Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    I think Martin took his time as he had to speak to Hellmans and Amazon about this and that takes time.

But if i were you i'd get in there fast as soon as this hits the 800,000 people they will be good within hours.
  • withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    Options
    Hey!

Martin is a VERY busy man these days. He probably doesn't have hours and hours to sit idly in front of his PC getting fat and lazy like us!

Offers like this need to be tried and tested and APPROVED to Martin by the supplier in order for Martin to risk a Tip.

Just like the (debatable MSE) Thresher offer, the insurance/gym membership, this offer and so on...
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and............... if you order Martin's book together with the Hellman's book you get both books post free :D:D.

If you go through nectar-stores.com you get triple nectar points atm too:D .
  • Cool-Breeze_3
    Options
    This also works on international deliveries!!

I am going to Japan next week and I ordered loads of stuff from Amazon.com and had them delivered to my work address in Tokyo. Saved myself over £45 and don't have to worry about taking all the books and stuff in my luggage.
    The three Hellmanns books might make a nice Christmas gift to friends over there.
    I am well happy - arigato gozaimasu, Amazon.com
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi folks,

Quite right this has been on the forums before (and you'll see i say so in my post). The reason this is late by me is I wanted to check the number that were left before including it in the tip to see how quickly it would go.

As for 'a loophole to far' actually Amazon are happy about it and Hellmans not too upset, as it gets their book distributed to a new group of people :)

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Martin,

Might be worthwhile adding to your post that it works for express delivery too, saving about £9.00....!
  • Hillfly
    Hillfly Posts: 672 Forumite
    Options
    You can only select express delivery if the value of your basket is under £15 including the book and does not qualify for free delivery (so therefore your other goods are 8.99 or less). Mind you works very well woth the £4.99 wireless keyboard and mouse from another post!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=317078&highlight=wireless+keyb

Post edited by MSE Andrea: Hi Hillfly, you had an image link in here that was causing problems for the page width. I've removed it as it was linking from your computer anyway so wouldn't have been displayed :)
    Fortune's always hiding, I've looked everywhere......
  • thetargetarcher
    Options
    Just ordered the 'Your Sandwich Made It book' along with two other books. Total was £18.17. Selected Express delivery and on the order page the total became £12.18 (£5.99 Hellmanns cost had been deducted; the express delivery £8.99 was added and subtracted) but I also used an Amazon £5 voucher I had so only ended up with a total bill for £7.18

I have received an order confirmation from Amazon and the items should arrive tomorrow!

Thanks for the information.
  • bisou
    bisou Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    This is fantastic! Thank you for the tip!!
  • showman36
    Options
    Hillfly wrote:
    You can only select express delivery if the value of your basket is under £15 including the book and does not qualify for free delivery (so therefore your other goods are 8.99 or less). Mind you works very well woth the £4.99 wireless keyboard and mouse from another post!!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=317078&highlight=wireless+keyb

That isnt true the express delivery works with everything I ordered something for £109.99 added the book and selected express delivery and it was free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure