PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make do and mend weekday on CH4

Options

Comments

• brownsauce
    brownsauce Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    i've just watched them all on 4od (seriously trying to avoid study :whistle: and i am very impressed.

it makes diy seem so much more accessible to anyone who hasnt a clue on how to do anything around the home i.e. me!

will definitely follow this series!
    Barclays: 3900/4200
    NatWest: 2350/2800
    10% paid off as of 5/1
  • Sweet_Pea_2
    Options
    I really enjoyed this series this week, can't wait for next week. Really liked the rugby club, at least they were just normal families. Much better programme than superscrimpers.
  • purpleheather2810
    Options
    I agree. I found this programme really inspiring and it was jam-packed with useful tips! Looking forward to next week's episodes...
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • Sconelover
    Sconelover Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds interesting... will have to check it out :cool:
    Professional Pennypincher.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    will have a look online later many thanks x
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just finishing watching the last show for this week.

I think it is very good. But find it strange that not many people are commenting on it.

Wonder if it is to with the broadcast time. Or the title of the thread. As it does not mention it is a TV series.

One thing that I thought was interesting was the shabby chic cake stands made with cs plates and glasses super glued together.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Programme called Make Do & Mend
    catch up with the programmes here:
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-do-mend/4od

I have to catch up online at the end of the week as never manage to watch 'live' and the programmes are not on iplayer
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Seakay wrote: »

I have to catch up online at the end of the week as never manage to watch 'live' and the programmes are not on iplayer

I am rather confused. As 4od have the programmes up minutes after the live broadcast.

I don't have a TV so it is the only way for me to watch.

Iplayer is the BBC own watch again service. 4od is channel 4's On Demand service.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Ida_Notion
    Ida_Notion Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    I enjoyed the programme more than usual this week, because it came from my home city and so I got a few free games of 'Spot the location' thrown in too, although the episode which featured offal brought back childhood memories of being expected to eat tripe and lava bread that I could have done without. This particularly yuksome combination used to show up on my plate fairly often during the seventies - every time I thought I'd managed to convince my dad that I hated it and so there was no point dishing it up anymore it would suddenly make another appearance. I've been fondly imagining that tripe had been outlawed on grounds of child cruelty :)

Those corsages have now been added to the list of 'Make Do And Mend' ideas that I can see myself having a crack at one day. I bet they'd make good hair decorations for on the beach etc. I did not know that you could get laminate paint for kitchen doors, and although I could've used this info in the past I can't at the moment and so am mentally filing it away for the future.

Will definitely be watching again next week.
    Freddie Starr Ate My Signature
  • sairy2005
    sairy2005 Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    I think there aren't many comments as every one on here knows all this already. I thought the episode with foraging for mushrooms a bit daft. They kept warning every one not to go with out an expert. So whats the point of that. Why not tell us about sloes or elderflowers which wont poison you.
    And how to sew on a button, purleese. She did it wrong any way. What happened to winding the cotton round the back to make a shank.
    And feeding liver to kids. Why tell them half way through?
    I cant believe people need to be told this stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure