Race Passion Van Conversions Llanelli Wales

Options

Comments

• johngbowman
    johngbowman Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 February 2012 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Not the case I have sent The Forum Team more than one email but for some reason they have not replied.
    MSE have removed a post on here so if they thought this was in the wrong place wouldn't they have said something ?

I have been under a lot of pressure over this problem and have been hitting my head against brick walls over the last few months trying to resolve this.
  • johngbowman
    edited 24 October 2011 at 6:35PM
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    So Mr Bowman, how's the court action going?
    Today I had confirmation that judgement has been given to me against the above.
    He asked the court for extra time to enter a defence.
    GUESS WHAT ???? He didn't contest.
    Two weeks ago in an email to me he said he would be contacting my solicitor to resolve this matter.
    GUESS WHAT ???? He hasn't.
    He now has three CCJ'S one for Liz Mortons bad build and two for not refunding deposits and more cases pending.
    He may build the best vans in the world but can you take the chance he won't do this to you ????
    I think this says it all about his business practices......
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi John,

Could you edit your post to remove the person's name please?

Your post as it stands breaks the forum rules (which I'll quote below for you) and, as such, the Forum Team are much more likely to delete it than edit it.

Forum_Team wrote:

forum_faqs_small_bubble.gifI posted a company director's name and address but it's gone, why?

Forum users should not post their or anyone else's personal details (full names, email addresses, home addresses or telephone numbers) on the forum or send them via PM (private message). This includes personal details found on public look-up sites such as Whois.com and Companies House.

Posters should also not harvest, collect or use information about others, including e-mail addresses.

Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • iski1966
    Options
    John, we too commissioned a van and conversion by 'Racepassion'. He followed the same MO, we paid the deposit (half of the total cost of the van and conversion) only accepted by bank transfer and then the excuses started.
    Issues with suppliers of the oven, taps, sink unit. Then injuries, broken leg, injured back prevented the 'team' from completing the build. Then two deaths in the family. His wife's illness also prevented completion of the conversion.....this went on and on until a final date for completion was given. Of course it wasn't completed so we took court action against both he and his wife, won our case and were awarded a full refund, costs and interest.

He refused to follow the order and pay so we engaged the bailiffs who collected all outstanding monies including their costs.

In the end after many months we recovered all of our money. This will not compensate for the stress that they have caused us but at least we didn't lose out. I guess reading other related posts we were lucky that we didn't actually get our van.

Good luck with your case, keep fighting and you will get there in the end.
  • johngbowman
    edited 30 September 2011 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Thanks iski for your support.
    I was starting to think I was by myself trying to fight this man and his company and let everyone know what could happen to them.
    You are correct this has been the most stressful time of my life, when if my van had been built could and should have been the happiest.
  • Caz13
    Options
    We have had problems and still are!! Johngbowman what do you need to know? Would NEVER go near them again and wouldn't advise anyone else to! Wish we had done our homework before forking out 20k :(
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Caz13 wrote: »
    Wish we had done our homework before forking out 20k :(
    What??

Are you telling us you didn't do your homework before spending £20,000?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    ???

I thought I saw this exact same post yesterday?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    ???

I thought I saw this exact same post yesterday?
    Yes, you did.

I suppose it is another way of keeping 'his' thread on the first page... lol.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    seriously fella - if you want the help of the power of MSE - you'll be polite and you'll post constructively.

If you keep telling people they are sad etc then this will not go in your favour. And this will go directly against what you are trying to achieve.

If I were you I'd learn to accept questions or discussions on this forum - its the purpose of the forum and the right of each poster -otherwise its you who ends up coming across badly to the membership.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure