Quick questions on Consumer Rights

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    niki_s_uk wrote: »
    Under the header of Returning To Store it says: products purchased online can be returned free of charge to selected Sainsbury’s stores.
    The key point there is "selected" and "participating" stores, therefore obviously not all stores.

No contradiction.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    niki_s_uk wrote: »
    I thought that but it is charged whether you send by mail or not - which I can understand the charge if you!!!8217;re using the Post Office but Click & Collect is usually free to receive and return as there isn!!!8217;t a 3rd party brought in.

Once you've returned them you'll know. Do please update us.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • thebetever
    Options
    Hi guys, I bought headphones from CEX but they accidentally sent me an incorrect inferior pair (but the same brand). I emailed them asking me to send out the correct items and they said that they would not do anything unless I returned the item to the post office first. I would have been happy to do this but I told them I wouldn't get to the post office for a week and politely asked if they could they send the correct item out in the meantime because it was their mistake and not mine. Anyway, long story short they will not send out my order or compensate me in any way for the inconvenience they have caused me. What are my options? Do my consumer rights cover this?
  • manuncrod77
    Options
    Hi, is a company that is registered in the Seychelles with premises in the UK from which they mail orders made on a website, and are registered at Companies House, say that they are not bound by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or any other UK rules. Many thanks in advance.

Derrick
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi, is a company that is registered in the Seychelles with premises in the UK from which they mail orders made on a website, and are registered at Companies House, say that they are not bound by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or any other UK rules. Many thanks in advance.

Derrick

In theory they should come under U.K. law but there could be exceptional circumstances, who is the company?
  • manuncrod77
    Options
    It's UK Teeth Whitening
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's UK Teeth Whitening

In what way is the UK company linked with the seychelles one? Depending on the set up, it may be entirely possible that they have no uk presence, despite having the appearance of a UK presence (like amazon).
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    thebetever wrote: »
    Hi guys, I bought headphones from CEX but they accidentally sent me an incorrect inferior pair (but the same brand). I emailed them asking me to send out the correct items and they said that they would not do anything unless I returned the item to the post office first. I would have been happy to do this but I told them I wouldn't get to the post office for a week and politely asked if they could they send the correct item out in the meantime because it was their mistake and not mine. Anyway, long story short they will not send out my order or compensate me in any way for the inconvenience they have caused me. What are my options? Do my consumer rights cover this?
    No they are not legally bound to send you out the correct ones without first getting the wrong ones back, you really think they should be? You must know the amount of people that would keep them both would make this impossible.

They will however have to cover the cost of your return but apart from that you are not entitled to anything else for a simple mistake.
  • chris.mac_2
    Options
    Hi

Online purchased electrical item -unused until day 15 when it was discovered to be faulty

contacted company -a return was agreed

they arranged/collected item free of charge

48hrs later they confirmed it was indeed faulty

refunded minus the original delivery- is this correct?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, you should be put back into the position you were in before making the purchase.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback