Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• competitionscafe
    Options
    Amazon sent me an e-mail saying that there was a problem with my credit card and I needed to enter an alternative card number - I did this and £32 in delivery charges were added to the order. :( Have now cancelled the entire order (spent ages on Monday doing my Xmas shopping). So watch out that massive delivery charges are not added to your order retrospectively. :( Will now have to go and do my Xmas shopping elsewhere. I think this is a bit out of order by amazon when Martin had checked with them and they had said they were okay with the loophole. :(
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Jelicho_Kitsune
    Options
    Egg-sell-ent! -_^ (Egg: Sandwiches... Sell: the.... oh you get it!!!) *groans*

Got me Dad's final christmas pressie using this! Cheers Martin! I used Super Saver Delivery with it for a great saving!!

NOTE: My initial balance was £15.96, and I selected Super Saver Delivery after entering the code... it worked then. The book, the DVD and the delivery just for the price of the DVD.. which I would have ordered anyway!
    MSE has helped me: clear my credit cards, wipe my overdrafts and pay for my wedding....! (Aug 2007)
    :beer:

Green money-saver and matched-betting fan :rotfl:
  • colin_tomlinson
    Options
    I tried ordering Martin's book at the same time, but it didn't let me have free delivery, just discounted the "excess" and left £2.75 payable. Ordering the offer alone was competely free. I'm sure I'll be wanting something close to Christmas to make up the rest of the order.
  • AirCooledHeaven
    Options
    Didn't work for me. Put in the hellmans book plus another item for £4.99 and it actually tried to charge me £3.34 total postage, that's 59p delivery charge for the book. So it would be cheaper just to buy the item I wanted in the first place and pay postage.
  • eslick
    eslick Posts: 2,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    looks like the loophole has been closed, order two books yesterday which were instock yessterday and got the free delivery and came into and found that the items were no longer instock and when I reordered they just take the price of the book and 59p off delivery
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    eslick wrote:
    looks like the loophole has been closed, order two books yesterday which were instock yessterday and got the free delivery and came into and found that the items were no longer instock and when I reordered they just take the price of the book and 59p off delivery

Yes, pretty sure it's gone now.
    :rudolf:
  • madjohn
    madjohn Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Didn't work for me, either. Oh, well.
    :dance: That window's cracked on both sides!!
  • curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    same for me, looks like it's a 59p discount on delivery now for everyone :rolleyes:
  • CCCele
    CCCele Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    This is not working for me. Grouping items together, and using first class postage, it is saying postage is £3.34, and the free shipping removes only £0.59 of this.

However, if I remove the other item being ordered (a book), the postage is reduced to £2.75, and all of this is refunded.

So I'll just take the free book and buy the other book elsewhere.

And as they've stopped this, I'll probably use own brand mayo now instead of Hellmanns.
  • Torch
    Options
    looby75 wrote:
    Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that but don't you think that's taking advantage of the loophole a bit too much though :(

It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.

Taking advantage of a multi-million pound corporation - I won't sleep tonight crying my ickle eyes out. Mommy, mommy, hold me close, I logged onto the internet and a picture of a man looked at me. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure