We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• CCCele
    CCCele Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    looby75 wrote:
    Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that but don't you think that's taking advantage of the loophole a bit too much though :(

It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.

Either you know about it and take advantage, or you don't know about it and don't take advantage. Amazon have now closed the loophole. But people buying Hellmann's do not miss out on the free book, since you can still get the book free, if you order it on its own.

What Hellmann's want is people to buy their product and this book will be one big advertisement for it. I'm sure that some people that get the book will buy their mayo. Not only that, I'm sure they want to get people that don't currently buy their mayo to start buying it (as opposed to people that already buy it), and so allowing it to be spread on the web on sites like this will help their advertising.
  • evilwitch
    Options
    I had placed a pre-order for a single book and included this using the code. Just been on there and the postage has been added and the 59p taken off for the hellmans book. I'd placed this order on 1st December so it was well inside the loophole!

So its worth checking any outstanding orders seeing as this free postage loophole seems to have been closed retrospectively and the postage added on even though it was free at the time of ordering.
  • lisle
    lisle Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    i was going to do this yesterday; went to site & not having used amazon for some time, couldn't remember my password. i followed the instructions,received email with link and ended up in someone else's account!!!it's my email address but i have her name (same as mine) address (newcastle, i live in manchester) tel nr, previous orders & most alarmingly her switch details.

i rang amazon at 3.30 yesterday to tell them what had happened & they said they'd ring me back within 10 minutes. i'm still waiting for a reply. and i still have access to the account
    I'm in the £2.00 club! terramundi cracked open Christmas Day £748 :p Started a new one Boxing Day!
  • save4u
    save4u Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is still working, I have just bought a CD plus the Hellmans' book and they have dutifully deducted £5.99 for the book and given free postage as the totals exceed £15 before this deduction.
    Go for it if you need a single CD for example as Amazon can be cheaper on its base cost but more expensive than others (HMV, CD WOW) when postage is added.
    Yipeeeeeeee
    Save a Lert
  • DeadTall
    Options
    I was looking for 76p to fill an order and then found this - even better!! Ordered 2 books for Christmas presents, added the Hellmans book & code - hey presto, free delivery for £14.18!
    Thanks very much for the tip.
    :onervous but determined :o
  • rc3675
    rc3675 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    The free carriage option is gone, but the £5.99 from the hellmans book is still valid against your total order, meaning you only need £9.01 to get free delivery.

I'm getting the Hellmans book, both Martins books, and another £1.04 item (One Minute Bible for Starters) with free delivery.
  • boglin
    boglin Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered a book for a Christmas gift and the Hellmanns book with Express Delivery because of the estimated delivery date that I was being given on the items. The sandwich book was showing as a pre-order and I was prompted to split the delivery into separate deliveries as the books became available.

This morning I received an email telling me that BOTH books had been despatched by Special Delivery. While my account showed that I had been invoiced for 2 x £8.99 Express Delivery charges last night (both of which had been deducted last night), this morning the deliveries have been regrouped into one with a single charge of £8.99, which has been deducted. Hence it has cost me only for the gift book and not for the delivery or for the Hellmanns book.

I think that this fell into this category:

Option Two: deliver ordered items as they become available

Choosing this option on the order form means that each item you order will be dispatched as it becomes available. Your delivery charges will increase, but to save you money, we make an effort to dispatch items as soon as we obtain them while not making any more deliveries than necessary.

I am very pleased with this offer as I only just bought some new Hellmanns this week (in a squeezy container)!!! I might have to get another one and wrap it with the book for my student son!:rotfl:

Regarding the revised delivery charges to other customers this morning, this is what Amazon charge for regular delivery that does not fall into the SuperSaver category:

Books (includes audio books) 2.16 per delivery then an additional 0.59 per book.

I just re-read the terms and conditions of the free book offer and I cannot see anything about free delivery for that book; it simply tells you to select delivery option. Last night some customers got lucky, Amazon do say that they only charge upon despatch of order, so I suppose that enables them to adjust the delivery (it can work both ways of course).
  • tomthebomb
    Options
    looby75 wrote:
    Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that but don't you think that's taking advantage of the loophole a bit too much though :(

It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.

Once again the GREEDIES have killed the golden goose.
  • colin_tomlinson
    Options
    The 59p discount is the difference between £3.34 (the cost of delivery for the Helman's book and Martin's) - ie you're being left to pay the £2.75 on Martin's book.

However, if you order JUST the Helman's book in line with the offer, the P&P is discounted entirely.
  • Ariadne_3
    Options
    My usual way of guaranteeing free delivery from Amazon is to find a few books that aren't published and have a "to be published" date a number of months away..

Add them to your order.

If your order value is > £15.00 you will get free delivery, even if they can't deliver stuff to you yet, but everything that IS available won't cost you delivery.

BUT (and this is important!) if you don't actually want the books that aren't published yet, remember to remove them from your order once you've received the items you DO want :)

~~~~~~~

if you want stuff in the meantime, you can ADD to an existing order, if it's not been fully dealt with yet. I was still adding books to a January order in June and getting free delivery, because one of the books i'd ordered (one I DID want, though) wasn't published until August..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport