Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options
What's the deal?

Buy goods costing under £15 at Amazon and delivery usually costs around £2.75. Currently the lovely people at Hellmann's mayonnaise have provided us with a great loophole though...

It is giving 50,000 free recipe books (not a bad Xmas prezzie either) via Amazon and this includes free delivery (and some report free express delivery). And here's the twist, as you can opt to have things delivered together at Amazon, get this free book and other goods too, and they'll be delivered free as well; even if the whole purchase is under £15.

How to do this

To do this go to Hellmann's offer*, order the book, then order your other goods and at checkout enter the code HELLMANAMZN4 or HELLMANAMZN2. These codes comes from the side of its mayo jars; which importantly state no purchase necessary (see the terms and conditions).

There is only a limited supply this may run out very quickly

There are only fifty thousand of these books available and my suspicion is the whole lot will be gone by about Thursday lunchtime, so be quick and always check before clicking the payment that the delivery is actually free.

If its gone and you've only just received the e-mail, my apologies - it takes 16 hours to send (as its to 800,000 people), so sometimes this happens.

If you're spending nearly £15 a different way to get free delivery.

If you're close to the Amazon £15 limit, you can use the Amazon filler finder instead to find goods that will bring you free delivery and that way preserve this offer for others who need it.

So now you can save money saving money! ut hmm....

Now the new Thrifty Ways book is at £3.99 plus postage & packaging

Amazon's surprised me by offering my new Thrifty Ways book at £3.99, it gave no hint this was due (all my author proceeds go to the MSE Charity Fund) the same price as the Money Diet. Read about the books: Thrifty Ways & The Money Diet

Martin

PS. Thank you to all the posters who spotted this. For the sake of clarity and after discussions with Hellmans, I wanted to start an official post on it; yet I don't want to claim the credit for its discovery; its much appreciated.

threadbanner.gif

* Using these links helps the site stay ad-free and free to use, as they’re ‘affiliated links’ which invisibly take you via commercial price comparison services like Moneysupermarket or Find, which then pay this site per click. You shouldn’t notice any difference, the links don’t impact the product at all and the editorial line (the things I write) is NEVER impacted by the revenue. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link for the best product, it is still recommended and still included. For the sake of transparency go to amazon.co.uk for an unaffiliated link. Click on the following link for more details on how this site’s financed.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Fibabe
    Fibabe Posts: 520 Forumite
    Options
    This Helmans voucher can also be used to get next day delivery for free, saving around £8.99
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, express delivery seems to work for free as well!
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that but don't you think that's taking advantage of the loophole a bit too much though :(

It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.
  • stereobum
    Options
    Many thanks, purchased two pbks for my daughter which I couldn't get in WH Smith. And yes, the 1st class delivery worked for me too. What would I do without MSE?:j
  • Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also did this last week to get the keyboard and mouse.
    Darren
  • nads
    nads Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If this limited period offer runs out, the next best thing is to go to http://www.filleritem.com/uk.html to find very cheap items you can add to your basket to fill up your basket to £15 :)
  • startrekker
    startrekker Posts: 1,162 Forumite
    Options
    Dalkirst wrote:
    I also did this last week to get the keyboard and mouse.

Me too and loads others, bit late on this one Martin:money:
    :confused:I have nothing better to do!!!!:confused:
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yup, likewise!

Slow off the mark here Martin!

I could have sworn I'd seen it on here after I did it, so didn't post. Sorry for not posting and telling everyone! :-(
  • IanBroadhurst
    Options
    withabix wrote:
    Yes, express delivery seems to work for free as well!
    Me too! Thanks to one and all
    :beer:
  • cheeky
    cheeky Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    looby75 wrote:
    It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.

You dont really think Amazon create these loopholes for fun? Its an error!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure