We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• scope
    scope Posts: 764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They must have closed the hole as they only take 59p off postage when ordering with another item..
  • morg_monster
    morg_monster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    I used this tip to buy a £6.96 DVD, got the first class free delivery for both items, DVD arrived today but no sign of the hellmans book! According to Amazon, the two things were dispatched separately, the book on the 6th and the DVD on the 7th (how pointless!) so who knows where the book is. Oh well maybe it'll be here when i come back to work on Monday!
  • chiff
    chiff Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just ordered a book for £12.50 and it still allowed me to get the hellmann's book and postage free - I think you need to go over the standard charge (£15 I think) including the hellmann's book at the normal price of £5.99 in order to get the postage completely free. If you're just doing a small order it won't activate the free postage.
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered the Hellmans book and two other items on Wednesday and changed the delivery to Express, which would have cost £8.99, but cost £0.00 :D

The loophole was working and two of the items arrived on Thursday.

However, my third item is still showing as "Dispatching Soon", so I emailed them this morning to ask when this item would be shipped.

They have just emailed me to apologise for the delay and have REFUNDED me the £8.99 Express Delivery charge AGAIN, even though I didn't even pay it in the first place!!

So I will have got the book free, two other items costing £25 delivered free and a further £8.99 off :D:D:D
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Sky_Digiman
    Options
    I got my DVD Today, now for that book...
    the Money Saving Expert team do not moderate forums, so if you see something that shouldnt be here report it! :beer:
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    My friend ordered a game & Hellman's book on my account, according to my account the game was sent via Citylink for next day delivery & I've got the tracking number. I've been in touch with Citylink who say they have tried to deliver 3 times but no cards left & my friend was in on all 3 dates Citylink gave me. How do I contact Amazon to resolve this? Preferably via phone.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    amazon freephone number 0800 279 6620
  • mystical
    Options
    I've been in touch with Citylink who say they have tried to deliver 3 times but no cards left & my friend was in on all 3 dates Citylink gave me.

I find with Citylink its best to go down to the depot after two failed deliveries (or "failed" deliveries if you know what i mean)

This same thing happened to me a while back with Citylink (about a year ago), they "carded" me even though I was in all day and received no card or door bell ringing. I wrote to their head office basically slating their service and saying I had to go to the depot and do their job for them. They wrote back saying the regional manager has had a word with the depot and the driver will have a speaking to. Ever since then my local route driver hasnt tried to trick me :T
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    scope wrote:
    They must have closed the hole as they only take 59p off postage when ordering with another item..

Yeah it's definately gone now. Was going to order The Money Diet. Will probably buy it from Waterstones instead and have it delivered to store.
  • GandalfDDUK
    Options
    Still works so long as you choose the free super saver option for delivery. The £5.99 cost of the book comes off and postage is free.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport