Quick questions on Consumer Rights

Options

Comments

• ellieb48
    Options
    Hi,

I recently bought an item from an online retailer at full price for £52, I've checked back on the site and the product is now £46 full price. Where do I stand on this can I get a refund on the difference?

Thanks!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ellieb48 wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently bought an item from an online retailer at full price for £52, I've checked back on the site and the product is now £46 full price. Where do I stand on this can I get a refund on the difference?

Thanks!

Prices change. They can go up or down that's just bad luck. If you are outside the timeframe to return the goods after deciding you don't like them there isn't much you can do.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks!

How recent is recent?

If the order hasn't been received yet, you could cancel it and re-order at the lower price.
    If you have already received it you could ask if they'll refund you the difference.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks!

Had it gone up to £58 would you be willing to offer them the difference?
  • JAMESAMO
    Options
    Hi, I hope this is the correct place to post this. Is anyone able to shed any light on what rights I have, if any, and whether or not a warranty still stands?
    I bought on credit card a refurbished mobile phone for my girlfriend's Christmas present December '17 from what seemed like a reputable company through Ebay. The phone had a year warranty. However on trying phone for the first time we discovered that it wouldn't connect to her network.
    I ended up sending the phone back at my cost for them to try and repair but after a week they had to replace the phone.
    2nd phone seemed fine but we quickly discovered the microphone didn't work during phone calls and I could barely hear her when she called me. She was able to overcome this problem by making calls on loudspeaker or by using Facetime. I messaged the company again to tell them of the fault and they asked me to send the phone back to them again so they could try and repair. It was a huge inconvenience the time before so I went back and forth saying how difficult it was to find a week to be able to do this. I even asked them if I could buy a new phone from them so once that was received I would send back the faulty one for a refund. I was told I couldn't get a refund on the first phone if I was to send back because it was over 30 days since I had originally purchased.
    To cut a long story short, because I thought it was a year warranty and at the time my girlfriend was able to survive with Facetime and making calls on loudspeaker, I only got in contact with them this week to say I was going to send the phone back for replacement or repair (it had been end Jan when I told them about the fault on the 2nd phone)
    They have since told me 'as it states in their ts&cs' their warranty is only valid if the phone is sent back to them 28 days after the fault is first reported and therfore there was nothing they could do.
    So do I have any rights? Because this is a refurbished (2nd hand) phone does that mean I have less entitlements than if it were brand new.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    James.
  • hsm49
    hsm49 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I ordered some replacement made to measure glass for a table top over the telephone 15 days ago, this was delivered yesterday and it is not at all what we had anticipated and we want to send this back. The returns policy states because its made to measure we cannot send this back but would this be classed as 'distance selling' as I didnt see the product before it was ordered and was going by what I was told over the phone by the expert?
  • IrishGypsy
    IrishGypsy Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

In May of 2016 we bought a new build from Bellway. Our AEG cooker hob has now stopped working and Respond Services won't repair it under warranty as they said it was a 2-year warranty (and that they'd need authorisation from AEG to repair it). Do we have any consumer rights (under the SAD FART rules or Limitations Act), to claim that 2-years and 2-months isn't a 'reasonable length of time' for a premium cooker hood to stop working?

I want to be clear before I email customer support.

Many thanks!
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    Options
    hsm49 wrote: »
    I ordered some replacement made to measure glass for a table top over the telephone 15 days ago, this was delivered yesterday and it is not at all what we had anticipated and we want to send this back. The returns policy states because its made to measure we cannot send this back but would this be classed as 'distance selling' as I didnt see the product before it was ordered and was going by what I was told over the phone by the expert?
    Unless you can prove it's mis-described and not what you ordered then you have no rights on custom made orders which this is.

Pretty difficult thing to prove when buying glass by description.
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    Options
    IrishGypsy wrote: »
    Hi,

In May of 2016 we bought a new build from Bellway. Our AEG cooker hob has now stopped working and Respond Services won't repair it under warranty as they said it was a 2-year warranty (and that they'd need authorisation from AEG to repair it). Do we have any consumer rights (under the SAD FART rules or Limitations Act), to claim that 2-years and 2-months isn't a 'reasonable length of time' for a premium cooker hood to stop working?

I want to be clear before I email customer support.

Many thanks!
    Warranties are additional to and not the same as consumer rights so you have no claim against AEG.

You will need to contact the seller, in this case it would be Bellway. If they say no then you need an independent expert to say why the product failed and whether it was inherent or not.
    Being faulty isn't enough it's why it's faulty that counts.
  • Eliboo0
    Options
    I bought a blouse on line from m and s. Wore once and washed. It now has lots of broken threads on the stripped bits of material. I took it to store, with receipt and photo of on line order ( has all photos of the things you ordered.). They refused refund as I had cut wash labels out. I always do this as you can see the through light coloured thin cloth and I had no intention of taking it back until it became faulty. I looked at reviews and I’m not the only one it happened to. What can I do. I am livid I paid money for something that is no longer wearable after one wear and wash.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback