i WANTED ANYWAY AND NEARLY ORDERED LAST NIGHT(!) AND DELIVERY IS £0.00 FOR ALL. yIPPEE.
    So is still working. Despatch date shown as 12th Dec. FIne, still OK for Xmas. Thanks Martin and others for posting it was still around.:T
  • angelaw1066
    Options
    Thanks for that great tip I wanted to order a dvd & cd and my order came to £14.00 and now I have free delivery:j
  • laurmurph
    Options
    I tried this this morning but the only free delivery i can get is £1.34 off the postage of either first class or express delivery - in other words i can get free delivery on the Hellman's book itself, but not on the other item - a cd that is costing about £1.50 to send first class.
    Oh well, Amazon must have got wind and put a stop to this.
    Still, it's a free Hellmans book but only worth it to add to an order over £15 for free, but slow, delivery.
    laurmurph
  • laurmurph
    Options
    Ariadne wrote:
    My usual way of guaranteeing free delivery from Amazon is to find a few books that aren't published and have a "to be published" date a number of months away..

Add them to your order.

If your order value is > £15.00 you will get free delivery, even if they can't deliver stuff to you yet, but everything that IS available won't cost you delivery.

BUT (and this is important!) if you don't actually want the books that aren't published yet, remember to remove them from your order once you've received the items you DO want :)

~~~~~~~

Don't Amazon hold on to the books that are published and wait to post all together? do you have to pay extra for posting 'as items are available'? There are lots of 'not yet published' books I want but I was afraid to add them to an order in case it held the whole order up!
    laurmurph
  • sandra_hesketh
    Options
    after several e-mails backwards and forwards to Amazon they are still insisting I pay postage of 2.75 on Hellmanns book.
    looks like they don't read moneysaver!!!
    Sandra
  • adadibhai
    Options
    Tried to order lots of things today and get express post by adding the reciepe book too (it had worked before). For some reason they still were charging for express and first class post so i had to resort to the free delivery. Is the offer still open or is it because they maybe out of stock?
    AD
  • dbrooks19
    Options
    Wow, i managed to get a tip posted in the weekly newsletter! Hope the information helped everyone.....
  • whistler-alison
    Options
    Sadly they would only knock 59p off the postage bringing the order total to £6.74 (3.99 for the thrifty ways book and 2.75 postage). But if I took the Thrify Ways book off the order I got the Hellman's book completely free by express delivery. So it seems that Amazon have got wise to the loophole. But at least I got a free Hellmans book, so not so bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport